Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

BY THE WAY why are we not making more of how the crying interview opened!?
“How are you feeling?”
“Pretty hard”
Was just running the script. It's not his fault he didn't get asked the right question.

Gossip Girl giving her take on Wazza and Hinkley.

So Caro is alive to the notion that Ken Hinkley is an emotional person and that this emotional rollercoaster is "unsustainable" and that it's not what the players need.

Stay with me here, Caro, because there's just one short hop between Ken's recent public displays of emotion and his strengths and weaknesses as a coach going back many years now. Hinkley has always been good at connecting with his players, bringing them along for the journey and coaxing often extraordinary performances from them. And just as consistently, the problem is that this has never been sustainable across an entire season or when the pressure is dialed up. For a decade now, Port under Ken Hinkley have used individual talent and emotionally-charged performances to compensate for the lack of an effective system and structure, and that approach simply has not delivered the ultimate success or indeed come close.

Kane Cornes on Hinkley is obviously a compromised and contentious figure. But I did find it interesting just how he has begun to back off on his support for Hinkley in recent times. Following the Brisbane game, he said that Hinkley had always got the best out of the playing group that he's had, but now he (Cornes) is seeing signs that that is no longer the case, i.e. that the players are not playing for him. When your strength as a coach is connecting with and motivating your players, and that's no longer happening, the situation is dire enough that even Cornes must acknowledge it. And the most obvious inference to draw from that observation, whatever else one might say about Hinkley as a coach, is that he's been in the role too long, such that the players have heard everything he has to say enough times that they're no longer willing or able to respond to it.

Last edited:

Jordan Lewis said he wishes he was coached by Hinkley. Go sign up for Bell Park next season, you might get lucky.
The next question should have been would Clarko do that?

Then would you have swapped him for Clarko?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Also, Kane was trying (impotently) to suggest that Tredrea had betrayed those that voted him in because "nothing's changed".

LMAO.

Even Caro wasn't buying that attempt to split Tredrea from the fanbase and said that Tredders was disingenuous in his claims that the club was united (actually, fair).

Keep supporting Tredrea, keep booing Ken.
It's pretty funny really. Whenever I listen to 5AA (and I did this week for the post game calls) I'd say most Port callers either start or finish their call thanking Tredders for sticking at it and representing the members.

So Caro is alive to the notion that Ken Hinkley is an emotional person and that this emotional rollercoaster is "unsustainable" and that it's not what the players need.

Stay with me here, Caro, because it's just one short hop from connecting Ken's recent public displays of emotion to his strengths and weaknesses as a coach going back many years now. Hinkley has always been good at connecting with his players, bringing them along for the journey and coaxing often extraordinary performances from them. And just as consistently, the problem is that this has never been sustainable across an entire season or when the pressure is dialed up. For a decade now, Port under Ken Hinkley have used individual talent and emotion to compensate for the lack of an effective system and structure, and that approach simply has not delivered the ultimate success or indeed come close.

Kane Cornes on Hinkley is obviously a compromised and contentious figure. But I did find it interesting just how he has begun to back off on his support for Hinkley in recent times. Following the Brisbane game, he said that Hinkley had always got the best out of the playing group that he's had, but now he (Cornes) is seeing signs that that is no longer the case, i.e. that the players are not playing for him. When your strength as a coach is connecting with and motivating your players, and that's no longer happening, the situation is dire enough that even Cornes must acknowledge it. And the most obvious inference to draw from that observation, whatever else one might say about Hinkley as a coach, is that he's been in the role too long.
Cornes is just as much as a con artist as Ken.

In 2021, Kane said that a Grand Final appearance was a non-negotiable before a contract renewal.

Kane is just waiting for an opportunity to renew his pro-Ken agenda. In the meantime, he is looking to negate any and all criticism of the bogan (i.e. going after Tredea).

Kane even attempted to minimise how untenable a crying coach is. That was too much for Caro.

The footy media is attacking Port supporters, we have to triple down on the Boos and the Sack Hinkley signs. They attack us we keep attacking their love child.
I actually think the opposition, feeds their agenda against the fans.

