Official Team Thread Roys FFC S37 Community Rooms - Congrats 3KZ is Football Broken Medallist S37!

Remove this Banner Ad

17-S37R10-headera.png

In the previous 5 rounds we had defeated 4 teams and 1 bye. There was no stopping us. And this week we met the Furies at home, so there was ever noer stopping us! Not a game we could lose, not on this current form.

That's what they said anyway. Welllll, let me tell you a tale. As expected the Roys were out of the blocks early, with royboy2 splitting the sticks within the first minute. The pressure was minimal, 5 straight goals producing a 2 goal break at quarter time. The Furies were kicking like crap but fighting like their name suggests, bringing the margin back to just 2 points at the the half, and we were still those 2 points ahead at the last change too.

Mooch and JackNah_8 were kicking goals and SpecialBruce was racking up the stats. But let's be frank, it was a close one! The Furies had even snatched the lead and extended it to 2 goals, before the calm and confident Gorilla machine took it back again.

Despite starting with a bang ( Mooch goaled within the first 30 seconds), the game continued to be close throughout the final quarter. The Cryptkeeper was having a day out in front of goal and the Furies were back in front with 10 minutes to go. After JackNah_8 returned the lead to the Roys, the defence shut the play down and the Furies could score only behinds under immense pressure.

Until The Cryptkeeper scored again. Suddenly the visitors were in front with just 4 minutes remaining to play. Could the Roys manufacture something in the last few minutes? Well, yeah, we could. Mooch was lining up to put the Furies away with just 2 minutes to play:

23.06 - Behind to Mooch (ROY) - FUR by 4 point(s).

And with that, a stunned silence descended over the BJO. The streak was over.

royboy2 was too busy tackling 11 players to even notice the score hadn't gone our way. DERRINALPHIL equalled out in the ruck then ran to the bench and demanded chardonnay. 3KZ is Football amassed touches but didn't tip this. And we'd lost at home to the Furies. Sadface.

Goals: Mooch 4 , JackNah_8 3 , Dicky Fitzwell , TheGoatBaron , royboytutu , Phar Ace , Pure Grunt , DERRINALPHIL

Unsure where it all went wrong, but I did come across one clue:
Oh geez, not sure I can watch the last quarter...
Not watch the last quarter? YOU'RE ON THE BLOODY GROUND!

18a-Anc3_royboy2_Award.gif

Season 37 royboy2 Award for the Most Consistent Player​

The royboy2 award is given to the most consistent player across the season. We have seen a number of players this season - Ed_Gein consistently game away free kicks, SpecialBruce consistently ripped the opposition apart, and we had 10 posters who consistently turned up in every single match thread.

But the winner of the award this year was consistently a ball magnet and an important playmaker on the field, consistently failed to take marks as if his arms were strapped and he couldn’t actually get them over his head, he was consistently in our best week after week, and consistently popped up with quality in match threads.

An old timer, a true Roy, and a fixture of this club. So much so that we named an award after him. This one. The royboy2 award.

This season’s royboy2 award winner is …… royboy2.

18c-Anc3_royboy2_Award.png

Stats:
Code:
HO    K    M    H    T    FF    FA    G    B    Dt
 0  140    0  138   89    51    16   11    9  1130

19a-Unofficial_Awards_header.png

There are various non-canon awards out there, everything from position-specific prizes to "most relevant" and even more. We featured a couple of times in these.

RATE THE OPPOSITION​

Run by big_icky AnUltimateRessie

big_icky oops I mean AnUltimateRessie ran the "Rate The Opposition Player" thread this season and in a very tight finish, it was myself (hi I'm Mobbs} who snuck through the pack to nab 1st place.

MCINNES PRIZE​

Run by Tonga Bob

I also had my artwork rated Number 1 in the McInnes Prize event (run by Tonga Bob ). But now I have to build the gallery to house it in.

THE LIST​

Run by big_icky

Mooch was still in the running as The List closed in on the final survivor, but I lost track of the thread. If he'd won
it, I'm sure he would have told us about it! But he did get close.

MOBBS MEDAL PREDICTOR​

Run by FootyGuy13

royboy2 picked up 4th place in the Mobbs Medal Predictor (run by FootyGuy13 ), a phantom count of the Mobbenfuhrer Medal based on data gained from the games played.

And that's - as far as I can see - the lot!

You were also all generally cross-the-board awesome. There should be an award for that.

And there is! Your prize is: you get to read me saying you're all generally cross-the-board awesome! You're welcome!

