Rucci writes for the Melbourne Herald Sun?

Remove this Banner Ad

**** said:
Not at all. I just asked a question. :D

Your response what a bit defensive though, don't you think?

I am in enemy territory! Think I will go back to Glenferrie. I think L. Angwin is coming around to tell us his best 10 hits at the Adelaide Football Club. Seeya girls

bighawk1961 said:
I am in enemy territory!

Yeah I know. But I wasn't hostile towards you. I asked a simple question as to why every post of yours concern one team only, a team that you don't even support. It's a legitimate question. I'm curious is all. No need to run away.

bighawk1961 said:
I am in enemy territory! Think I will go back to Glenferrie. I think L. Angwin is coming around to tell us his best 10 hits at the Adelaide Football Club. Seeya girls
This is another Rooch in disguise...look at his posts....he will go and up will pop Escude or Total Power...Keep stirring Rooch but don't stir too much or thr ground will suck you in over your head!

lost_20 said:
No Honey, I'm just sick of you crows supporters and your constant need to whinge & carry on like cry babies! you guys love putting us down but when someone like Rucci comes along and stick up for us you can't handle it! What are you gonna do? Smash my car like a couple of your supporters did to his?

you have a car? does mum/neighbour/blind granny/juveinile offenders officer know you've taken it?

Captain Wacky said:
And you have no proof that it was written especially for the Herald Sun. It was just published in the Herald Sun.

this is just low grade analysis.

the news ltd syndicates articles, if it weren't written purely for the herald sun it would be published here.

He's the chief football writer for the Advertiser, yes. Two things:

- He is not the sports editor for the Advertiser.

- He is not the chief football writer for the Herald Sun.

I guess you can't see how irrelevant your points are.

Also, I love your implication that Rucci would be somehow unwilling to publish a story like that in the Advertiser... as if he's ever been reticent to piss off Crows supporters!

are you confusing yourself. he writes an article for the herald sun, which won't be published locally. are you suggesting he is unaware of this while writing his copy. oh dear.

I'm afraid it's plain common sense. The story was not in the Advertiser due to an editorial decision.

err, what's common sense to you, is utterly ludicrous to others.

the article is either syndicated or it's written to spec - quite bloody obviously. If you genuinely believe this article has been 'rejected' and recycled, well, I guess that tells us plenty about you.

Mad Dog said:
Here's a tip

....if you're going to join an internet forum - register that you support one club......then troll the Board of another club for a grand total of 2 pathetic posts in 3 days...........do it somewhere else...;)

just ban him. why waste time.

and you wonder why i have not brought this junk since 03 when for 3 years straight power stuffed up in finals and his articles on them were all praise and positive for 04

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne's-World said:
Frankly I couldn't see anything wrong with the article ...I'm sure there are many many supporters of the other 15 AFL clubs who would concur with Rucci's views

i agree .. some times he gives articles about the Power i shake my head about ..but i go ... o well and then move on .. it seams here there is some crow supporters dont like any one showing negetive things about their team .. (and they think all those in south australia should blindly supprt the crows).
if you dont like what Rucci writes then either kick a wall or apply for a job and write something better

i think if you dont like what he writes then i will pass you some tissues

REALISM is always in short supply whenever it comes to anything attached to the Adelaide Football Club. Coach Neil Craig is quick to note this, saying his Crows live in an AFL "full of myth".
Craig says the AFL is full of myth, but he uses a generalisation to describe us?

In the space of nine weeks Craig's Crows fell from lauded champs to lame chumps. As Kangaroos coach Dean Laidley put it after a 72-point drubbing in Round 16, the Crows were in "another stratosphere" to the rest of the competition.
Its really Lame to lose to the premiers in the dying seconds with 6 players missing.

They were immediately hailed at home as the greatest Adelaide team. They were floating on rarified air.

And then the sky collapsed with the Crows missing another Grand Final.
13 other clubs missed another grand final.:rolleyes:

They entered their home preliminary final against West Coast saying they had no excuse to fail and could not have had a better preparation.
:rolleyes:

Unbeatable one minute. Dismissed as a team that had missed its chance and will have to wait many years for the next.
WE heard that after 04 and we got a better list than then,more experienced coach,mean reputation, un matchable away record except to West Coast.Much better Morale.

Capturing the fascination of the land with science and that over-played July-August training program, the Crows were unable to claim the advantage of a week's break before the preliminary final.
Well that break is not exactly unbackable against,the Premiers last year won away after no break just like West Coast.
Ultimately they may have paid the price for a heavier pre-season that meant the Crows peaked far too early.

Over run the rampant Freo in the second half of the final,came hard very late against West Coast,had full on injuries all year that peaked at the time Rucci alludes to us as suffering from peaking to early.A fair few injuries were not soft tissue either.

So where was Adelaide in 2006? ?
10 points of a GF and possibly 1 kid without Parvo meeting our captain.and hentshell being lazy against Port.

"We have advanced as a football club," Craig said.

