Official Team Thread Roys FFC S37 Community Rooms - Congrats 3KZ is Football Broken Medallist S37!

Remove this Banner Ad

23a-Anc4_flea29 Award.gif

Season 37 Flea29 Award for the Most Improved Player​

Season 37 saw new players come in and old players move out, and a jarring change of management at the BJO. As a result, opportunities arose for some players to take on additional responsibility and push their immersion to new levels.

Usually these changes would come in the form if club members who were well-involved, but seeking to take an extra step, picking up the pace after some casual growth in interest. But one Roy did not fit this second metric. Pre-season, he was floundering, and came very close to giving the league away altogether. And yet he instead threw more and more into the club, virtual body and virtual soul.

Mext moment, he's in the LG and putting his hand up regularly for more ways to contribute!

With a nod to other players we could consider for this award - including such Roys as JackNah_8 for her successful move to KPP, SpecialBruce for following up last season's return to the club with an elevation to ruck-rover, and Zevon (reasons!), we are truly joyed to announce the winner of this season’s flea29 award winner : Ed_Gein .

23c-Ed_Gein_The_Musical.jpg

Stats:
Code:
HO    K    M   HB   T   FF   FA    G    B    D   DT
 0  105   94  133  19    7   24    0    0  238  874

View attachment 2031971

Season 37 saw new players come in and old players move out, and a jarring change of management at the BJO. As a result, opportunities arose for some players to take on additional responsibility and push their immersion to new levels.

Usually these changes would come in the form if club members who were well-involved, but seeking to take an extra step, picking up the pace after some casual growth in interest. But one Roy did not fit this second metric. Pre-season, he was floundering, and came very close to giving the league away altogether. And yet he instead threw more and more into the club, virtual body and virtual soul.

Mext moment, he's in the LG and putting his hand up regularly for more ways to contribute!

With a nod to other players we could consider for this award - including such Roys as JackNah_8 for her successful move to KPP, SpecialBruce for following up last season's return to the club with an elevation to ruck-rover, and Zevon (reasons!), we are truly joyed to announce the winner of this season’s flea29 award winner : Ed_Gein .

View attachment 2031972

Stats:
Code:
Season 17 Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

24a-Anc2_GoodOlRoy_Award.gif

Season 37 Good Ol’ Roy award for My Favourite Roy.​

24c-Anc2_GoodOlRoy_Award.jpg

The Good Ol’ Roy is the award for My Favourite Martian Roy, as voted by you - The Roys. It’s the player’s player, the champion of champions, the creme de la menthe. The list of previous winners is long (36 seasons long to be accurate) and distinguished. Greats of our club such as Mobbenfuhrer, fitzroybowiedog, and .... Zevon ? Really???

This season saw some pretty stiff competition at the top and a wide spread of votes.

In the bronze medal spot…..
Mooch
What more can be said about this guy that hasn’t already? Nothing that wouldn’t be followed by a call to his lawyers, that’s for sure.

Taking out this season’s silver medal ….
Mobbs
Not only does he do all the captainy stuff well and post like a fire hose with a stuck valve, he is universally loved by all within and without the Roys

But as that bloke with the big sword once said, there can be only one ……. And his words are true tonight as they were back then. The winner of the Good Ol’ Roy award for season 37 had a huge impact both on and off the field this season with a combination of team involvement and individual brilliance, He loves a bit of sledging and has the goods to back it up.

We look forward to him terrorising defences into season 38 and beyond, where more awards will surely come his way.

I give you the season 37 Good Ol’ Roy …… TheGoatBaron!

We will take a short break and return for the culmination of proceedings with the final 4 rounds of the Broken Medal Count for Season 37!

See you in approx 10 minutes :)

muttering about difficulty finding panadol can be heard through microphone

View attachment 2031971

View attachment 2031972

Stats:
Code:
Go you good thing "Greiner"

We will take a short break and return for the culmination of proceedings with the final 4 rounds of the Broken Medal Count for Season 37!

See you in approx 10 minutes :)

muttering about difficulty finding panadol can be heard through microphone
Not if I see you first!

View attachment 2031976

View attachment 2031977

The Good Ol’ Roy is the award for My Favourite Martian Roy, as voted by you - The Roys. It’s the player’s player, the champion of champions, the creme de la menthe. The list of previous winners is long (36 seasons long to be accurate) and distinguished. Greats of our club such as Mobbenfuhrer, fitzroybowiedog, and .... Zevon ? Really???

This season saw some pretty stiff competition at the top and a wide spread of votes.

Mooch
What more can be said about this guy that hasn’t already? Nothing that wouldn’t be followed by a call to his lawyers, that’s for sure.

Mobbs
Not only does he do all the captainy stuff well and post like a fire hose with a stuck valve, he is universally loved by all within and without the Roys

But as that bloke with the big sword once said, there can be only one ……. And his words are true tonight as they were back then. The winner of the Good Ol’ Roy award for season 37 had a huge impact both on and off the field this season with a combination of team involvement and individual brilliance, He loves a bit of sledging and has the goods to back it up.

We look forward to him terrorising defences into season 38 and beyond, where more awards will surely come his way.

I used to sympathy vote for Zevon

It's little known that I actually split my top votes between him and Ted that season and Ted gave him the 10 and himself the 9 costing Ted the win*

*story largely fabricated.

It's little known that I actually split my top votes between him and Ted that season and Ted gave him the 10 and himself the 9 costing Ted the win*

There's parts of this story I don't believe.

Specifically this part:

It's a Teddy thing to do

View attachment 2031976

View attachment 2031977

Mooch

Mobbs

"It never occurred to me to wonder how I would react to an evening like this. This is what I came up with."

1719485071864.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another speech!!

Yeah Ed!
Don't wave your head in the air like you just don't care! :D
Writers block! I'm all Shakespeare'd out at the moment. But I'll try...

I will say, the artwork is fantastic...
but burying bodies is quite drastic.
So thank you for my award,
I'm glad I seem to have struck a chord

SeYcRPb.png

SeYcRPb.png
Oh to hell with "wanna be captain".
This is "wanna do next season's Broken Medal presentation" stuff!

SeYcRPb.png
Must be hard always dragging that thing across the floor

25-S37R14-headera.png

The Roys welcomed the Baghdad team to the BJO in Round 14, a round in which we hoped to commence a new streak en route to a strong finals placing. We'd enjoyed a great win the previous round and the new-look forward setup with TheGoatBaron approaching his 4th game as the primary target, seemed to be experiencing renewed vigour. Could the Roys notch two on the trot?

In a word, yes. A 10-goal opening term (7.1 before the Bombers scored) kind of finished the game early. @3ks is football was tearing up the wing, and DERRINALPHIL was giving his teammates first use of the ball with stunning regularity. It was a masterclass.

The second quarter was similar to the first, if a little more sedate. At half time the home team enjoyed an 84-point lead. SpecialBruce was again starring, and the 3 misers down the back ( Chezzalenko Reborn , Aristotle Pickett & windyhill ) had given up only 3 goals at the long break.

With the result in the bag, it became coasting time and the Bombers did outscore the Roys by a goal per term until the final siren. Pure Grunt was sublime and Roylion was very fired up after getting a run on a forward flank.

Goals: TheGoatBaron 6 , DERRINALPHIL 3 , 3KZ is Football , Pure Grunt , Reardo 2 , JackNah_8 , Roylion , tigs2010 , Mooch , SpecialBruce , Mobbs

The shock revelation of the game was 3KZ letting slip that he'd been a guest of the Abdu Prison's penal system right up until matchday!
That might have been my breakout game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back