Prediction Round 8, 2024: Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree, barring that dreadful set shot hes a one touch, silky player.

4 possessions is just not acceptable. Given we have personnel available, he should be dropped based on the last 2 performances.

Ryan had 5 disposals and looked disinterested at times ..Not a great example by a senior player..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wce should keep rebuilding with the youth I noticed Simmo is slowly introducing his credits team back in ..

100%

everytime we bring back oldies we look oldie

I'd debut Hall this week. Reckon he's good for 15-20 possies

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah why not it’s not as if we have turned the corner and looking to make the 8 ..

we haven't and aren't

we should give as many guys on the list a crack

Start auditioning for 2025

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

First AFL game since round 3 2023 I think he gets a Mulligan being rusty.

That’s on Simmo bringing Ryan and Sheed back when they aren’t in good form from the WAFL after missing a lot of footy through injury ..Just forget the past and promote them based on merit ..

Sheed haters are scared knowing if he had a full game he would rip it up and stay in the squad forever

I understand why people want to whip Andrew gaff but I can tell you if you whip Sheed your going to have egg on your faces.

Refer to Waterman being the whipping boy when anyone with an eye for talent could spot him being a superstar from way back.

Sheed has one last hurrah of form to hit before he retires.

Last edited:
That’s on Simmo bringing Ryan and Sheed back when they aren’t in good form from the WAFL after missing a lot of footy through injury ..Just forget the past and promote them based on merit ..

Our WAFL team bar the East Fremantle win have been crap. Not sure Harvey Johnston and Clay Hall have exactly been bashing down the door either.

Likely to have 16 fit players to choose from for replacements which is a good thing. That said 7 have not played AFL and 5 have played 9 games or less.

This is a great opportunity to see what the match comittee do with player availabilty.

Out Hedwards witherden sheed
In Barrass Reid long

Ryan to the backline
Chesser to sub

Brockman def needs a spell.
Think we need to keep Sheed in,don’t want to cook Yeo and Kelly.

Good to see Luke Edwards in everyones outs:

#1 ranked eagle for distance at high speed
#1 ranked eagle for average speed in attack
#2 ranked eagle for average speed in defence
#2 ranked eagle for average speed
#3 ranked eagle for sprints with 16*

The guys clearly working his arse off in a s**t position, not sure how he gets dropped. As Simmo pointed out during the week, he's played every game that he's been available for. Probably a reason for that.

Stats aren't everything and we only get the top 5 but the tracker is interesting. Distance covered for us gets taken out by Duggan, Waterman, Hough. Thats more a measure of time on ground where our top 4 of Waterman, Duggan, Cripps, Hough are all at 90% time on ground give or take. Edwards is spending time on the bench [78% game time] but spending more time out there than our proper mids. It would seem that today, just like in his other full games this year, Edwards would probably be #1 ranked for every tracker metric if adjusted for time on ground. For instance Cripps had 17 sprints, one more than Edwards- but he spent 12% more time on ground. Then Luke is also copping it for having low stats. He's not playing at the coal face. Almost all of his possessions are kicks, and he got more than most today. Of our mids Kelly had the most kicks with 11, then Yeo on 9, LEdwards 8, Hunt 7, Cripps 6, Ginbey 5, Chesser 4, Sheed 2 etc.

I'm not sure what he'll be but pretty sure he's been given a role and is hitting his KPI's. For someone who doesn't seem to be all that fast its super interesting that his cruising speed at least seems to be elite. He'll stay in is my bet.

Changes for mine this week:

Out: Chesser, Sheed, Witherden, Brockman
In: Trew, Reid, Barrass [Sub-Johnston]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back