Autopsy Round 3, 2018: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

“Get our confidence up” spare me, this is is, this is our team, we aren’t that good! There is not “building confidence” what we are seeing is our standard...

Thought we were competitive for about 2 and 1/2 quarters. Moved the ball much better and executed targets better by foot at times (noticed Webster hitting up some targets nicely on the wing at various times). Frustrating we weren't able to capitalise when we had the momentum but not really surprised TBH. Once the crows kicked into gear it went down from there. Back to the predictable bomb it forward approach.

Really impressed with Coffield's debut. Looks so much more composed than most of our team. Also really liked what I saw from Marshall. Not expecting him to win the hit out count but offers so much more around the ground. Would prefer that he plays over Longer and Hickey.

Dunstan was the standout saint tonight. Sinclair and Acres were good in the first half but dropped off afterwards.

Let's see how the next month or so pans out. If things continue to be bleak, then we should plan for next year, like the hawks did after their woeful start last year. Pump games into our youngsters like Coffield, Clark, White et al and faze out the guys who won't be part of our future. Granted it looks like that might be the case with the likes of Gilbert and Weller.

Not to throw the baby out with the bathwater but looks like we might be in a position to snare one of the best forwards or mids of the much touted super draft. Imagine if we get someone like Lukosius. Won't say no to another Riewoldt like once in a generation forward.

Think the club need to be very bold this off season. Throw some of our war chest towards Sloane and make an offer crows won't be prepared to match. Our lack of experienced leaders is glaringly obvious and his leadership alone is worth the price.

I'm going to throw it out there. If a suitable offer came for Seb Ross, I'd be up for trading him. He could be the missing piece for a top 4 team lacking midfield depth. If we could get another first round pick in the super draft that would be a fantastic result. Racks up the ball but don't feel that he hurts our opposition. To me feels like opposition coaches are not fazed by letting him get lot of the pill as he is not damaging enough to worry them. Solid B player. Fingers crossed for a Bryce Gibbs like trade where a club is desperate enough to offer two first rounders but highly doubt it.

What is Preuss' contract situation. Hope that north stick with Goldstein. Might mean we could get him on the cheap if he is desperate for game time. I'd also put Longer up for trade. Think someone like GWS would like his physicality and may appeal to them. Feel that someone like Sydney might back themselves to pick up someone like Longer and hone him. Their development system is top notch. Try our luck and get an end of 1st rounder or early 2nd round pick.

Think the club have a talented group of youngsters and it is not all doom and gloom. Just need to revise expectations and put ourselves in a position to load up on as much young talent as we can.

Im gonna put this right out there. We as a supporter base are part of the ******* problem.

On here, on facebook, everywhere is nothing but a bunch of ******* softcocks bitching and moaning about how terrible we are and how bad the coach is and blah blah blah. The club cant even post on Facebook Coffield's first goal in what was a great first game for him in what will be a great career without almost. ever. single. *******. post bitching about the ******* team.

You dont think the players dont get effected by it? Garbage. They know exactly what gets written about them and that kind of shit ******* WEARS PEOPLE DOWN.

Coffield should be looking on his facebook and seeing our supporters congratulating him on a fantastic game but instead gets absolute dribble. This team performance isnt the one we want, its the one we ******* deserve.

Yeah, I'm probably guilty of crapping on them. They are a young side and struggling right now. We should probably back them in to play the kids and just readjust expectations to enjoying the progress rather than the prize for a bit longer.

Apparently its optional so we should should do just do what the f*ck ever.

As a Saints fan, you know that isn't an option. You have a life sentence of hard labour with no possibility of parole, but with alcohol to help you forget :drunk:

Thought we were competitive for about 2 and 1/2 quarters. Moved the ball much better and executed targets better by foot at times (noticed Webster hitting up some targets nicely on the wing at various times). Frustrating we weren't able to capitalise when we had the momentum but not really surprised TBH. Once the crows kicked into gear it went down from there. Back to the predictable bomb it forward approach.

Really impressed with Coffield's debut. Looks so much more composed than most of our team. Also really liked what I saw from Marshall. Not expecting him to win the hit out count but offers so much more around the ground. Would prefer that he plays over Longer and Hickey.

Dunstan was the standout saint tonight. Sinclair and Acres were good in the first half but dropped off afterwards.

