Rucci writes for the Melbourne Herald Sun?

Remove this Banner Ad

i cant believe he doesnt even see how unprofessional he is

im almost embarassed for him writing all these digs at the crows

i mean whats he trying to do.. brainwash the south australian population so port can be the number 1 team in town

haha keep living in ur fantasy world rucci, ur team will always be living in the shadows in this state

Wow, if there was audio I could imagine the swish of him waving the Port Adelaide pom poms. ;)

Kinda sad his articles will appear in Melbourne now, he is going to brainwash those of low IQ making them think that is the truth, ie Collingwood supporters. :p

James23 said:
i cant believe he doesnt even see how unprofessional he is

im almost embarassed for him writing all these digs at the crows

i mean whats he trying to do.. brainwash the south australian population so port can be the number 1 team in town

haha keep living in ur fantasy world rucci, ur team will always be living in the shadows in this state

Problem is he now has a new market of 4.5 million people to spread his propaganda towards.

It is very unprofessional, it would be like me writing articles about Carlton, would be nothing nice at all in them.

Tas said:
Problem is he now has a new market of 4.5 million people to spread his propaganda towards.

It is very unprofessional, it would be like me writing articles about Carlton, would be nothing nice at all in them.
It doesnt take long for people to realise what a fool this guy is, you just need to hear him on the radio to understand that the guy has issues. The Adelaide Footy club and rucci have a long history of disagreement; and rucci is a Port Magpies member, so you have to be amazed at the fact he can write at all :)

Compare and contrast:

Rucci said:
So where was Adelaide in 2006? And where does it go now?

"We have advanced as a football club," Craig said.

Indeed, Adelaide has. It developed a ruckman for the future in 20-year-old former basketballer Ivan Maric. It found, again through the rookie list, a promising midfielder/forward in Jason Porplyzia.

But many -- but not Craig -- argue the clock is ticking against the Crows.

I like how he begrudgingly mentions Maric and Porplyzia, a pair who've shown some pleasing signs but aren't thought to have as much upside as Van Berlo, Knights, Douglas and Meesen, who aren't mentioned at all... after all, the clock is ticking!!!

Rucci said:
At Alberton this week, when Williams has busily plotted Part Two of his grand rebuilding plan, someone asked: "Who are the best three players at this club still to play their 50th AFL games?"

The argument is still raging. Midfielder Danyle Pearce is a unanimous choice, as acknowledged by his triumph in the NAB Rising Star Award. And then?

Key defender Troy Chaplin. Running defenders Brad Symes and Jacob Surjan, fellow Rising Star nominees. Midfielder Adam Thomson.

There is a hint in Greg Bentley. Who knows what can be made of the strapping body Ryan Willits carries. And Williams did not give Josh Carr's No. 9 guernsey to James Ezard for no reason. Michael Pettigrew, if Port can work out where he is best placed - perhaps on a wing?

The plan has plenty of upside.

Conversely, it seems every Port Adelaide player under the age of 22 is a guaranteed gun primed to fire - especially that James Ezard, he wears #9!

wishiwas said:
i think the herald sun is part of news ltd, along with the advertiser. (i could be mistaken) his articles have been in it all year.

Yes, all the Murdoch tabloids share articles, it's not unusual at all so see Rucci, Capel, whoever else in the Hun. But this article can't be found on the Tiser's website, which is sort of interesting. Doesn't that ironically lend credence to Rucci's theory that the Crows are a protected species in the eyes of the Adelaide media? :p

what is with this bloke, I heared him on 6PR (perth radio) a few months ago laying the boot into the crows and how they had proved nothing and will fail in the finals (this was the week of the West Coast game)

any way, this is part i like most

Why the Crows once again choked in September is not difficult to assess. Their midfield is not quick enough, hard enough or flexible. Their attack is not blessed with a genuine key forward, and the loss of Trent Hentschel, with a knee injury that will keep him out until 2008, hurt

this bloke has got to be kidding.

