Rumour Rumour File 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guys settle down.... If the situation at our Club was remotely as bad as that fat ranga from WA is eluding, wouldn't you think the big boys in the media here in the big smoke would be all over it ?.... I mean, not even the serial Carlton bashers in Caro, Fatprick and Robbo havent said anything, and they'd be LOVING every minute of this if it were true...

Guys settle down.... If the situation at our Club was remotely as bad as that fat ranga from WA is eluding, wouldn't you think the big boys in the media here in the big smoke would be all over it ?.... I mean, not even the serial Carlton bashers in Caro, Fatprick and Robbo havent said anything, and they'd be LOVING every minute of this if it were true...

As much as I think Ratten won't be around for much longer I agree with this.

He has a contract.

If Carlton don't finish top 6 or are not looking like finishing top 6 then he will be gone.

Not before that.

Players shouldn't decide who coaches the club they play and do what the coach says.....simple as that.

It is up to Swann and Kernahan to decide whether the coach they have is working or not

How much inside mail do you reckon Brad Hardie actually gets regarding the Blues? Did he break the story of Carlton looking at Alan Richardson???? Guy just read BF to get his stories, same as most "journos" out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Sheehan (Herald Sun) was the one on 6PR who said that 10 senior players asked to be traded... He was on Hardies show ...They then repeated it the following night . Hardie also anounced 10 weeks ago that Ratts would not be coaching the Blues next year . The truth is 5 players have asked to be traded , the only 2 worth keeping are Grigg and Jacobs ... The rest including Walker have attracted very little interest...

Tony Sheehan (Herald Sun) was the one on 6PR who said that 10 senior players asked to be traded... He was on Hardies show ...They then repeated it the following night . Hardie also anounced 10 weeks ago that Ratts would not be coaching the Blues next year . The truth is 5 players have asked to be traded , the only 2 worth keeping are Grigg and Jacobs ... The rest including Walker have attracted very little interest...

I think Walker has attracted little interest because he is contracted and clubs don't want to overpay. So I'm assuming the 5 that asked for a trade were Grigg, Jacobs, Walker, Thornton and Setanta?

I think Walker has attracted little interest because he is contracted and clubs don't want to overpay. So I'm assuming the 5 that asked for a trade were Grigg, Jacobs, Walker, Thornton and Setanta?

Grigg and Jacobs have obviously asked to be traded.

Walker I'm not so sure on. Did other clubs start showing interest in him or did he want to go somewhere else? I'm thinking it's the latter

Thornton is out of favour with the club and wants to continue his career elsewhere. Seemingly, Carlton are trying to help him out with the process.

Setanta seems to have gained attention from other clubs. But I'm not so sure on this either. I would think that is the case though

This is just what I have gathered after reading various posts, articles, etc.

Had a discussion with my cousin whose been organising a family reunion towards Christmas. Former Carlton player with Sticks and Ratts, still very much close to them.

He believes that Walker isn't going anywhere. The Power would like to add him but they have nothing that is equitable in return that they're willing to give up. As many have said it's that he's contracted and Carlton don't want to lose him.

He's expecting Carlton to trade Grigg to Richmond for Thursfield and pick #63. Says it's a buyers market with Grigg because he made his intentions clear.

He believes what the consensus here is in regards to Setanta. He's headed to Sydney for Bevan but expecting a slight upgrade in picks, probably #56 to Carlton, #70 to Sydney. Negligible.

They're struggling to find a suitor for T-Bird. North Melbourne had made an enquiry and it looks like he may have been part of a 3-team trade involving Melbourne and David Hale. However, that has been muted with Hawthorn's pick trumping Melbourne's.

He estimates Jacobs will finally go to the Crows with our third round pick for their second round pick AND a player of note, probably Shaun McKernan. Thinks we're getting burnt on the trade.

He suggests that the best possible result at this point with who is out on the market would be to trade for picks or upgrade our picks and save our dosh for twelve months from now. He loves the draft this year - says that while there isn't a lot of superstars out there there is going to be good second or third tier players who will surprise.

