Official Team Thread Roys FFC S37 Community Rooms - Congrats 3KZ is Football Broken Medallist S37!

Remove this Banner Ad

20-S37R11-headera.png

Two teams duking it out for a spot in the 8 lined up at Mt Buller in a contest the Clarkbet could barely separate. Surely we couldn’t be about to witness the first draw of the season? There’s only one way to find out. No, don’t skip the end of the write up dammit. I poured my heart and soul into writing this.

Proper Gander kicked the first goal on the minute mark, and Yakker added a second soon after. It was another 10 minutes before tigs2010 kicked the first Roys goal - and the only one of the quarter. Oh dear. Please keep reading, I promise it gets better.

The second and third quarters didn’t get much better, despite plenty of ball action from Mobbs (24 touches) and SpecialBruce and royboy2 tackling anything that moved (10 between them). Mooch and Dicky Fitzwell tried to keep the game interesting through the middle of the game (2 and 1 goals respectively) but it was a later 6-pointer from 3KZ is Football which buoyed the Roys. I SAID KEEP READING!

Starting the last term 2 goals down, it was still looking like a long shot for a Roys win at this stage. But with windyhill and judge judy shutting up shop at the back and limited the Demons to a single goal - and that one directly from the opening bounce - the game was still on. With 11 minutes remaining, the Demons were still 19 points in front. But up stepped JackNah_8 once again to hammer in 3 last quarter goals (sandwiching windyhill) to give the Roys an unlikely win.

Goals: JackNah_8 3, Mooch 2, 3KZ is Football, Phar Ace, windyhill, Dicky Fitzwell, SpecialBruce, tigs2010, judge judy

Though he doesn't encourage it.
I never admitted to counting them either

secret smell GIF

View attachment 2031929

Season 37 royboy2 Award for the Most Consistent Player​

The royboy2 award is given to the most consistent player across the season. We have seen a number of players this season - Ed_Gein consistently game away free kicks, SpecialBruce consistently ripped the opposition apart, and we had 10 posters who consistently turned up in every single match thread.

But the winner of the award this year was consistently a ball magnet and an important playmaker on the field, consistently failed to take marks as if his arms were strapped and he couldn’t actually get them over his head, he was consistently in our best week after week, and consistently popped up with quality in match threads.

An old timer, a true Roy, and a fixture of this club. So much so that we named an award after him. This one. The royboy2 award.

This season’s royboy2 award winner is …… royboy2.

View attachment 2031930

Stats:
Code:
HO    K    M    H    T    FF    FA    G    B    Dt
 0  140    0  138   89    51    16   11    9  1130

Thank you so much, certainly honored to win such a prestigious award 😁

It's actually a little embarrassing if I'm honest, especially when there are so many other consistent and fantastic posters in the side.

Just want to say before we move the night on, we have 2 days to sign up for the Sweet Olympics in the team chat. We currently need

1 x 100m relay runner
2 x Persuit cyclists
3 x road race cyclists
2 x Coxless (lol) rowers
So we can compete in the team events and there are still a heap of individual events too.

Thanks again, have a great night!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

21-S37R12-headera.png

Back at the BJO, two teams entered the arena looking to put themselves in the box seat for the double chance come season’s end. Both teams scraped in for narrow wins last week and would be hoping to not have to strain the nerves quite so much this week.

This game is seriously hard to describe. Gumbies took the lead early through Barrybran and never looked back from there - they never gave up that lead. But to say the Roys suffered a 5-goal loss just doesn’t do the players justice.

SpecialBruce played the game of his life - and one worthy of the Sweet FA record books - with a 34 touch, 9 tackle 4 goal performance. Pure Grunt had 34 touches and took 10 marks. How could these guys end up on the losing side? DERRINALPHIL had 19 hitouts, 15 touches and a goal and Roylion had a day out with 22 touches. TheGoatBaron, tigs2010 and Reardo all kicked a deuce of goals each and somehow these bloody Gumbies took the points away from the BJO. I blame Mooch, whose only contribution to the game was to boot the ball out on the full from the pocket.

