Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

This infuriates me. If dickhead, look at me Hinkley didn't make a big deal of it on the bench and in the presser, no-one would be commenting. He could be spoken to like an adult behind closed doors.
Show boating for cameras so the media have evidence it's the players and not the village idiots fault.

Last edited:
It's hilarious really the very obvious sidestepping Kane does when it comes to Port and Ken.

Critisizing the game-plan but not mentioning the head coach js just *chefs kiss

So quite literally this season we've heard,

-poor goal kicking and conversion (players faults)
-poor on field attitude and "wanting it enough" (players faults)
-list and talent levels not contender worthy (CD/Cripps fault)
-game plan out dated and failing (game-plans fault?)

Ken can't kick it for them, he can't plan it for them, he can't study the opposition for them, he can't develop talent for them and he can't make them want it/believe in themselves.

Again, I'd love for someone in the media to explain exactly what Ken is responsible for?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just finished listening to Tredders 5AA segment, it seems like the loser mentality is even starting to rub off on him. Just couldn’t stop praising the Suns while saying very little about another horrific Ken Hinkley coached performance. The clubs just about lost me completely.
Didn't you pick up on Tredrea's early response to a caller?
The caller said everyone is to comfortable down at the club, Tredrea's response was "no I don't know if everyone is comfortable". It was the way he said it that my ears prick up, sounds like a few under the pump so I would guess that Hinkley is one of them.

We all want that, and, tbh, it shouldn’t be much to ask for. The problem is the people at the club and the way they run it. They created this environment. They created this division between the club and the members, supporters, and fans. They wanted the media circus, whether it be with whenever Ken’s contract has come up for renewal, the 3 flags in 5 years quotes, the best list in years quote from Ken, the drive-by’s from Caro to Warren, or the bloodthirsty pack article from Wheatley. They’ve wanted all of this. If our president had a backbone, he’d go to war for his club, especially the media. Kochie thinks he controls the media. He doesn’t because I’d tell ya what if I were president: no way in hell do I allow Tredders to cop the drive-by’s, do that farcical public argument with Caro on the Thursday on 5AA, and I would publicly condemn any muppet from the media to refer to our members, supporters, and fans as a bloodthirsty pack. I’d also start dishing out bans to the members, from the media to club pressers and anything club-related, which the club should do right now but doesn’t have the cojones to do so. Koch needs to change tac and surround himself with people who are winners and keep integrity and accountability at the highest order.
People used to have a go at Eddie but he would go into bat for Collingwood and it's fans, at least he cared about the club he was the President of.

Last edited:
Can he be sacked or at least quit so this is finally over with?

I am tired, and I suspect so are many of the players, who are also being gaslighted into thinking it is all their fault.
Once Chris Davies had a go at the list a few weeks ago, for mine, it just sat badly and really don't know what he was thinking.

He was obviously trying to deflect blame from the coaching and administration but in the end, it doubles down on it and put the players in a position where they are being told they are not good enough. I mean, they get that enough from Kenny Average and now from this bloke and for no real good reason.

It's hilarious really the very obvious sidestepping Kane does when it comes to Port and Ken.

Ken can't kick it for them, he can't plan it for them, he can't study the opposition for them, he can't develop talent for them and he can't make them want it/believe in themselves.

Again, I'd love for someone in the media to explain exactly what Ken is responsible for?

Simply put, Ken is responsible for bleeding the club of around $10 million.

We’re so far beyond what ‘normal’ looks like for a club on timelines stretching out this long, that even if one was to wholly agree with Kane’s pro-Hinkley clickbait shtick, the issue remains the same.

Whatever blame or innocence can be apportioned to players, coaches, admin, whoever, Hinkley‘s overseen and flubbed more chances than anyone else in the history of the league, and has objectively been there too long.

Everyone needs a fresh start.
They'll be inspecting individual blades of grass at the indelible Portress soon. Anything but the coach!

Hinkley obviously isn't particularly intelligent but he does have the street cunning to milk something to his advantage, ala the croc tears and the public father image showboating on the bench with JHF, and the week before that the finger waving to a very p*ssed off Butters.

The good news is that even Kane Korner is now making comments about his unsustainable game plan, albeit he is at least 5 years late to that party and is only following up on comments already made by other members of the Vic media.

We are now at the stage where only a finals berth and at least one finals win should be able to save kern, but with the weakest chairman in the history of the club we could lose every game and it would unfortunately still not be a certainty to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, if this is the case, and Cox is not interested in the Eagles gig, does this mean Carr will be on their radar? Will this spook Port into making a call on Hinkley?

I think so - they'll need to re-sign him for another 2 years in case Carr goes and they have to develop someone else in a succession plan under Hinkley.

Would Schofield come back minus Hinkley and Carr (if he went somewhere?).

I still think Carr will be coach.

If they clip Hinkley before season’s end I wonder if Chad will be made coach not to have a Carr in that position.

Once Chris Davies had a go at the list a few weeks ago, for mine, it just sat badly and really don't know what he was thinking.

He was obviously trying to deflect blame from the coaching and administration but in the end, it doubles down on it and put the players in a position where they are being told they are not good enough. I mean, they get that enough from Kenny Average and now from this bloke and for no real good reason.

It was quite an incredible statement really, even without the context of Hinkley being in his 12th season and Davies being in his 10th season and thus both bearing significant responsibility for the state of the list. To throw your players and list and recruiting team under the bus like that says a lot about Davies' priorities - which appear to be himself first, Hinkley second and everyone else a distant last.

Would Schofield come back minus Hinkley and Carr (if he went somewhere?).

I still think Carr will be coach.

If they clip Hinkley before season’s end I wonder if Chad will be made coach not to have a Carr in that position.
I think we burnt our bridge with Schofield

Wouldn’t surprise me if he gets the head gig at WC

I don't know where people get the confidence to say he's gone before or at the end of the season. I have zero confidence we are sacking this guy at all. I would be legitimately surprised if anyone else but Ken is coach next season. The miniscule of hope I have is that Kosch has been unusually quiet this season.

Last edited:

Except Davies has confirmed that Hinkley is part of the list management committee. Even paid club propagandist Rucci has acknowledged this;

"At Port Adelaide, it is Cripps, Parker, Ken Hinkley and Chris Davies."

After 12 years the Hinkley apologists can no longer credibly claim that he has inherited a list not of his making.

I don't know where people get the confidence to say he's done before or at the end of the season. I have zero confidence we are sacking this guy at all. I would be legitimately surprised if anyone else but Ken is coach next season. The miniscule of hope I have is that Kosch has been unusually quiet this seas.

Johnny, as I said last night, a lost Saturday night against favourites for the wooden spoon Richmond is a monumental loss of all proportions where there is no turning back. As I said last night, all hell with break loose, and I don’t mean that figuratively, quite literally, all hell with break loose to the point that booing at the Brisbane game with seem like child’s play.

The inherent problem with having the coach on the list management committee is that you could have a coach with a personality disorder such as Hinkley who is more interested in protecting his own job in the short term than in building and managing a playing list for the long term (which would appear to be the goal of list management).

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back