Ultra groups overseas get criticised a lot, often merited, however no way they would tolerate this from the media.

It retaliation it would be a massive walk out and only thing left behind is a rolled out banner on the lines of "this is the sound of a club with no members"

It's pretty funny really. Whenever I listen to 5AA (and I did this week for the post game calls) I'd say most Port callers either start or finish their call thanking Tredders for sticking at it and representing the members.
Comments like Kane's show just how divorced he is from the Port fanbase.

He just thinks "who else are you going to get?" and "Kenny has a great record" is good enough to swat away the concerns of general supporters.

And he still believes that all the rabid fans just want Josh Carr.

All of his arguments are 12 months out of date.

At least.

Comments like Kane's show just how divorced he is from the Port fanbase.

He just thinks "who else are you going to get?" and "Kenny has a great record" is good enough to swat away the concerns of general supporters.

And he still believes that all the rabid fans just want Josh Carr.

All of his arguments are 12 months out of date.

At least.

You are mistaking these for sincerely held beliefs and/or good faith arguments. He takes whichever line will enflame, provoke, outrage the most.

You are mistaking these for sincerely held beliefs and/or good faith arguments. He takes whichever line will enflame, provoke, outrage the most.
No, when it comes to Ken, he's serious.

With other coaches and players, they are just pawns in his click-bait game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The footy media is attacking Port supporters, we have to triple down on the Boos and the Sack Hinkley signs. They attack us we keep attacking their love child.
I’ll say it again - the fact that not one of our key administrators has come out to offer even the slightest bit of support for the Port Adelaide fans in the face of this commentary is pathetic.

Do these people realise they need us a lot more than we need them?

Might be time to remind them.

Caro on "Footy Classified" calling Tredrea "selfish", "pandering to the rabble" and "could not care less that he's upsetting players, coaches, the board members".

She also blames Tredrea "that's why we saw what we did on the weekend".

It's Tredrea's fault that a 57-year-old man is crying.

Jesus.
Yep. Tredders booed Hinkley against the Lions.

Hinkley's tears are irrelevant and the boos of the fans are irrelevant. The only thing that should matter is the board and management sitting down and analysing the facts in a cold and rational manner to determine whether Ken Hinkley is capable of coaching Port Adelaide to a premiership or not (the answer is fairly obvious).

Have to keep pressing.

Hierarchy haven't said they won't not keep him on. All the "poor victim crying ken" themes getting around I think the club would like to keep him on next year if they can get away with it. They are behind the media victim charade ATM.

Are we getting a posse together at the dogs game for synchronised boooing?

Is there a strategy?
Not currently but we need one

Hinkley's tears are irrelevant and the boos of the fans are irrelevant. The only thing that should matter is the board and management sitting down and analysing the facts in a cold and rational manner to determine whether Ken Hinkley is capable of coaching Port Adelaide to a premiership or not (the answer is fairly obvious).
The boos matter.

If Koch thinks for a second that they can keep Ken for next year, he will.

The August 2023 deadline was the timeline that the board chose - a deadline that gave them less, not more, leverage.

There is no way that they want to pay a cent more for what was clearly their mistake.

Boo, boo and boo some more.

This "poor Ken" narrative is just an attempt to pre-empt the booing by making it a "mental health" issue.

If fans stop booing, the club is successful in silencing fans forever.

I’ll say it again - the fact that not one of our key administrators has come out to offer even the slightest bit of support for the Port Adelaide fans in the face of this commentary is pathetic.

Do these people realise they need us a lot more than we need them?

Might be time to remind them.

Yeah vote with your feet, I have.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jordan Lewis said he wishes he was coached by Hinkley. Go sign up for Bell Park next season, you might get lucky.

As opposed to ruthless Clarko, who was mean to him by lumping him with four premierships.

I mean what the **** are they and the Hinkley camp expecting by this media pile on.

"You Port supporters are a pathetic, ungrateful, uneducated mob of mean spirited people"

"Ahh sure you're right. How could we be so blind. Sorry Ken, no hard feelings hey?"

Woo Hoo's all round at the Bulldogs game.

mar-de.gif

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back