Opinion Round 5 Changes vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Luke Parker go down behind play and then moments later MdB got his jumper ripped in half by a bunch of remonstrating Sydney players? Could he be facing some MRP scrutiny?

He was playing like a possessed man on high dosage angry pills in the first half. There's a guy desperate to keep his spot...

Prior to this game I'd have said Ballaz in for de boer as a lock but I thought de boer deserves another game but picking someone else to miss is pretty hard.

There will be some stiff players, Mzungu, Suban, De Boer the most likely to be under the pump, everyone else seems to have enough brownie points for now.

Silvagni could be a chance and we do have to squeeze Zac D in eventually. Good problems to have.

Prior to this game I'd have said Ballaz in for de boer as a lock but I thought de boer deserves another game but picking someone else to miss is pretty hard.

There will be some stiff players, Mzungu, Suban, De Boer the most likely to be under the pump, everyone else seems to have enough brownie points for now.

Silvagni could be a chance and we do have to squeeze Zac D in eventually. Good problems to have.

Not sure on that - our structure down back has changed now and is working really well, with better rebound. Same with Crowley coming out and now the team only do semi-tags so we are more attacking. Dawson cannot rebound the footy like Ibbotson or MJ who between them are doing his role - why go back to last years structure when we are kicking an average of 4 more goals a game with the new structure and have just beaten Sydney who have probably the comps most dangerous tall forwards. Present defence structure has more flexibility as to who can rebound it out. Reckon if McPharlin/MJ are injured or need a rest Silvagni is still next in, even if Dawson was fit because Silavgni has at least some rebound potential (similar to McPharlin IMO). Look at our history - Dawson has only played on the opposition best forward if McPharlin/MJ were injured - normally he played on the 2nd best forward and we then relied on a spare man in defense to rebound. Now we are playing man on man defense, spare man at the contest and defenders rotate the rebounding to whoever is free. Dawson was great introducing the Lyon gameplan but the players know it now and it has evolved anyway.

Time will tell If I am right, think Dawson is still a few weeks away so Silvagni and/or the new structure get more games to prove themselves.

Was Walters reported for the backhander in the second quarter? We might get Ballas back and lose Walters. Mayne played out the game but could also miss with that Corky depending how it goes. If it is as wet next week as it was in Melbourne today we could also go smaller.

Anyone watch Lyon's post match press conference? He was tempted to bring Sheridan straight back in this week, could be a smokey against Melbourne. The way he mentioned him, it seemed like he wanted Sheridan in over Mzungu.

Didn't Luke Parker go down behind play and then moments later MdB got his jumper ripped in half by a bunch of remonstrating Sydney players? Could he be facing some MRP scrutiny?

He was playing like a possessed man on high dosage angry pills in the first half. There's a guy desperate to keep his spot...

Not bad tho' eh? ;)
( No insults to gender preferences intended IP x)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watch Lyon's post match press conference? He was tempted to bring Sheridan straight back in this week, could be a smokey against Melbourne. The way he mentioned him, it seemed like he wanted Sheridan in over Mzungu.

Probably not over Mzungu but would be more than happy for him to come back into the team over Subes/De Boer.

I must say Debour is playing better this season as he has learned not to kick the ball lol.

People here shouldn't be too concerned that Crozier/Sheridan are not getting games because Suban/Debour will drop off end of season and these guys will slot in fresh for finals.

For us to keep winning games we need Suban/MDB hungry and desperate to stay in the team, otherwise depth wise we will have an issue.

While Suban was much better tonight, he's a better candidate for the sub because he's more of an explosive player. I reckon if you had to bring one of Mz or Suban on in the last quarter, Suban would have more impact in that time. Vice versa, Mzungu would be better 9 times out of 10 over the course of a full game.
Somehow thought for the same reasons that DeBoer is not a good sub, but worked pretty well...

People here shouldn't be too concerned that Crozier/Sheridan are not getting games because Suban/Debour will drop off end of season and these guys will slot in fresh for finals.
And our injury list will not stay that short for the whole season I guess. Apart from Ballas suspended we perhaps have our best 22 available at the moment. Dawson and Crowley likely to need a huge effort to replace a more attacking player again. And Silvagni hard to fit into current backline as well...

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Round 5 Changes vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back