GENERALLY ACROSS-THE-BOARD AWESOME AWARD​

Run by Mobbs

The winners of the GATBAA in its inaugural season (and all subsequent seasons) are (and will be) … all of you guys and girls! Congrats :)

BARRELS AWARD​

It's not often acknowledged how many little pieces of the Sweet FA got its start with the Roys. Player participation tables started with the Roys, and is now used by all clubs and expected by the league. The concept of using "FFC" as a suffix was first employed by the Roys and is now also in use by other clubs eg the Dragons FFC and the Gumbies FFC. The Tour of Bigfooty is just an extension of a visit I once made to the Freo board and started a Qooty match between fans of South Freo and fans of East Freo. And the "Rate the Opposition" Award, as we all know, was inspired by the Roys-borne Barrels Award.

While everybody is already probably midway through their joyous barrel won earlier in the season, I feel it's a good time to reprise the list of our funnest opponents throughout S37. Thank you for service to banter, all of the following!:
v Warriors - spudmaster
v Wonders - HARPSichord & dogs105
v Hawks - Tarkyn_24
v Swamprats - Ant Bear
v Dragons - Pie 4 Life & T2B_
v Royals - Brenton Davy
v Bears - Dingster
v Bombers - Kilroy
v Furies - James Colorado & ShaunDuggan
v Demons - sausageroll
v Gumbies - Falconista
v OOBs - DemurePrincess
v Bombers - Kilroy (again)
v Hawks - Tarkyn_24 (again
v Swamprats - jackster83
v Bears - tony

Last edited:
Well done "old timer"
View attachment 2031933

There are various non-canon awards out there, everything from position-specific prizes to "most relevant" and even more. We featured a couple of times in these.

RATE THE OPPOSITION​

Run by big_icky

big_icky ran the "Rate The Opposition Player" thread this season and in a very tight finish, it was myself (hi I'm Mobbs} who snuck through the pack to nab 1st place.

MCINNES PRIZE​

Run by Tonga Bob

I also had my artwork rated Number 1 in the McInnes Prize event (run by Tonga Bob ). But now I have to build the gallery to house it in.

THE LIST​

Run by big_icky

Mooch was still in the running as The List closed in on the final survivor, but I lost track of the thread. If he'd won

MOBBS MEDAL PREDICTOR​

Run by FootyGuy13

royboy2 picked up 4th place in the Mobbs Medal Predictor (run by FootyGuy13 ), a phantom count of the Mobbenfuhrer Medal based on data gained from the games played.

And that's - as far as I can see - the lot!

You were also all generally cross-the-board awesome. There should be an award for that.

And there is! Your prize is: you get to read me saying you're all generally cross-the-board awesome! You're welcome!

GENERALLY ACROSS-THE-BOARD AWESOME AWARD​

Run by Mobbs

The winners of the GATBAA in its inaugural season (and all subsequent seasons) are (and will be) … all of you guys and girls! Congrats :)

BARRELS AWARD​

It's not often acknowledged how many little pieces of the Sweet FA got its start with the Roys. Player participation tables started with the Roys, and is now used by all clubs and expected by the league. The concept of using "FFC" as a suffix was first employed by the Roys and is now also in use by other clubs eg the Dragons FFC and the Gumbies FFC. The Tour of Bigfooty is just an extension of a visit I once made to the Freo board and started a Qooty match between fans of South Freo and fans of East Freo. And the "Rate the Opposition" Award, as we all know, was inspired by the Roys-borne Barrels Award.

While everybody is already probably midway through their joyous barrel won earlier in the season, I feel it's a good time to reprise the list of our funnest opponents throughout S37. Thank you for service to banter, all of the following!:
v Warriors - spudmaster
v Wonders - HARPSichord & dogs105
v Hawks - Tarkyn_24
v Swamprats - Ant Bear
v Dragons - Pie 4 Life & T2B_
v Royals - Brenton Davy
v Bears - Dingster
v Bombers - Kilroy
v Furies - James Colorado & ShaunDuggan
v Demons - sausageroll
v Gumbies - Falconista
v OOBs - DemurePrincess
v Bombers - Kilroy (again)
v Hawks - Tarkyn_24 (again
v Swamprats - jackster83
v Bears - tony
Some good eggs in that lot - we sure can pick em

Happy Two Thumbs Up GIF by ConEquip Parts

Back in 10 minutes with the next selection of heartbreaking Qooty rounds!

Grab yourselves another Chud! DON'T GRAB THAT. That's my penis.
(old D-Generation lines never get old)
I want a new one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE LIST​

Run by @big_icky

@Mooch was still in the running as The List closed in on the final survivor, but I lost track of the thread. If he'd won
I'm sure I must have won. Somebody would have told me if I hadn't and nobody mentioned a damn thing. So yay me!

PS do you know what this is actually for? I've got no idea.

I'm sure I must have won. Somebody would have told me if I hadn't and nobody mentioned a damn thing. So yay me!

PS do you know what this is actually for? I've got no idea.
Only one person knows and he's not telling and he's not me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back