Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 123-81 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Tremendous

Made me eat my words regarding their current form and capabilities this year

FWIW top 4 is a tall, tall mountain to climb from here

Starting with a 5 day break and a confident Essendon on Anzac Day
Essendon got lucky right at the end. I reckon we've got a decent chance of knocking them down a peg or two. But then, ANZAC Day would normally be like a Grand Final to them (as close to finals as they've been for a while anyway), so close to the best will be required to beat them.

Good to kick 120 odd point I think the bye had us not switch on at the start
Definitely slow to warm up. Like their brains were still in bye mode and they hadn't realised yet they'd actually started playing again.

THAT was a real statement from our mids.
Port's mids, on the surface, are supposedly one of the strongest combos in the competition. But when you actually take the time to dig deep beneath the surface, their frailties are thrown into sharp focus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a bit spicy. It'll burn on the way out tomorrow morning, hey Kochie?! 🤣🤣🤣
Won't need to go to the curry house on the way home. Probably should stay away from the Pepsi Max as well, the bubbles will just increase the burn factor.

Well,that was a good win,probably our best performance of the year.It just shows you what we can achieve when we up the pressure and play our natural game.I don’t know what happened in the first quarter,but the players were able to turn it around very quickly in the second quarter,thank God.

A big shout out to Hoskin Elliott.I thought he was great especially in the first half when we were struggling to score.He might have just reinvented himself as a forward.God knows we can do wth someone who can take a mark down there.

Naicos is a god.
30 disposals.
15 Contested possessions (game high)
14 Score involvements (game high)
8 clearances (game high)
4 Center clearances (game high)
757 meters gained (game high)
4 intercept possessions
He's a machine. Must have had a good oiling in the bye, because those are impressive numbers in most people's language.

Port's mids, on the surface, are supposedly one of the strongest combos in the competition. But when you actually take the time to dig deep beneath the surface, their frailties are thrown into sharp focus.
They're very small. Rozzee is built like Nick, Butters is similar (has a hard head though), and Drew is fairly slight. Wines is huge but glacially slow now. Horne-Francis is their best athlete, but can go missing.

Defensively you can expose them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 123-81 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back