Official Team Thread Roys FFC Season 32 Community Rooms - Broken Medal Count tonight ! šŸ¾

Remove this Banner Ad

I fell asleep on lap 48, Iā€™ve been dodging spoilers all day šŸ˜…šŸ˜…šŸ¤­

I dozed off and woke up for the final lap - so I knew the result - but not WTF had actually happened.

no way I would have celebrated winning like that...

This is worth posting here

To provide some context, I outscored all BP's, FB's, CHB's, FP's and all but 2 CHF's (I think) from the bench across the season... I outscored the next best INT by nearly 250DT points and roughly 50% by DT score.
^Those stats are epic

Piss taking aside we had a very active LG pm this season with 60 pages of discussion, plenty of debate, agreeing, disagreeing, mulling, planning and working together to keep things nice and smooth. Good clubs donā€™t run themselves but really good clubs make it look easy from the outside so that everyone can just get on with playing and having fun. Itā€™s been a very active and engaging season in match threads, LG pm, team pm and team thread.

Congrats TedDougChris on a great season as captain and elite bench player.

04416329-F253-4249-BC08-4814263F5BA0.jpeg

I dozed off and woke up for the final lap - so I knew the result - but not WTF had actually happened.

no way I would have celebrated winning like that...
He was celebrating a world championship šŸ˜‚ no way he wasnā€™t celebrating that no matter what the circumstances are in the last lap of the season. Wouldā€™ve won on countback if theyā€™d drawn too, he was ahead on that basis going into this race, worked for it the whole way.

Mercedes also ****ed their strategy three times, firstly pitting early when Max did after the first stint, instead of using the advantage they had having started on mediums when Max had to use softs due to locking up and flat spotting his mediums in Q2. Then twice there were safety cars and he didnā€™t pit even though he had brand new spare tyres. Theyā€™re so reactive and conservative, not running their own race despite having the faster car.

The back markers are supposed to unlap themselves under safety car conditions, itā€™s in the rules that way and is consistently observed. Was weird when they said they werenā€™t going to, as that would have decided the race on an officialā€™s dodgy decision instead of letting them race. Was weird to overturn it as well though. Just strange. Theyā€™ve been making strange decisions for a while now.

I wonder how it wouldā€™ve turned out if they were actually just following the procedures as writtenā€¦

He was celebrating a world championship šŸ˜‚ no way he wasnā€™t celebrating that no matter what the circumstances are in the last lap of the season. Wouldā€™ve won on countback if theyā€™d drawn too, he was ahead on that basis going into this race, worked for it the whole way.

Mercedes also fā€™ed their strategy three times, firstly pitting early when Max did after the first stint, instead of using the advantage they had having started on mediums when Max had to use softs due to locking up and flat spotting his mediums in Q2. Then twice there were safety cars and he didnā€™t pit even though he had brand new spare tyres. Theyā€™re so reactive and conservative, not running their own race despite having the faster car.

The back markers are supposed to unlap themselves under safety car conditions, itā€™s in the rules that way and is consistently observed. Was weird when they said they werenā€™t going to, as that would have decided the race on an officialā€™s dodgy decision instead of letting them race. Was weird to overturn it as well though. Just strange. Theyā€™ve been making strange decisions for a while now.

I wonder how it wouldā€™ve turned out if they were actually just following the procedures as writtenā€¦
I started dozing off towards the end and said ā€˜meh Lewis has got this, goodnightā€™
Lucky I kept one eye open and jumped up to watch the end. Stayed up till 3 - 4 am watching and reading the melts on twitter.

This is worth posting here

^Those stats are epic

Piss taking aside we had a very active LG pm this season with 60 pages of discussion, plenty of debate, agreeing, disagreeing, mulling, planning and working together to keep things nice and smooth. Good clubs donā€™t run themselves but really good clubs make it look easy from the outside so that everyone can just get on with playing and having fun. Itā€™s been a very active and engaging season in match threads, LG pm, team pm and team thread.

Congrats TedDougChris on a great season as captain and elite bench player.

View attachment 1296854
Supersuns Mooch we finally churned out a semi decent TDC bot.

I started dozing off towards the end and said ā€˜meh Lewis has got this, goodnightā€™
Lucky I kept one eye open and jumped up to watch the end. Stayed up till 3 - 4 am watching and reading the melts on twitter.
I wouldā€™ve been fine with Lewis winning too, was pretty much both are worthy winners and whoever won deserved it. Reckon Mercedes threw it away in the end though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is me right didn't

Nah donā€™t be sad, heaps of well deserving people miss out every season. Unfortunately getting 5 in is super hard and a bit of a lottery what the committee and admin will agree on in the end. Missing out doesn't mean you didn't make it, it just means some other bum sat in your seat!

This is me right now!

Nah donā€™t be sad, heaps of well deserving people miss out every season. Unfortunately getting 5 in is super hard and a bit of a lottery what the committee and admin will agree on in the end. Missing out doesn't mean you didn't make it, it just means some other bum sat in your seat!
Yeah this. Certainly a few of us have missed out in the past when we thought we deserved a spot. You've had a great season and we all recognise it.

I knew Max had won as my ex goes Max will win from here and I believed in that piece of information.
I had a feeling about it that I didnā€™t quite trust until it was doneā€¦ they wanted it bad enough to try whatever they had to, and shout out to Perez for his part as well. Poor bugger DNFd after all that.

Whatā€™s everyone up to for the remainder of the night?

Me - just lying here with nothing to do. Though donā€™t really careā€¦

Sorry I'm late. Anti-Vaxxer Freedom protestors stole my pants

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Roys FFC Season 32 Community Rooms - Broken Medal Count tonight ! šŸ¾

Remove this Banner Ad

Back