Nothing new, I'm sorry.

Greg Denham
The first shock of trade week could take place between Carlton and Port Adelaide, with Blues utility Andrew Walker heading to South Australia.

While Port Adelaide unsuccessfully attempted to trade enigmatic contracted forward Daniel Motlop to Carlton, or to anyone for that matter, it is understood to be considering handing the Blues its first national draft selection, pick 16, which Carlton would certainly accept.

The Blues also moved a little closer to dealing with Richmond over midfielder Shaun Grigg, who wants to go to Punt Road.

After failing to convince Grigg to stay, Carlton has requested that a senior Richmond player be involved in the potential trade.
Greg Denham

Interesting. I think that I'd be pretty satisfied if we could walk away with the following given that scenario;

To Port: Andrew Walker
To Carlton: #16

To Hawthorn: Bret Thornton + #53
To Carlton: #37

To Adelaide: Sam Jacobs
To Carlton: #34 + Ryan Gamble (somehow)

To Richmond: Shaun Grigg + #37
To Carlton: Will Thursfield + #29

To Sydney: Setanta O'hAilpin
To Carlton: Paul Bevan

Out: Jacobs, Walker, Grigg, Thornton, O'hAilpin, Wiggins, (Fisher), (Tiller), (O'Keeffe), (somebody else).
In: (Garlett #70), (Ellard #87), Thursfield, Gamble, Bevan, #16, #18, #29, #34, #36

Five players in the top 36, a key defender, a veteran mid sized player in Bevan, Geelong's VFL's best and fairest (Gamble), and the listing of Garlett and Ellard on our list. Not too shabby at all.

As far as who I'd draft with those picks (in order) - Lucas Cook (All-Australian 196cm versatile forward from North Ballarat, his uncle played for the Dogs, is it James Cook's nephew? If not whose?), Josh Caddy (tough inside mid who can play forward, 186cm, grandfather played for the Roos from the Northern Knights), Josh Green (inside midfielder who can swing forward, 179cm from Tasmania, ranga, compares himself to Murph), Reece Conca (182cm who can play all over the ground from Perth) and Luke Mitchell (196cm, 96kg from Calder Cannons, key position forward can play backline)

Interesting. I think that I'd be pretty satisfied if we could walk away with the following given that scenario;

To Port: Andrew Walker
To Carlton: #16

To Hawthorn: Bret Thornton + #53
To Carlton: #37

To Adelaide: Sam Jacobs
To Carlton: #34 + Ryan Gamble (somehow)

To Richmond: Shaun Grigg + #37
To Carlton: Will Thursfield + #29

To Sydney: Setanta O'hAilpin
To Carlton: Paul Bevan

Out: Jacobs, Walker, Grigg, Thornton, O'hAilpin, Wiggins, (Fisher), (Tiller), (O'Keeffe), (somebody else).
In: (Garlett #70), (Ellard #87), Thursfield, Gamble, Bevan, #16, #18, #29, #34, #36

Five players in the top 36, a key defender, a veteran mid sized player in Bevan, Geelong's VFL's best and fairest (Gamble), and the listing of Garlett and Ellard on our list. Not too shabby at all.

As far as who I'd draft with those picks (in order) - Lucas Cook (All-Australian 196cm versatile forward from North Ballarat, his uncle played for the Dogs, is it James Cook's nephew? If not whose?), Josh Caddy (tough inside mid who can play forward, 186cm, grandfather played for the Roos from the Northern Knights), Josh Green (inside midfielder who can swing forward, 179cm from Tasmania, ranga, compares himself to Murph), Reece Conca (182cm who can play all over the ground from Perth) and Luke Mitchell (196cm, 96kg from Calder Cannons, key position forward can play backline)

Mate... if we could pull off that trading, I will personally send half my wine collection to Swanny... that is would be some awesome trading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back