Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why but this is how I see it
We are out if the 8 can't make finals
Round 23 we wear the bars.
The Cows beat us
The club annouce that daddy doughnuts won't coach us in 25
And Freo will be his farewell

We all think that Hinkley is gone at the end of the 2024 season, why?.
Koch has made it easy to continue with Hinkley for the 2025 season, he's contracted.
The club had two chances to just not renew his contract but extended him instead, so why in hell do we think he will be sacked, we can dream but this club doesn't have the guts unless something gives in the media and they put the pressure on as well.
Agree, hes likely to be coaching in 2025. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to withstand that. It's a never ending nightmare. 😪

It was about getting off the remaining 800-900k left on his contract. At the time they couldn't afford to get rid of him unless it was for someone like Clarkson. The financial circumstances however have since changed and are no longer a mitigating factor.

This one I can't say as the information was given directly to me by someone high up at the Club. All I can say is that the demand was absurd and its enactment would have been unprecedented.

Wouldn’t Clarkson have been the most expensive alternative option?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Every coach they've ever had who has coached them for more than 2 years has ended up winning a flag. History is on your side.
They also have the champion mindset built into the organisation, they werent getting results and they acted accordingly. Arguably had the greatest dynasty outside of the Victorian clubs.

They also have the champion mindset built into the organisation, they werent getting results and they acted accordingly. Arguably had the greatest dynasty outside of the Victorian clubs.

They have the money (and or courage) to not mind being totally crap for a year or two.
Never mid table.
Either collecting draft picks or contending.

Wouldn’t Clarkson have been the most expensive alternative option?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, but there were benefactors who were willing to pump money into the Club to make the Clarko appointment happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree.

GC: 50-50

Richmond: 90% win

Carlton: likely loss

Sydney: 50/50 (but I reckon 55/45 we win)

Melbourne: reverse of Sydney 55/45 we lose but could be 50/50

Showdown: 60/40 win (home showdown
no excuses enough is enough)

Freo: 55/45 loss
We have 11 years of evidence that we win 33% of night games against top 8 teams at home. 50/50 against the best team in it at home given that statistical fact is extremely generous.

We also don't play well in Perth and against an up and about Freo we don't win 4.5 out of every 10, maybe 2-3 max.

We've lost the last 3 showdowns, we are 10-12 in Hinkleys era despite finishing above them in 9 of 12 seasons, yes we should win, but hard to qualify it as anything more than 50/50 at best.

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm just trying to point out that I was trying to use some serious logic to show how hard our run home is. Last time we played a top 8 side they smacked us by 80 points, so we've got a long way to go. A couple easy kills though and people start to get overconfident again.

Last edited:
And the geniuses in charge still preferred Ken?

Haha, wow.

No, you really need to follow my posts.
Everyone wanted Clarko. But his demands (which I will not mention on here because it will out my source) were so ridiculous that no reasonable organisation would have agreed to them.

Everyone wanted Clarko. But his demands (which I will not mention on here because it will out my source) were so ridiculous that no reasonable organisation would have agreed to them.

So much so that really he didn't want the Port job.

Does that imply North Melb agreed to such terms?

IMG_0118.jpeg

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back