Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also at what point does someone actually call out the media ****wits twisting his words and bullying Tredrea? There's been two weeks of hit pieces on the man for saying "good call" in response to a good call. They talk about worrying about mental health but their attacks show the exact opposite. Sickening.

We’re actually at a point where it’s becoming the club vs the supporters and it’s a pretty dangerous position for the club to be in. If the media keep painting the supporters as the bad guys it will drive us away in droves. The solution that is best for everyone is to remove Hinkley and the sooner the club sees that, the better.

We’re actually at a point where it’s becoming the club vs the supporters and it’s a pretty dangerous position for the club to be in. If the media keep painting the supporters as the bad guys it will drive us away in droves. The solution that is best for everyone is to remove Hinkley and the sooner the club sees that, the better.
Combined with a poor stadium deal and a couple of other factors, we nearly sent the club to the wall when we turned away and voted with our feet in the 2008-2012 period.

I'm surprised the club would tempt fate again by treating the supporters with scant regard.

This is what happens when selfish, ego-centric people infiltrate an organisation. We went from being club-first and for-the-members to being about individuals and their severely flawed personalities and egos. I don’t think it will change back again ever.
The club can be changed back to its core values and eventually regain the respect built up over 150 plus years that Koch, Davies, Richardson and Hinkley have p*ssed around the `S' bend to Bolivar if all 4 are replaced wholus bolus with the right people, starting with the coach, and followed soon after by that absolute turkey of a so called chairman, his underlings, and the last remaining connection to the Corne's family!

It won't be a 5 minute exercise, but it can and I believe will be done, and when it is the Vic based media will move onto something else, and our once proud club can get back to the number one reason why any football club in any comp in the world should have as their main reason for existing!

i can't believe what Jordan Lewis said!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's already gone past the point of no return for me. And I'm guessing I'm no orphan.

Why aren’t we allowed to boo him exactly

The more they go on about it, the more supporters will do it
It's more than that. They're actively trying to divide the supporter base now and cause as many ructions as they possibly can. In spite of the very public booing of Hinkley during the Brisbane game there would still be a small army of supporters in his corner. So, what i can see happening is, everytime Hinkley appears on screen and sections of the crowd boo him, there will be other sections of the crowd standing and applauding him. The media will duly focus in on the crowd split. It'll be a kind of footballing version of identitarianism. A divide and rule tactic.

It's more than that. They're actively trying to divide the supporter base now and cause as many ructions as they possibly can. In spite of the very public booing of Hinkley during the Brisbane game there would still be a small army of supporters in his corner. So, what i can see happening is, everytime Hinkley appears on screen and sections of the crowd boo him, there will be other sections of the crowd standing and applauding him. The media will duly focus in on the crowd split. It'll be a kind of footballing version of identitarianism. A divide and rule tactic.
Im confident the booing will significantly outweigh the cheering..

The whole eastern wing will be booing judging on last home game

Gerrard is the weasel. Kane is like an annoyance.
Kane is a Hinkley hater compared to Gerard Whateley. It's the most bizarre thing seeing this otherwise respected and serious journalist turn into a hysterical fawning mother when it comes to his beloved Kenny.

Im confident the booing will significantly outweigh the cheering..

The whole eastern wing will be booing judging on last home game
It won't matter who outnumbers who. The coverage will focus on the split.

Edit - I'm not saying not to boo, I'm just predicting what they'll try and do.

A sub 30k crowd for this weeks game against the bulldogs could have more effect on waking the kokmeister up that kern is way past his use by date than a 40k crowd with thousands booing and showing their displeasure would, but I suspect the latter scenario is more likely than the former.

Either way the supporters will have to keep the pressure up because there is little doubt the pathetically weak campaigner will have to be forced into making the right decision as he will be all about saving face for himself, and not upsetting certain sections of the media.

Hopefully other members of the board apart from Tredders have finally got the message too, and are capable of telling the arrogant clown that kern's tenure really is untenable and he has to go!

The biggest outcome I think will be the amount of people that just don't want to be involved at all and don't show up.

The biggest outcome I think will be the amount of people that just don't want to be involved at all and don't show up.
Yeah, and then watch Whateley and Co place the blame for that on "the mob", who've made the footy a "no go" zone for families and the like.

A sub 30k crowd for this weeks game against the bulldogs could have more effect on waking the kokmeister up that kern is way past his use by date than a 40k crowd with thousands booing and showing their displeasure would, but I suspect the latter scenario is more likely than the former.

Either way the supporters will have to keep the pressure up because there is little doubt the pathetically weak campaigner will have to be forced into making the right decision as he will be all about saving face for himself, and not upsetting certain sections of the media.

Hopefully other members of the board apart from Tredders have finally got the message too, and are capable of telling the arrogant clown that kern's tenure really is untenable and he has to go!
1:15pm Saturday bounce, coming off four uninspiring performances in a row, against an opposition that isn't a huge drawcard in terms of bringing their supporters with them. Combine that with the ongoing discontent, and I think sub-30k is a real possibility.

I actually think Ken is expecting to come home to rapturous applause after bringing the poor-i50-conversion cup
Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back