Ryan O'Keefe Wants to Leave Sydney for Melbourne - All Discussion Here!

Do you like ROK?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, sorry mate, i wasn't calling lovett a hack nor was i specifically referring to your trades. I was laughing at that swans posters (magna szumbanski) parallel because i have noticed alot of posters throwing a bunch of c graders in hope of a swap for okeefe. I just find the mentality amusing that if you keep throwing c graders you'll eventually catch an a grader.
Classic BF:D:thumbsu:

Fly off the handle? I called you an idiot because you seem to have followed me around and read some of my draft proposals. Yet I ask you to show me some examples and you have none but try and gain yourself some 'credit' on the Swans forum:eek:

Some Doggies fans go overboard with Ray and I merely expressed my opinion. Basically I don't want him anywhere near Essendon.

Now stop trying to hijack the thread and run along:eek:

No, mate, you should be running along.
The obvious flaw in your woeful attempt at an offer (and I don;t mind any such offer being put here for debate) is the one already pointed out: you insist Lovett, aged 26, is worth a first round pick but ROK, at 28 early next year, is not.
That's a three-time AA player, premiership player, acknowledged elite player in the competition, healthy and a massive engine, not worth the same as a bloke who has NEVER lived up to his potential, has very questionable off-field habits and is not wanted by his own club.

I'm not talking about Farren Ray or anyone's opinion of him: this is about your rating of ROK compared with Lovett.
You're just wrong, mate. Deluded, like so many Essendon fans who simply over-rate their own players to the point it's not worth going on about.

i think you sydney supporters could be considred deluded aswell. ROK has possibly two more great years ahead of him and then a few more reasonable ones after that. There are not alot of players consistently dominating games at the age of 30, and there in lies your problem if ROK decides to leave. His age......

1. He is uncontracted so if he does want to come home and you guys try to get more than market worth, he will just go to the dees in the p.s draft. Yes he will try to look after the swans but ultimately he can return for nothing.

2. The next few drafts will be compromised making this years picks even more valuable and reducing the bargaining power for first rd picks from other clubs. This makes it extremely more likely that a swap of players and later picks will end up being the best case scenario.

3.He has stated (according to the media) that he wants to return to victoria and a side with a legitimate chance of winning a flag in the next few years. These two statements then limit the victorian clubs he will be willing to go to.

I think your dreams of first rd. picks + quality players are "pie in the sky stuff"

Having gone back on the stats, ROK really didn't have that much better of a season than kelly and i should of looked at kel pre injury before putting his name on the trading block. They pretty much compare the same except Kelly is younger. I'll keep Kel thanks.... but good luck trying to get blood from a stone!!!! :p

I think your dreams of first rd. picks + quality players are "pie in the sky stuff"

Having gone back on the stats, ROK really didn't have that much better of a season than kelly and i should of looked at kel pre injury before putting his name on the trading block. They pretty much compare the same except Kelly is younger. I'll keep Kel thanks.... but good luck trying to get blood from a stone!!!! :p

You are deluded!

O'Keefe:
Disposals: 452
Marks: 113
Goals: 23

Kelly:
Disposals: 428
Marks: 95
Goals: 8

Now before you tell me that O'Keefe played more football, also consider your team averages around 20% more possessions per game than our side. Also consider that O'Keefe plays across half forward leading up the ground, and not directly in the midfield.

In fact, they are completely different footballers!

O'Keefe's demand will come from sides who think they are only a couple of players away from a premiership. A young kid will not give them the same value for the 2-3 years that O'Keefe will inside their 'premiership window'.

This may include clubs like: Bulldogs, Saints, Collingwood, Kangaroos .. maybe even Carlton and Richmond!

We may not get a first round draft choice, but with more than one club after his services, we will get an adequate trade. O'Keefe has nothing against the Swans and will not hold us to ransom and run to the pre-season draft.

i think you sydney supporters could be considred deluded aswell. ROK has possibly two more great years ahead of him and then a few more reasonable ones after that. There are not alot of players consistently dominating games at the age of 30, and there in lies your problem if ROK decides to leave. His age......

1. He is uncontracted so if he does want to come home and you guys try to get more than market worth, he will just go to the dees in the p.s draft. Yes he will try to look after the swans but ultimately he can return for nothing.

Pretty sure he wouldn't do that as that would be screwing us over big time, there's no bad blood with him and the swans, roos, more than likely has asked him to shop around to get an idea of his worth. He wont go into the PSD, that is laughable bullshit designed to scare us into accepting a rubbish deal.
2. The next few drafts will be compromised making this years picks even more valuable and reducing the bargaining power for first rd picks from other clubs. This makes it extremely more likely that a swap of players and later picks will end up being the best case scenario.

