Autopsy Round 3, 2024 :Hawks fail against Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Two likely forced changes this week means ramsden should get a run out and Finn comes back in to tag Daicos.

Ginni should have got at least 2 frees that show the umps just ignore him.

Need to persevere with HH and give him a 2 or 3 game block.

Meek is useful around the ground and should hold his place against the Woods.

I'm curious too, didn't see a single one either. If anything, I think the Anti-Reeves crew need some perspective. Meek played a pretty good game, yes, but you'd bloody hope so against a second gamer! Conversely, Reeves played against the best ruck in the comp and a 350 gamer. Apples and Oranges in opposition.

Still, Meek deserves to hold his spot and show us what he can do against better opposition.

Meek presented around the ground which Reeves hasn't been able to do. Regardless of his opponent he was able to get involved including when he was resting in the forward line. Just hope he can bring that every week. So important.

The only real tackle pressure in the F50 is currently Watson and Chol

Opposition are waltzing it out via Breust, Lewis, Ginni and CMac

It is a real concern at present. We aren’t really defending high, and the ball is coming through midfield too easily in transition

Ginnivan is pushing hard both way so can forgive him for that.
Breust has not provided much pressure for about 3 years, so not sure why suddenly people are noticing

As for Lewis, he plays chf and we don't notice his lack of tackling

Weddle played well on Cameron today. But i can't help to think our midfield would beneift with Amon and Weddle on the outside. Education is one thing but winning games off footy is another.

We need to find some genuine marking options around the ground / fwd off the ball. Loving Chol work up the ground! Who is next in line as another viable target.

HH we need to persist with him and judge over 3 weeks. A few fumbles stepping up to afl level but he showed 2nd efforts and 6 tackles.

Ramsden and Butler next in line.

Ginnivan is pushing hard both way so can forgive him for that.
Breust has not provided much pressure for about 3 years, so not sure why suddenly people are noticing

As for Lewis, he plays chf and we don't notice his lack of tackling

Agree on Breust but people forgive if you kicking snags

That mistake running into goal today is probably his worst looking error in his career, deflates a team

Dime a dozen midfielder with no absolute standout quality.
Perfect roleplayer under a Ross Lyon led side.
Dont underestimate role players.

Michael Osbourne, Bren Guerra, Brad Sewell were great honest role players who played multiple premierships

If Josh Ward can be a solid contributor in midfield rotations and add a few strings to his bow then Ive no doubt he'll play in our next flag (needs to be better than today but

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is that your voice I can hear throwing a few questions at Sammy?

I loved the fact he couldn’t hide his disappointment at the insufficient intent call in the 3rd qtr 😂 did his absolute best to deflect it but was written all over his face
Yeah mate, I asked about the centre clearances and Lloyd Meek, as well as Connor Nash’s bounce back and his thought on frostys game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you remember when, in 1999, Garry Hocking (the Geelong sniper) changed his name by deed poll to “Wiskas”?
Next week Ginnivan has to change his name to “Joel Selwood”.

Then he may get an even break from the umpires.
He should get one of those cardboard face cut outs they had down the scratch post or whatever corporate name that shithole is when they opened the J duckwood stand. If it happens again then we send him out with a selwood mask

James Worpel the highest AFL ranking player of the round, and MacKenzie 17th.

Agree on Breust but people forgive if you kicking snags

That mistake running into goal today is probably his worst looking error in his career, deflates a team
He totally ****ed two goals in the first qtr while scores were still close

The first, he had a teammate in the goal square on his own but he chose to snap from 35m on his left and it was touched

Within minutes, he then totally deflated the team with that effort that can only be described as hopeless

Calling a spade a spade.

Mentioned before the game that he should hav been the sub because ha has been a liability in all games this year and may offer something coming on after the pace has gone out of the game.

Wiz or no Wiz, he needs to be sub next week if he is going to be retained.

Two likely forced changes this week means ramsden should get a run out and Finn comes back in to tag Daicos.

Ginni should have got at least 2 frees that show the umps just ignore him.

Need to persevere with HH and give him a 2 or 3 game block.

Meek is useful around the ground and should hold his place against the Woods.
Reckon Butler comes in with Ramsden.

The third qtr run on the cats got was the center bounces with hus and frenchie in the middle similar to the first qtr. We had nash and newk out of the middle to then come back in later and play the entire last qtr.

On another side note. Wardy was going at high 60s percentage on the ground which changed when Lewis got injured.
Why did we not have the centre square set up in the third q the same as the second when we got back into the game. That does not make sense

Couldn't Phillips come in as another defender and Weddle move to a wing?
I know Weddle did OK today but I don't think he's a great defender and it limits his run and carry.

Geelong were incredibly accurate in front of goal. 17.4, when just under half the game is raining is good kicking.

Things I liked

-Worpel. Went beast mode in the last quarter.

-Meek. Slow start, but got better as the game went on. The Reeves fanboys calling for his omission is laughable.

-King Chol. Sensational start to his brown and gold career. A real x-factor

-After a shaky start, the midfield were heaps better this week.

-We've played 3 pretty decent teams so far this year. I reckon we've started better this year than last. Should go in with confidence against the Pies.
My son pointed out that last time we played Geelong we got done by 14 goals in a half, so at least we made some progress.

Couldn't Phillips come in as another defender and Weddle move to a wing?
I know Weddle did OK today but I don't think he's a great defender and it limits his run and carry.

I thought Phillips was poor on the weekend. Probably wouldn't be right to promote him to the senior team based off his performance so far.

Serong would be ahead of him at this stage.

Why did we not have the centre square set up in the third q the same as the second when we got back into the game. That does not make sense

Because our mids need a break and we also wanted to see what hus and frenchie could do. Its part of where we r at present. Hus couldnt get going today. Tough day for our youngsters. It will be interesting in recovery this week. Hope we dont come out flat in 6 days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back