Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is Daddy Donuts wearing a hat? He wasn't wearing it while "coaching" on the sidelines, and it's not like he'd suffer from hat hair.

Sack Hinkley
View attachment 2048299
He looks like he's going through chemo or something
Looks so unwell.
Give the game up mate it's clearly getting to you.

Holy shit, this thread really is the prime steak of Big Footy :eek:
He's been here so long, there's 10,000 posts per thread and 10 other threads.

If these threads are the steaks, and Kochie and Co are the cooks, then the steak isn't just well done, it has turned to ash.

The booing needs to be loud and proud on Saturday night!!!
Halloween Horror GIF by Aya Murata

There's enough money to sack him. Was an issue in 2022, but it's not now.

He's not getting sacked tonight, tomorrow or Tuesday. But today was a step in the right direction to seeing the back of him for good.

The people in charge of making the decision on Ken will wait until the writing is on the wall and there's no turning back.

When I say patient, I am merely referring to not happening in the next week. But make no mistake, he's gone no later than the end of the season.

Quite frankly a loss to Richmond could very well see him out of a job before the Carlton game. I personally think results will dictate that he's gone the week of the Showdown assuming 3 straight losses prior (Carlton, Sydney, Melbourne).
I'm a total pessimist but the club cannot keep fighting the supporter base. It will inevitably take its toll on everyone. Your posts have kept me sane so thank you for your insights. Keep the pressure on members.

Last edited:
I'm a total pessimist but the club cannot keep fighting the supporter base. It will envitably take its toll on everyone. Your posts have kept me sane so thank you for your insights. Keep the pressure on members.

You're most welcome, mate. I completely understand your pessimistic stance. Just gotta keep the faith at this point.

It's almost over. Time is truly running out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When its time, what emoji can you used so we know he’s gone.

Don't worry, once I know, nothing will be left to the imagination.

Might not use an emoji or a gif. Might just come here to say "Sacked Hinkley."

He won’t do a Malcom Blight and resign from his position because he wants the job and guarantees himself his $1M+ contract per year that he makes, so that’s always never been an option. He had the chance to do so in 2017, when he held the club up for ransom with the GC interest.

Financially, and Chewy316 can correct me if I’m wrong, but the club from a financial pov has never been in a better state. If we want to sack Ken tonight, tomorrow, or anytime during the season, we can, and the debt will still be paid off by the end of 2025. The longer Ken stays on, the more we are just hampering our season and the future moving forward to see whether Josh is the best man moving forward or if we need to continue our search for a new coach.
The moment Ken walks, I reckon our membership jumps by at least 10000 (including me), so the club benefits immediately.

Last edited:
It's such a pisstake that the club, not for the first time, traded our draft hand to bring in players required for Hinkley to have a run at a flag, only for the team to miss finals, and for us to be told it's the players again (Ken/CD)

How he escapes accountability year after year from all and sundry is incredible.

It's such a pisstake that the club actually believed that Ken was gonna win us a flag this year!

The silence from the club during the booing was kinda telling, I think it's finally dawned on them that the common denominator all along is the issue.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's such a pisstake that the club, not for the first time, traded our draft hand to bring in players required for Hinkley to have a run at a flag, only for the team to miss finals, and for us to be told it's the players again (Ken/CD)

How he escapes accountability year after year from all and sundry is incredible.

It's such a pisstake that the club actually believed that Ken was gonna win us a flag this year!

The silence from the club during the booing was kinda telling, I think it's finally dawned on them that the common denominator all along is the issue.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Board are well aware of the fans' opinion surrounding the senior coach. Most importantly, they have enough contacts and connections in the media that enabled them to shut down the talk of Ken's possible dismissal after that Brisbane game. They instead chose to let it run.

The only disappointing thing is that shortly before Ken gets sacked, I don't expect to hear a "Ken's got the full support of the Board" simply because Richo and Koch are forever nowhere to be seen this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back