Rumour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Adelaide are keen on trading pick 40 for angus graham and pick 50, do u thin that they could be interested in wood for the same price? Could then maybe package picks 39 and 40 for pick 30ish and then use 21 on hickey if we r interested? Could leave us with pick 17, 18, 30ish and 45 whilst gaining hickey and dropping wood?

Worth a shot.
I know Wood is terrible but Graham is even worse. Can't believe the Crows would even contemplate pickming him up.

Anything is possiblw when it comes to trading with the Crows lately.

If the Crows end up agreeing to swap Tippett for White & 22 and trade for Graham even though he was in line to be axed they could end up going backwards in a massive way.

This is what they could end up finishing with:

In: Graham (Tigers would have delisted anyway), J.White (swans would have delisted), pick 22
Out: Tippett, Knights, compo for Knights
That's on top of losing: Maric, Bock, P.Davis, Mattner, Gunstan for no more than 2nd round picks.

Man I know who the Pies will be circling next FA/Trade period

If we get hickey then wood is gone, can't have 5 ruckmen on ur list (plus gault lynch richmond).

Hickey will be an upgrade on wood, and could be a good long term prospect so he would be good to get. Ruckmen have huge trade value so we could sell one of either hickey witts ceglar in a few years and make a huge profit in a trade (assuming we get the 3 and dont have room for em all). The only problem i have is pick 20 sounds like a bit much... Maybe hine isn't keen on the players left at 20.

To be fair I would say we would really break even given that we parted with pick#14 for Wood and depending on value at the time we would lose.

We tend to turn a blind eye to the errors we made in the past.

Gold Coast need to slash their list numbers and that proposal would increase them by 2 and not in a good way (especially the picks 39 and 45 part), so that's massively unlikely to happen.

they need to draft a minimum of 3 kids, and probably 4. There top 3 picks are 25, 44 and 60 something. From this trade that would become 20, 39, 44 and 45, so the kids that they MUST draft are comming from a much better draft position, and if they want to pick up a 4th kid then pick 45 is there as a backup (if someone slides).

Here's some better pics

images
images

If we get hickey then wood is gone, can't have 5 ruckmen on ur list (plus gault lynch richmond).

Hickey will be an upgrade on wood, and could be a good long term prospect so he would be good to get. Ruckmen have huge trade value so we could sell one of either hickey witts ceglar in a few years and make a huge profit in a trade (assuming we get the 3 and dont have room for em all). The only problem i have is pick 20 sounds like a bit much... Maybe hine isn't keen on the players left at 20.

Of course it is JUST a rumour so it could be entirely not true.
If we could get for him cheap i'd be very happy

Potentially Pick 20, Josh thomas, 39 and 45 for Hickey and pick 25

GC get pick 20, JT, 39, and 45 (which they could use to ontrade for mature bodies or use in the draft).

We get Hickey and 25.

Currently the GC's top 2 picks are 25 and 44, and as they need to take at least 3 kids giving em picks 20 39 and 45 would leave them in a far better position to draft.

Pick 25 isn't much worse for us than 20 39 and 45 because we probably wont even get to use pick 39 and 45, and we downgrade pick 20 only 5 spots. Does this sound like a good trade for both parties?

Werll IF we get Hicky Wood is Defintally GAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This free agency/ trade period for Collingwood has been like plonking 1K on 10 at the roulette table and coming up trumps.

Trading pick 20 for Hickey is like plonking 20k of your winnings on 10 again.

Yes we still come out in a strong position, but why would you tempt fate when we already have two players in a similar boat??? Just walk away guys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted way back mid year that I would have some interest in acquiring Jordan Russell.

I remember his 2010 was super. He was incredibly clean coming off half back, could defend as he built his body up and he possessed great pace and rebound ability. Was actually pin point taking all of Carlton's kick-ins too, despite how maligned his footwork has been over the journey.

He would definitely be worth a look at 25 years of age.

He just fell out of favour at Carlton. IMO he was a best 22 player for them but someone obviously had it in for him.

Not to mention he woul be 100x better than Simon Buckley and I'd feel much more comfortable with him playing in the side than Buckley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back