Round 7 - Adelaide vs Geelong now starting at 12:45pm so people can watch Black Caviar.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm traveling to Adelaide for the footy.. I would also like to see Black Caviar race.. Now I can do both.. You beauty..!
from what I've heard Motphetville is sold out.

I think thats why the jockey club has pushed back the race, to give people an hour to get there from the game. I love how the jockey club has given themselves an out however, by pushing the race to 4:20pm daylight permitting. Be interesting to see what happens if that day happens to come with a few dark clouds....

Still think its ridiculous to assume enough crows members are so desperate to see both that they did this. I'm not fussed about the 30 min change, in fact I am happy to get more of the afternoon afterwards, but the reason for it is stupid. I don't see them changing game times when other minorities want to attend something else so why this?

EDIT: Finally found the link between the Crows and the horse race that has caused this - turn to page 75 of the Sunday Mail. In brief, the 4 co-owners of a horse called Go the Knuckle include Pavlich and one Rob Chapman, the crows chairman. This horse is likely to be running in the same race as Black Caviar. No wonder the game got changed, our precious chairman wanted to get over to see his horse up against the current phenomenon....

And now indaily has added more info, seems Mr Chapman will have a geelong fan who also happens to be in charge of Vic Racing with him so they will be going to the footy and then the race. Nice to see how open he is about abusing his position at the Crows!!! :rolleyes:

And now indaily has added more info, seems Mr Chapman will have a geelong fan who also happens to be in charge of Vic Racing with him so they will be going to the footy and then the race. Nice to see how open he is about abusing his position at the Crows!!! :rolleyes:

Excellent, I'll get a lift with Rob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here, but Bartel didn't travel with the team and won't be playing. Confirmed on Cats twitter.

They haven't named his replacement, but most on the geelong board are tipping Byrnes as the sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 7 - Adelaide vs Geelong now starting at 12:45pm so people can watch Black Caviar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back