SpringChoke said:
I don't have a problem with Rucci overrating Port. He did the same thing at the end of 2004 "start of a dynasty" and "Port have a plan to be a genuine pemiership threat for thje next 5 years" - look what happened there.:thumbsu:
That would have to be one of the most ludicrous misjudgements in recent football history (along with "the Crows are unbeatable" :eek: ) made by Rucci - and some others. Blind Freddy could have seen that Port were, after 4 years at or near the top of the ladder and with an ageing "best 22", due for a slide at the very least - certainly not a "dynasty". Port were then in pretty much the same position Adelaide is in now - and yet while in 2004 Port were ready to "be a threat for the next 5 years", Adelaide is looking at a rapidly closing window of opportunity. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mike Rucci said:
"We set ourselves to play in a Grand Final, and we weren't good enough to do that," said Craig, whose Crows have a 2-3 win-loss record in finals to contradict the 33-9 home-and-away count in 2005 and '06.

maybe some research first mikey....

our record is 33-11 :rolleyes:

Rucci is a dismal little twirp.

His unprofessional anti-Crow tirades are obvious and tiresome and quite frankly becoming more laughable by the minute. His latest anti-Crow bash is merely a rehash of every tired old cliche he's written over the last year or so.

And like someone said previously, you'd think we'd finished bottom and Port had won the flag or something.

Trust me, if we'd won the flag, he'd still find something negative to say.

Captain Wacky said:
Yes, all the Murdoch tabloids share articles, it's not unusual at all so see Rucci, Capel, whoever else in the Hun. But this article can't be found on the Tiser's website, which is sort of interesting. Doesn't that ironically lend credence to Rucci's theory that the Crows are a protected species in the eyes of the Adelaide media? :p

That makes no sense at all.

This is Rucci's own article that he hasn't got the guts to put in the paper in his own state, because he knows that far more intelligent people than him will tear him to strips for writing such unprofessional and unwarranted venemous criticism of the Crows. It's nothing but a snipe and you know it.

So Rucci writes an article for an interstate paper, doesn't have the courage to have his trash printed in the local paper, and THAT supports Rucci's theory that the Crows are a protected species??

Think about it. Think about it. :rolleyes:

wishiwas said:
i think the herald sun is part of news ltd, along with the advertiser. (i could be mistaken) his articles have been in it all year.

Ahh, I don't really read the Sun all that often, never seen one of his articles before.

Herald Sun is known for being the Herald Essendon/Collingwood Sun, most other clubs get about as much exposure as interstate sides. :p

macca23 said:
That makes no sense at all.

This is Rucci's own article that he hasn't got the guts to put in the paper in his own state

Er, you don't know that he wrote it especially for the Herald Sun. It's far more likely that it was rejected for publication by the Advertiser then picked up by the Hun to take up some space.

Captain Wacky said:
Er, you don't know that he wrote it especially for the Herald Sun. It's far more likely that it was rejected for publication by the Advertiser then picked up by the Hun to take up some space.

Oh dear you really do live in fantasy land dont you? :eek:

I like how Rucci hides his lack of genuine sources and contacts by saying stuff like

'Many believe'
'It is thought'
'There is a widely held perception'
'Some say'

When all of those beliefs/thoughts/perceptions/sayings are purely his own...

Pathetic scrag of a journalist. An embarrassment. It is 'TELLING' (as he loves to say) that everyone in the industry hates him.

So what sort of DVD's did you Crows supporters get while West Coast were winning the Premiership? I bet thats what your problem is Rucci was right!

lost_20 said:
So what sort of DVD's did you Crows supporters get while West Coast were winning the Premiership? I bet thats what your problem is Rucci was right!
"I will register on BigFooty so that I can make my first post about the Crows. I am a typical obsessed loser Port Adelaide supporter."

No Honey, I'm just sick of you crows supporters and your constant need to whinge & carry on like cry babies! you guys love putting us down but when someone like Rucci comes along and stick up for us you can't handle it! What are you gonna do? Smash my car like a couple of your supporters did to his?

lost_20 said:
No Honey, I'm just sick of you crows supporters and your constant need to whinge & carry on like cry babies! you guys love putting us down but when someone like Rucci comes along and stick up for us you can't handle it! What are you gonna do? Smash my car like a couple of your supporters did to his?

Wait.

If Rucci is "sticking up for [you]" rather than being a professional journalist, isn't that the point?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rucci writes for the Melbourne Herald Sun?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back