Indeed, Adelaide has. It developed a ruckman for the future in 20-year-old former basketballer Ivan Maric. It found, again through the rookie list, a promising midfielder/forward in Jason Porplyzia.
Mattner is a high poller at Brownlow,Bock is becoming a Power kpp,VB is learning big time,Rielly is developing into a multi dimensional Midfielder,found Stevens a spot after years of trying, Introduced Knights,Douglas and Vince
to the league and Johncock is becoming an elite defender.

But many -- but not Craig -- argue the clock is ticking against the Crows.
Well if they base it on the writing style of Rucci.:rolleyes:

"We set ourselves to play in a Grand Final, and we weren't good enough to do that," said Craig, whose Crows have a 2-3 win-loss record in finals to contradict the 33-9 home-and-away count in 2005 and '06.

Its fair to say if we had said we just wanted to play finals Rucci would put some spin on us being defeatest or not thinking we are good enough and thats why we lost a pre lim by 10 points.:rolleyes:

Why the Crows once again choked in September is not difficult to assess. Their midfield is not quick enough, hard enough or flexible. Their attack is not blessed with a genuine key forward, and the loss of Trent Hentschel, with a knee injury that will keep him out until 2008, hurt.
We had a far superior % than anyone as a rssult of the number 2 ranked defence and forward line,the balls gotta get between the two somehow and both need midfield help at stoppages.Has West Coast got a geniune key forward?
This choking thing shows the lack of knowlage of anyone who uses it to describe our season.

The promise of developing a deeper list at Adelaide may be hard to fulfil, especially when retirement looms for the club's on-field heartbeat.
In 1 season we went from the worst list to two pre lims in a row that were lost by a combined total of 27 points, his beloved Port went from the best list to rebuilding some 30 games later.:rolleyes:

Captain Mark Ricciuto, Simon Goodwin, Tyson Edwards and Andrew McLeod will all be in the 30-plus club in 2007.
True but they aint relied on like other clubs veterans,take a look at the Bullies there 4 senior players get full on roles each week,ours dont

Many will now argue the window of opportunity for the Crows has shut. Adelaide correctly argues it cannot trade its way to keeping the window ajar. So it must draft wisely and develop players at record pace.

This post has left me speechless, the guy has no credibilty concerning us,he knows where we are going he must.:confused:

bighawk is proof of what I was talking about. We're too soft on this board.

Why is bighawk not banned already?

just maybe said:
bighawk is proof of what I was talking about. We're too soft on this board.

Why is bighawk not banned already?

I'll second that. Bighawk is a right, royal, ****-stirring tosser. Adds no value to any threads that I've read.

MD...press delete, bigfella.

Mad Dog, he has 22 of 24 posts on this board, and 24 of 24 relating to Adelaide - bagging us.

He has had well enough to show himself.

Why is he not banned?

Port_shadow11 said:
i agree .. some times he gives articles about the Power i shake my head about ..but i go ... o well and then move on .. it seams here there is some crow supporters dont like any one showing negetive things about their team .. (and they think all those in south australia should blindly supprt the crows).
if you dont like what Rucci writes then either kick a wall or apply for a job and write something better

And you think Port supporters handle negativety better? I bet you that if the shoe was on the other foot and a Crow supporter journalist slagged Port ever chance he possibly could that your supporters would burn the Advertiser building down. Please dont come accross as "We can accept critisim" when ever Ive stated a fact to a Port Supporter about their club they look like they want to kill you then run off in a hissy fit. Its all one way traffic with Port Supporters .

Port_shadow11 said:

hmmm seems like a certain article from Ashley Porter about their (port's) first 10 years in the AFL got them (Port supporters) pretty irate. So dont generalise things, there isnt an anti port troll in the media so dont speculature about what Port supporters would or wouldnt do in our place.

The funny thing is - my job here in NYC is in the entertainment industry, and there are bunches of internet forums where audience members and fans post about the shows that are getting created.

And I'm sure these folks post there thinking that no-one in their right mind who is associated with the shows would ever read these boards, and yet the reality is these forums are read OBSESSIVELY by the show creators, and most people have anonymous pseudonyms where they post/shill about what they're doing.

My point is - there is NO chance in the world that Rucci is not reading this board twice daily, and grinning like a clown about all the ruckus he causes.

Kristof said:
My point is - there is NO chance in the world that Rucci is not reading this board twice daily, and grinning like a clown about all the ruckus he causes.

That's a given!! He openly admits it and constantly refers to this board in his weekly Rucci's Roast in the 'tiser.

And yes, he loves all the attention!!

relapse said:
hmmm seems like a certain article from Ashley Porter about their (port's) first 10 years in the AFL got them (Port supporters) pretty irate. So dont generalise things, there isnt an anti port troll in the media so dont speculature about what Port supporters would or wouldnt do in our place.

so it was probably viewed by some Port supporterrs as a bad article .. we dont posts lots of " anti Ashley Porter Posts" we dont have lots of anti - Ashley Porter threads" like a portion of crow supporters have made towards Rucci

Remove this Banner Ad

Rucci writes for the Melbourne Herald Sun?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back