Goals: SpecialBruce 4, Reardo 2, tigs2010 2, TheGoatBaron, JackNah_8, DERRINALPHIL, royboy2

Thank you so much, certainly honored to win such a prestigious award 😁

It's actually a little embarrassing if I'm honest, especially when there are so many other consistent and fantastic posters in the side.

Just want to say before we move the night on, we have 2 days to sign up for the Sweet Olympics in the team thread. We currently need

1 x 100m relay runner
2 x Persuit cyclists
3 x road race cyclists
2 x Coxless (lol) rowers
So we can compete in the team events and there are still a heap of individual events too.

Thanks again, have a great night!
If I'm not already signed up to these events, you can add me to the relay and the rowing.

22-S37R13-headera.png

The big test was afoot, as the Roys travelled out to Spotswood in order to take on the new heavyweights, the Ophidian Old Boys. The OOBs were holding sway up at or near top of the ladder, and this wouldn't be merely a scalp, but a scalp-rogaine-rescalp if we could pull off a victory. Could we do it? Well we'd just come off a loss to the Gumbies ... so, yeah, there was that.

In our busiest match thread for the season, we earnt Tigerturbulance 's accolades of being "not entirely shit to engage with for a change" (pfft!) but of course, as someone (me) once (just now) said (typed) : flames don't win games. It was onfield where the real action was to ensue.

And what a contest it turned out to be! Against all expectations, the Gorillas held leads of 7 points, 6 points and 9 points at each change. a battering rate of clearances from 3KZ is Football , supported by SpecialBruce, Pure Grunt and royboy2 , was powering us through the quarters. Reardo continued his by now unsurprising rate of linkages to set up scoring opportunities, and Chezzalenko Reborn fought mightily to keep Harvey Manfrenjensenden to goalless. Phar Ace fell back into defence to attend to a piece of Viper machinery known as King Tenz when things got the hottest. DERRINALPHIL lowered his colours in the ruck but only by a smidgeon, and with the Roys engine-room clearance sale in force, it barely mattered.

It wasn't over, one quarter remained. Not all was as rosy as I have suggested above, Mobbs was shit, Mooch had a 20% accuracy rate, and MrsEddieBetts was just starting her plunge into donut addiction. The OOBs were capable of fighting back, and everyone leant forward on their seats. Some fell over. Nobody asked if they were ok. They might still be there.

One minute into the final quarter, DERRINALPHIL made a statement. But nobody read it as he then ran off to kick a goal and that was more interesting. 15 points up and the Old Boys looked in trouble. They needed a spark. And the spark came in the form of harvey Manfredjensenden . Goalless to this point, the power forward notched his first for the day a minute after Phil's, and then another 4 minutes further down the track. The margin was just 2 points. If only windyhill hadn't asked @chezzalenko for a pedicure not noticing the ball was coming down their way. Fair enough for one goal, but second time round they were working on a Brazilian and the runner sprinted forth.

Now all eyes switched to the Roys, as they fought to stem the tide. That was when the future of the Roys stepped up to the plate. TheGoatBaron goaled at the 8 minute mark, to insert some breathing space. The game became a slog before Reardo broke free to add another. The defensive slog resumed until Mooch kicked one of his signature behinds, followed by a tigs2010 goal in a seven-point play. The back of the snake was broken! (and they're really long, snake backs, they go from over here to right over there).

The Roys finished the game 21 points ahead in what was an absolute corker for 3.5 quarters. Almost every team stats was matched evenly. OOBs fought it out to the last, but the lollies: they were ours. A great pressure performance with SpecialBruce landing 7 tackles and royboy2 placing 6. Only one Old Boys player managed 20 touches in a captain courageous effort. The Roys were back! (again)

Goals: Reardo 4, tigs2010 3, fitzroybowiedog , TheGoatBaron , DERRINALPHIL 2, Mooch

Returning to our winning ways, Phar Ace summed up the team's reaction accurately:
Hugging and jumping up and down

Dropped from 3rd to 7th

Was fun while it lasted…

That’s what she said….
Or, "thank god that's over" - the clue I think is in what she said.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Roys FFC S37 Community Rooms - Congrats 3KZ is Football Broken Medallist S37!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back