Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

"Hey dad, oh there's evidence straight away that Gold Coast is a very good team at home. Here is a list of player names with pictures so you know who they are"

"So Jordan, you're saying we don't need to tag Gary Ablett this year?"

Kochie has actually succeeded in turning the PAFC into a small business. Should this surprise? Not at all, given his whole schtick.

It's about dollars and cents for him. The 'Chasing Greatness Fund' is about making a 'Financially Powerful' PAFC.

“Small business” and “Financially Powerful” only go together inside David Koch’s mind.

Yes, the answer is yes. Southgate is a lucky man.

Enjoy Porto Katsiki.
Did Milos yesterday and Egremni today. The decent and climb back up were hard core, especially in 39 degree heat, but the most spectacular turquoise water I've ever seen.

Oh yeah.... SACK HINKLEY.

Last edited:
It's a bit hard to sack Ken when Port are sitting 6th on the ladder.

6th on the ladder is a grand final appearance and a premiership all of a sudden?

Some supporters of other clubs get it. Some don’t. Well, even some of our own don’t.

Let me try explaining what’s going on:

Did Milos yesterday and Egremni today. The decent and climb back up were hard core, especially in 39 degree heat, but the most spectacular turquoise water I've ever seen.

Oh yeah.... SACK HINKLEY.
Great edit, Papa

We haven't gotten to rounding up people and throwing them in gulags yet.

Kochie has actually succeeded in turning the PAFC into a small business. Should this surprise? Not at all, given his whole schtick.

It's about dollars and cents for him. The 'Chasing Greatness Fund' is about making a 'Financially Powerful' PAFC. That's what it says on the sticker - not winning a flag (i.e. premiership fund), literally about being monied. Just like any small business is about feet through the door, building a customer base etc. And frankly, Kochie has been pretty good about running a regieme that achievd this. Problem is, a football club - or any pro sport entity - is about winning the final game of the season.

If Kochie runs the admin like a small business that is out to get in the black, KH-Davies have been allowed to run the footy side like a family business: internal promotions, looking after our own, closing ranks when the pressure is on to keep those internal values together. Problem is, family businesses that are successful know which family members to keep and which to release into the wild.

I get the sentiment that we're being run by a dictator, and it's not far from the mark given we can't elect a board as members, but in reality, we're actually run by inept hacks with too much power, too much tenure, and not enough spine to make the necessary calls when they need to be made.

For old-school fans (that doesn't just mean pre-97 btw) it's a depressing state of affairs.
You have to remember that one of the mainstays of fascism is to suppress any opposition to their power and although no one has been killed, assassinated or put in jail indefinitely, the unprecedented vilification of fans, calling them White Noise and the Charlie Dixon 2 cent rant is as close to it as you can do in the AFL.

With the AFL media a shill entity, all that was left to oppose the continued mediocrity of the club was the lifeblood and life force, that is, the supporters. As far as I know, it is particularly rare for a sports team to come out and have a go at their fans. Fair enough if they are being violent or horrible or racist or sexist or homophobic but the issue of the club with its fans is that the fans want success and the people in charge do not have the capacity or want to give it.

Most of the other aspects you've mentioned which I agree with are definitely small business oriented but also fall under the nature of fascism as well.

You have to remember that one of the mainstays of fascism is to suppress any opposition to their power and although no one has been killed, assassinated or put in jail indefinitely, the unprecedented vilification of fans, calling them White Noise and the Charlie Dixon 2 cent rant is as close to it as you can do in the AFL.

With the AFL media a shill entity, all that was left to oppose the continued mediocrity of the club was the lifeblood and life force, that is, the supporters. As far as I know, it is particularly rare for a sports team to come out and have a go at their fans. Fair enough if they are being violent or horrible or racist or sexist or homophobic but the issue of the club with its fans is that the fans want success and the people in charge do not have the capacity or want to give it.

Most of the other aspects you've mentioned which I agree with are definitely small business oriented but also fall under the nature of fascism as well.

The regular having a crack at the fans, wheeling out Dixon, calling us "white noise", is the clearest indication possible that the current system of an appointed board is a failure.

Now, maybe the AFL doesn't see it as a failure because their metric doesn't involve fan engagement or onfield success, but by the measure of any reasonable person, they're a failure. The supporter base, once the most engaged in the country, is disengaged, disappointed and in a lot of cases, actively hates the coach and the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The streaming services introducing ads lol.

Hellooooooo torrents!

Such a stupid move. My Apple TV crashes when these ads play. So far it made my nba league pass unwatchable , and I may not renew that because of it, and now Amazon prime has started crashing when these ads come on.

It’s so easy to just not renew these things and the more demand there is for torrents the more options will start popping up as well. Supply and demand.

Not too mention times are getting harder and people are going have to cut back. I can totally foresee a world where these streaming apps lose big numbers of viewers in the next few years. Apparently the money being poured into new non-existing IP at the screenplay / development level is drying up right now / been dead for a little while so we can expect what we see on our screens to really dry up shortly as well. They’re heading for a perfect storm imo. I’m fairly worried for what it’s going to look like in a few years time.

I really don’t know of any proper sporting club in the world that could get away with the gaslighting of fans in the way we’ve copped.

****, they’re owned by billionaires as well lol not even our supposed “for the members” setup. You think they could get away with it more and still they wouldn’t.

The difference is our corrupt media.

David Koch to a t. You see how he speaks about us, can you imagine what he'd be like inside the club?

I've heard that Koch is actually quite self aware around his lack of football knowledge/experience and leans heavily on others when it comes to football matters. He's far from the biggest problem at the club.

David Koch to a t. You see how he speaks about us, can you imagine what he'd be like inside the club?
There are not a lot of people on this site who have worked with him personally who have anything good to say about the bloke.

And then you look at the results and you just have to know he truly is a professional BSer.

I've heard that Koch is actually quite self aware around his lack of football knowledge/experience and leans heavily on others when it comes to football matters. He's far from the biggest problem at the club.

He’s not self-aware enough. He is oblivious that he’s incapable of judging who’s actually a football expert.

Who has he put in place to lean on, though? Who we hire is on him and he's very quickly shut down any opinion that doesn't fit with the groupthink he's fostered.

We have 2 footy experts on the board, one who Koch famously derided publicly prior to his election by the supporters, the other only joined in 2022.

Our footy ops manager is a former cricketer who is in a greyhound syndicate with the head coach.

Mr line in the sand himself Dom Cassisi is there as an advisor for some reason, despite being a real estate agent with no real roles in footy post retirement.

All our assistant coaches are internal hires.

Most have expressed contempt for the supporter base in various forms while achieving **** all.

Who has he put in place to lean on, though? Who we hire is on him and he's very quickly shut down any opinion that doesn't fit with the groupthink he's fostered.

The amount of people who falls in this trap willingly is amazing.

One must choose a team with different ideas and perspectives, that often will clash against one another. Since that is too hard to handle, instead of recognizing their own incompetence to lead, people try to dumb down the task.

They end up full of blind spots. When they finally leave, everything is worse than it was when they arrived.

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back