Rumour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Geoff Walsh just ruled out any move for Tom Hickey.

Very happy.

Though he said we won't rule out anymore Trades. Basically said Hine will do a Re-Think and go into the Last Week of Trade Period from there

I think the club has positioned itself accordingly with our TPP.

There's no need to waste more $$$ on Hickey when we will have Daisy Thomas coming out of contract at the end of next season.

It's been great list management overall by Walsh and the boys.

any player who is delisted immediately comes with an asterix next to their head. If he is so incredibly clean and good at shutdown defending, why has he been delisted? (not even worth trading)

I agree, Leigh Brown was a spud as well and offered no value.

Would be up for taking Russell in the PSD, no question.

Also prefer taking Currie in the ND over chasing Hickey. Currie fits the demographic better, and we/I have been keen on him for a few years now. Would also be cheaper in both salary and trade/pick value.

Also prefer taking Currie in the ND over chasing Hickey. Currie fits the demographic better, and we/I have been keen on him for a few years now. Would also be cheaper in both salary and trade/pick value.

Russell? Could do worse. Decent kick, is he not? One of our weaker points. I've seen him pay some good footy, although I haven't seen him recently and don't know why he's fallen off the landscape.
Currie? As per TRS. Don't need to spend lots of money or picks on this area unless we get an ideal player, and I don't think another young, developing ruck is ideal. We need one or two players that can play ruck and get Jolly some rest next year. If we're not giving Wood any more time, then a Currie might be worth a shot. [With the rule change, Ceglar might be able to do this in tandem with another player at least a few times as he has a good leap].

Agree with this as well. Russell would be worth a punt IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we took Russell wouldn't it be as a FA delisted. Have I got it right that once the culls happen (b4 trade week finishes) any player who was on an AFL list & is delisted is availble as an FA?

Or should i prepare the guest room for Mr **** Up?

Don't think we'll be trading for any players, we have got who we wanted. Walshy did say that we could trade draft picks for draft picks.

For only to go up doubt we would go down

If we took Russell wouldn't it be as a FA delisted. Have I got it right that once the culls happen (b4 trade week finishes) any player who was on an AFL list & is delisted is availble as an FA?

Or should i prepare the guest room for Mr **** Up?

Free agents like Russell, Thornton and Salopek can still join a club without nominating for the NAB AFL Draft after November 1 when delisted players are free to sign with any club, but compensation will not be awarded for players signed in this manner.

You are correct.

From November 1 onwards, any delisted player is free to sign with any club as a free agent without nominating for the draft.

So the club will weigh up whether someone like a Jordan Russell, is worth the punt. IMO, he would be a decent pick up and a huge upgrade on Simon Buckley.

You are correct.

From November 1 onwards, any delisted player is free to sign with any club as a free agent without nominating for the draft.

So the club will weigh up whether someone like a Jordan Russell, is worth the punt. IMO, he would be a decent pick up and a huge upgrade on Simon Buckley.
Thanks DT13, which gets me to my second point. Does this now make the PSD redundant?

Purely a rookie as best case scenario, surely. I know he's a big kick, but all sorts of blegggh. Has the stink of S Buckley about him albeit with more defensive pressurre.

as previouslly said, just because it worked once doesn't mean it will often work. Brown was the 1 in a hundred fluke

Jordan Russell was second in a B&F for Carlton when they actually played some finals a couple years back.

Thats impressive for a 26 year old kid who fell out of favor and was definitely in their best 22.

If he doesn't find a club next season, be it Collingwood or not, then their is something wrong.

Jordan Russell was second in a B&F for Carlton when they actually played some finals a couple years back.

Thats impressive for a 26 year old kid who fell out of favor and was definitely in their best 22.

If he doesn't find a club next season, be it Collingwood or not, then their is something wrong.

thats what our BF community said about jye bolton.

Possibly some players only need a wake up call for them to really knuckle down, much like being rookied I guess. Some players would realise just how close they come to losing a career they love and get paid pretty well to do and then strive to excel. Not saying all, but can work!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back