Preview Round 5, 2024: GWS v St.Kilda - Manuka Oval, Saturday 13 April, 1:45pm AEST *GARCIA DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting in early - & I hate being negative! - but we are severely undermanned and I think GWS will be there in the last Saturday in September - I’m expecting RTB to try and contain the damage and I don’t think it’s realistic to expect much else.

Hopefully some of our young guys stand up against a very experienced and slick outfit.

When we get something like our best 22 on the park I think we can be competitive against this mob.

Crouch is 4 weeks away
Hey Joffa - my comment was a reply to SaintsComeMarchin - who posted a "best 23" including Henry, Wood, Dow etc.. although it is actually OT here - I might even try to squeeze Clark into that list.
This week, I reckon Windy comes in Hastie out - maybe Butler out and some bigger body like Hayes or Campbell to come in? Caminiti? Not sure.

Hey Joffa - my comment was a reply to SaintsComeMarchin - who posted a "best 23" including Henry, Wood, Dow etc.. although it is actually OT here - I might even try to squeeze Clark into that list.
This week, I reckon Windy comes in Hastie out - maybe Butler out and some bigger body like Hayes or Campbell to come in? Caminiti? Not sure.
With the elimination final fresh in our clubs mind.

I can’t imagine we drop our best pressure small for another tall against the side that moves like a jaguar at lunch time.

I can’t imagine we drop our best pressure small for another tall against the side that moves like a jaguar at lunch time.

Butler's not coming out for a tall when we may be too tall already.

But he would want to increase his production soon. One nice moment on the weekend.

Fair enough - the whole selection this week is problematic. Half our side will be like panicked house cats - by the same argument. Recall how RTB said Pou was "like a lost puppy" or something like that, in the middle. Can't see Hastie or anyone else not in the 22 - other than Windy - making at impact. They look close to flag favourites so far, but I am happy it is at Manuka.

Butler's not coming out for a tall when we may be too tall already.

But he would want to increase his production soon. One nice moment on the weekend.
He won’t be dropping Butler for Collard (as seems to be the latest fanbase desire) until more senior players are back and he can balance the line up.

Oh OK, no worries, mis read. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Fair enough - the whole selection this week is problematic. Half our side will be like panicked house cats - by the same argument. Recall how RTB said Pou was "like a lost puppy" or something like that, in the middle. Can't see Hastie or anyone else not in the 22 - other than Windy - making at impact. They look close to flag favourites so far, but I am happy it is at Manuka.
It will most likely be Hastie for Windy and then someone as sub. Maybe Jones.

There isn’t anything that’s going to turn this in our favour other than rolling up our sleeves and just out working them on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels risky to make Jones a sub given his body is prone to falling apart at any minute

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How in any way is that risky? If anything maximizing his impact with limited game time is the absolute best thing to do.

Dow? Now you are picking an injured and under done player

I think the inclusion of Dow, Howard, Wood, Hayes, Henry and Dow suggest it's an overall best 23, not a suggestion for this game.

He won’t be dropping Butler for Collard (as seems to be the latest fanbase desire) until more senior players are back and he can balance the line up.
Butler is just about our only pressure fwd. Collard wont replace him until he learns to be even close to do that role at Sandy level.
Wouldn't mind seeing them both out there though. Together they would make a dangerous ground level pairing.

Dow should be straight in gone are the days you run players in the 2s for weeks, have a look at Carlton Sam Walsh straight in & he had a debilitating back injury.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back