Autopsy Round 5 v Melbourne, Roast, Toast & Changes for Adelaide

Best players v Melbourne

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

When caddy kicked the sealer. The Roar was that loud. I sweat i went deaf for 30 seconds
**** it was so ******* loud

We've got the best fans in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does Kane Cornes say/do on whatever footy show he appears on a Sunday?? Backed the Dees on Sunday as unconvinced with the Tigers. Apparently we have shown nothing...

Next round is Tigers, presumably his most despised team for some reason against the Crows, a team he must also hate.

Considering his role is to antagonise supporters rather than add any value I assume he will back the Crows being the smaller supporter base.

K Cornes = Muppet

View attachment 362167
I've shat out turds with more credibility than K cornes.

When caddy kicked the sealer. The Roar was that loud. I sweat i went deaf for 30 seconds
**** it was so ******* loud
it was glorious

i called my missus as i was leaving the ground and she couldn't understand a word i was saying i had no voice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win. What you can do with a decent ruckman! Btw, Hibberd played the game on his terms as he was on Elton who hopefully has played his last game for Richmond, simply not up to it, almost has me longing for Vickery.
wash your mouth out, what a horrible thing to say!!!

caddy240417.jpg

This post-mortem of this match has too much complacency in it for my liking. The game itself was frustrating in the extreme. I lost my head in the third quarter, sitting up in the nose-bleeds.
Melbourne exploited our running game hard with such aggression in tight spaces early in the game. Dustin Martin's disposal efficiency was 38% when it was highlighted on the screen. We lost composure regularly - we looked genuinely porous and had no antidote to short clearances and loose men around the ball.
Brandon Ellis consistently marked space on the wing while Melbourne players were running rings around the beleaguered midfield.
The umpires were ****ing awful as usual, missing calls both ways and calling ones that weren't there both ways.

We are unstoppable, read unstoppable, when we get our chains on. Speed and contested ball retention is essential to our style of play over our wins this seasons but tonight, and I saw none of it for three quarters. ZERO. I tried so hard to will them - believe me, my throat is hoarse from sitting that far up - but watching us second guess ourselves for the first time tonight in the second and third quarters my heart sank. Houli hesitated. Ellis seagulled hard and he was noticeable as the easy option on the wing or 20m to the side. It was 2016 all over again.

We went into our shell BUT we got out of it. I don't attribute it to us not folding, but rather, a typical Melbourne melt.

I want to write more but my fingers fail me at the moment.
This game was a ****ing awesome win and I am so happy, but I'm not throwing that frustration away. I don't want any more of that horizontal bullshit.

Last edited:
Bloody awesome win!!!! I was a bit flat at 3qtr time but I had a feeling we might pull something out and when we got it to 7pts I had really begun to believe.

Can I say a few things about Melbourne and their supporters?

- They are dogs. Nathan Jones, Salem and Watts at times, goddamn Jake-f u ck wit-Melksham, absolute scum of the earth. I never hated Melbourne until last year when they did the exact same shit to us and Bugg was the main campaigner. But after tonight, they can seriously just go and get stuffed. I want to stay calm and be a good bloke but seriously, what a bunch of dogs. To top it all off they are the biggest bunch of cocky shits you have ever seen. Every time they kick a goal they do this tongue out bullshit.... Watts, Hogan, Jayden campaigner, Petracca... How could you manage to recruit such a bunch of dicks that seem to think they are so entitled?? Dusty showed them proper footy club passion when he slotted his goal in the last, that's how you celebrate, and Jack Riewoldt, what a legend.

- To make things worse, come ON, how can they not be seen as the AFL Demons?! Umpires in their damn pockets. HOW MANY THROWS WERE NOT PAID?! It just really felt like one wave of momentum all night towards the Melbourne goal, and thank god we went and shoved it up 'em in the last quarter.

- Their supporters, I was blown away by the campaigners. I was in the MCC surrounded by Demons and by god, the way they cheer and jeer at the dumbest shit with their bunch of neck-sweater players running around with their tongues out... It was so good to beat them.

- Sorry... rant over.

-----------------------------------------

On to us and the game:

> I could go on and on about our best players, but they absolutely killed it when we needed them in the last quarter, as did a few others.

> Don't underestimate how well we had to play to win tonight. Forget Melbourne's injuries, we had a few passengers that are basically worse than injuries. Menadue did bugger all and Elton is pretty. darn. terrible. Markov I rate highly but was pretty poor tonight. Add those three who were effectively deer in the headlights, plus a poor three quarters from Rioli and Dusty/Cotchin only really being involved in the last as well, and some spurts but otherwise bugger all involvement from Butler and Castagna, and we really had to dig deep to win.
I rate us highly, but we are still carrying a couple, really need Prestia to find his fitness, and really need both Vlastuin and Miles in this side around the ball, still missing a proper in and under midfielder so Miles needs to come back and we'll be even better.

> Elton has to go, unfortunately. Who to replace him? Astbury appeared to do well forward but is it robbing Peter to pay that other bloke Paul? I was thinking we could drop Elton, play Astbury forward, and bring in Garthwaite? OR Elton out Chol in? Griffiths probably will miss a few more if he ever plays again, given it's another bloody concussion. Or do we give Callum Moore a go? Chol seems the logical choice, but what do people think about Astbury forward, his natural position, and give Garthwaite a go? Might surprise us.

Anyway really happy about the win and it was so good to cheer home a big comeback and sing the song.

-----------------------------------------

Changes vs Adelaide:

OUT: Elton, Menadue, Markov

IN:
Chol, Miles, Vlastuin

Grimes, Astbury, Short
Houli, Rance, Conca
Cotchin, Vlastuin, McIntosh
Caddy, Chol, Butler
Rioli, Riewoldt, Castagna
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
Miles, Grigg, B. Ellis, Lambert