There might be clubs interested in swapping their first rounders for okeefe. Judging by the fact that down below you've compared his year to kelly's i suggest you haven't seen much of okeefe therefore underrating his value. In the right club he could be the difference in that club winning a flag, he is an absolute consistent champion elite player, he's worth a first round pick.

3.He has stated (according to the media) that he wants to return to victoria and a side with a legitimate chance of winning a flag in the next few years. These two statements then limit the victorian clubs he will be willing to go to.

This is all hearsay rubbish. The media added the spin "he'd be wanting to go to a club with genuine chance of winning a flag" - in reality, they're the only clubs who would be willing to give us what we want anyway, unless essendon decided to pick him up.

if you want to go purely on stats then good on you, luckily for geelong they're more thorough in the draft/trade annalysis. :thumbsu::)

bradlz you should just leave this thread because it is getting very embarresing for you, face the facts ROK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kelly. and i think swans have cracked on to the trade a dud from geelong deal in chambers spriggs etc. no thanks

we have to remember that ROK may be past his prime, when we base how good he was, we're looking at his past.

but he is a gun
and any team that has him is lucky.
a 4 year deal just GIVE HIM THE DEAL SYDNEY!
having said that sydney won't be in premiership contention just yet, and if that appeals to him then glory obviously means more then commitment/loyalty.

i think 90% he will leave
or otherwise,
they wouldn't post that on the Sydney Swans (official) website and he wouldn't have a proper manager now if it was as simple as re-signing :(

bradlz you should just leave this thread because it is getting very embarresing for you, face the facts ROK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kelly. and i think swans have cracked on to the trade a dud from geelong deal in chambers spriggs etc. no thanks

really..... henry playfair last year..... don't think so???????

i would suggest kellys upside next few years outweigh o'keefes next few years. but it seems i think much of my player,you think much of yours..... good luck getting something of value for him. i hope he doesn't go pre season and at least i gave you something to argue about....

as far as embarassing myself, i would suggest that i am not alone in thinking that you won;t get more than a quality player and late draft pick, plenty of others are saying so aswell....

good luck....

really..... henry playfair last year..... don't think so???????

i would suggest kellys upside next few years outweigh o'keefes next few years. but it seems i think much of my player,you think much of yours..... good luck getting something of value for him. i hope he doesn't go pre season and at least i gave you something to argue about....

as far as embarassing myself, i would suggest that i am not alone in thinking that you won;t get more than a quality player and late draft pick, plenty of others are saying so aswell....

good luck....
thanks for the input....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but Playfair's actually been an asset to us than a liability. That instantly makes him >>>>> Spriggs and (Torture)Cambers.

We must do whatever we can to get a first round pick if O'Keefe wants to leave because Steele Sidebottom looks like his gonna be a monster of a player.

The latest (journalistic) instalment. http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hawks-join-okeefe-queue/2008/09/30/1222651083336.html

inter alia
HAWTHORN has joined Carlton and Collingwood in the bidding for Sydney's out-of-contract forward Ryan O'Keefe.

Fresh from its stunning premiership victory, the Hawks have been in contact with O'Keefe's management to confirm their interest in the forward, who is considering a move back to Victoria.

But while the Hawks have room in their salary cap to accommodate a good player, it is unclear whether they would have sufficient room for a player that carries the highly regarded O'Keefe's price tag.

The 2005 premiership player, who was runner-up in the club's best and fairest in 2006 and had another strong season this year, is seeking a four-year deal, and was understood to be paid about $450,000 this year.

St Kilda is believed to have a mild interest in O'Keefe, but the club has reiterated that Nick Dal Santo and Justin Koschitzke are not up for trade and is thus unclear how the Saints would satisfy Sydney in a trade.

O'Keefe, 27, has not yet confirmed that he wishes to leave the Swans, but he has communicated via his management that he is seriously entertaining it, and is not merely using his out of contract position to negotiate a better deal.

O'Keefe's management, indeed, has told Victorian suitors that, if he moved, he would like to play with a club that a prospect of success in the near future, and that money was a secondary consideration.

If we insist on getting Lovett and O'Keefe wants out, what do people think of this trade.

O'Keefe plus 2nd rounder for Essendon's first pick.

Sydney's 4th pick for Lovett.

If we traded O'Keefe to Essendon I'd rather it just be for their number 1 pick, but doubt that would happen.

We'd gain a first rounder and Lovett

Essendon get a 2nd & 4th rounder, plus O'Keefe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back