Let's see how the next month or so pans out. If things continue to be bleak, then we should plan for next year, like the hawks did after their woeful start last year. Pump games into our youngsters like Coffield, Clark, White et al and faze out the guys who won't be part of our future. Granted it looks like that might be the case with the likes of Gilbert and Weller.

Not to throw the baby out with the bathwater but looks like we might be in a position to snare one of the best forwards or mids of the much touted super draft. Imagine if we get someone like Lukosius. Won't say no to another Riewoldt like once in a generation forward.

Think the club need to be very bold this off season. Throw some of our war chest towards Sloane and make an offer crows won't be prepared to match. Our lack of experienced leaders is glaringly obvious and his leadership alone is worth the price.

I'm going to throw it out there. If a suitable offer came for Seb Ross, I'd be up for trading him. He could be the missing piece for a top 4 team lacking midfield depth. If we could get another first round pick in the super draft that would be a fantastic result. Racks up the ball but don't feel that he hurts our opposition. To me feels like opposition coaches are not fazed by letting him get lot of the pill as he is not damaging enough to worry them. Solid B player. Fingers crossed for a Bryce Gibbs like trade where a club is desperate enough to offer two first rounders but highly doubt it.

What is Preuss' contract situation. Hope that north stick with Goldstein. Might mean we could get him on the cheap if he is desperate for game time. I'd also put Longer up for trade. Think someone like GWS would like his physicality and may appeal to them. Feel that someone like Sydney might back themselves to pick up someone like Longer and hone him. Their development system is top notch. Try our luck and get an end of 1st rounder or early 2nd round pick.

Think the club have a talented group of youngsters and it is not all doom and gloom. Just need to revise expectations and put ourselves in a position to load up on as much young talent as we can.

I agree with that but not trading Seb, he's one of the few we can't afford to lose and still young.

Im gonna put this right out there. We as a supporter base are part of the ******* problem.

On here, on facebook, everywhere is nothing but a bunch of ******* softcocks bitching and moaning about how terrible we are and how bad the coach is and blah blah blah. The club cant even post on Facebook Coffield's first goal in what was a great first game for him in what will be a great career without almost. ever. single. *******. post bitching about the ******* team.

You dont think the players dont get effected by it? Garbage. They know exactly what gets written about them and that kind of shit ******* WEARS PEOPLE DOWN.

Coffield should be looking on his facebook and seeing our supporters congratulating him on a fantastic game but instead gets absolute dribble. This team performance isnt the one we want, its the one we ******* deserve.
Completely agree - less than 20,000 rock up, so everyone stays at home watches the game on TV and then tear into the team online. It is honestly pathetic and I think we'd be better off without some of these so-called 'supporters'.

I thought Armo's head down moment was a game-changer. Took the ball and burrowed into a tackle rather than look to deliver it to someone, caught holding the ball. It was a pathetic moment from him when the game was in the balance and I hope he's dropped for it.

He needs to learn from Selwood to drop the knees and do the shoulder roll and wear a Geelong jumper, he would have got a high free kick.

I think we need to move on from Armo though, I was expecting better from him after his JLT performances but he looks slow and out of his depth now.

We need to stick with Dunstan in that inside mid role and I'd get Acres and Sinclair in the midfield mix too, both are jets.

I still don't rate Ross despite everyone talking him up based on his stats last year, he's ineffectual, he could rack up 20 touches and you wouldn't notice him.

I don't really see how people who are playing a match will really get affected from videos of them playing said match.

It's easy to say we're part of the problem, the hard part is actually giving a **** and playing to the quality that we all know that they can.

80% of people are frustrated cause we know the team is better than this but we have a shit game plan and ******* soft players.
You dont think its a good chance that Coffield, for example, has the Saints on his Facebook? What about his family? Friends? Bullshit that kind of shit doesnt get back to the players.

Evidently it isnt easy to say because no one is getting called out on it at all. I get that people are frustrated but for ****s sake, celebrate the silver lining and get behind the players who DO SEEM TO GIVE A **** as you said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely agree - less than 20,000 rock up, so everyone stays at home watches the game on TV and then tear into the team online. It is honestly pathetic and I think we'd be better off without some of these so-called 'supporters'.
unfortunately, its becoming the norm. this was a great place when i joined. its gone to shit over the past few years and we have lost some seriously good posters as a result.

I agree with that but not trading Seb, he's one of the few we can't afford to lose and still young.
I agree that he is still young but if it meant we could get some more quality youngsters into our team, particularly from the super draft, I'd trade him. If you look at the blues and lions, they have been loading up on as much high end draft talent as they can. I think that upon reflection, our rebuild needs to have a similar approach to getting as much top end draft talent where possible.

My feeling is that our push to finals will be pushed back by another year or so. In that time, we need to load up on as much high end young talent as we can. Try and bring in those A-graders everyone says we lack.

The trade would have to be for massive overs though.

We have the worst and most fickle 'supporters' in the league. Everyone loves to be a keyboard warrior when things are tough. People even comment on player's personal instagram having a go at their performances. Disgusting.

I don't think it's just the Saints fans, that's being any celebrity in 2018. There is nothing people won't say on line. Most people are just frustrated and last week shocked a few of us into acting like dick heads.

I agree that he is still young but if it meant we could get some more quality youngsters into our team, particularly from the super draft, I'd trade him. If you look at the blues and lions, they have been loading up on as much high end draft talent as they can. I think that upon reflection, our rebuild needs to have a similar approach to getting as much top end draft talent where possible.

My feeling is that our push to finals will be pushed back by another year or so. In that time, we need to load up on as much high end young talent as we can. Try and bring in those A-graders everyone says we lack.

The trade would have to be for massive overs though.

I don't trust our trading.

You dont think its a good chance that Coffield, for example, has the Saints on his Facebook? What about his family? Friends? Bullshit that kind of shit doesnt get back to the players.

Evidently it isnt easy to say because no one is getting called out on it at all. I get that people are frustrated but for ****s sake, celebrate the silver lining and get behind the players who DO SEEM TO GIVE A **** as you said.

people who post that stuff don't see the damage because if they did they'd realise what dicks they are. i don't mind constructive criticism but when it gets personal...

a sad reflection of where society is heading.

The only bloke on here with his hand on it is you Joffaboy - over 28000 posts suggest to me you are one of the worlds true keyboard warriors. Respect the opinions of others and let us all vent without fear or favour. In response to your potshot, 40,000 members is all relative in comparison. We are bottom 3 in members and the lack of members turning up is deafening. We only have the backing of the AFL... until we don't. Two more years of this and let's see how much they are willing to back us - they tried to push North to relocate only a few years ago.
how dare you speak to my fanboi like that... i'll cut you mofo

I don't think it's just the Saints fans, that's being any celebrity in 2018. There is nothing people won't say on line. Most people are just frustrated and last week shocked a few of us into acting like dick heads.
it is our birthright as males who live their life through sport to act as dickheads. it's in our chromosomes.

Geary needs to push up and become part of our midfield rotations and push forward to kick goals like he did tonight.

People forget that Geary was a midfielder when he started with us as a kid but then he got pushed back to be a lock down defender when Baker retired.

We can put Coffield back to play his role now and we can use Geary more as an offensive weapon in the midfield and at half forward.

I think Richo is losing it at the selection table ... Armo should not be in the side. Too often Richo appears afraid to take a risk and trust a young player . Koby stevens playing the first 2 games was a waste and pointless selection

Acres nearly bog on a wing round one.. next 2 games lets play him forward

Sinclair career best year on a wing.. this year let’s play him forward

Steele developing inside mid but let’s play him forward!!!

Hunter Clark drafted as a mid but let’s play him forward and back then drop him!!!

Why are we playing these blokes out of position so we can fit Armo and previously koby and others into our midfield !!!

Acres needs to be at every centre bounce! Our midfield is very concerning . Basically every midfielder at the centre bounces tonight is the same player except for Steven.

We need to get these different types of players in there.

Ross had a great year last year yes but my god he turns it over and just tries to be so fancy . God help any forward in our side while they’re making leads our mids are handballing overusing kicking sideways allowing defenders to flood back ...

Pull your finger out time to be brave Richo take some risks Armo to the twos as a start

And I swear I’ll blow a fuse if I hear the same old rehearsed shit from Richo try being honest and genuine with the fans for once!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 3, 2018: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back