Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnny, as I said last night, a lost Saturday night against favourites for the wooden spoon Richmond is a monumental loss of all proportions where there is no turning back. As I said last night, all hell with break loose, and I don’t mean that figuratively, quite literally, all hell with break loose to the point that booing at the Brisbane game with seem like child’s play.
I would still be extremely surprised to see anything happen after a loss to Richmond. It would be seen as capitulating to the 'outside noise' rather than 'holding steadfast to our plans'. Also, at this point, what real purpose does it server to put Carr in for the rest of the season when most of us here are saying we'll struggle to win 1 or 2 games? So Carr comes in and as expected, he wins 1... maybe 2 games. What did we learn about Carr that helps us decide if he's the man for the future? Not a lot. It's not a long time to turn things around and change a sides mentality. What if he comes in and we win enough to make finals? Is it a sugar hit? Is it sustainable? The only outcome that provides any degree of confidence would be if he came in and we made it to, and won a prelim at minimum. Anything else gives you bugger all. As much as we all want Ken gone, this season is basically shot. Why put the next 5-10 years at risk and compromise your next choice? We only just extended his contract. For us to make that call based on 6 months of non-finals data when we have 10+ years already makes the administration look incompetent.

It's hilarious really the very obvious sidestepping Kane does when it comes to Port and Ken.

Critisizing the game-plan but not mentioning the head coach js just *chefs kiss

So quite literally this season we've heard,

-poor goal kicking and conversion (players faults)
-poor on field attitude and "wanting it enough" (players faults)
-list and talent levels not contender worthy (CD/Cripps fault)
-game plan out dated and failing (game-plans fault?)

Ken can't kick it for them, he can't plan it for them, he can't study the opposition for them, he can't develop talent for them and he can't make them want it/believe in themselves.

Again, I'd love for someone in the media to explain exactly what Ken is responsible for?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The lack of acknowledgement was deafening after the Bulldogs game when in Kanes own words, we put our midfield up against theirs and blitzed them because they didn't tag anyone. Yet... Kanes excuse for bashing Bevo and protecting Ken, is that their list is so much better than ours. But in a head to head showdown, we blitzed them? You can't have it both ways. He then went on to criticize Bevo for not tagging us. So why wouldn't the coach of our team be responsible for the same tactical failures we exhibit? Like our almost decade-long persistence with a failed game plan, especially our forward set up. We continually revert to the same failed setups.

We aren't losing to Richmond, it's not a game Ken typically drops. It'll be another run of the mill average win where we play for about 20 minutes, the rest is going through the motions. The crowd may hit 30k, weather dependent, and everyone will be bored shitless out of their brains, whilst having to listening to that bald announcer yell into the mic at every break. If we do lose, brilliant.

I don't know where people get the confidence to say he's gone before or at the end of the season. I have zero confidence we are sacking this guy at all. I would be legitimately surprised if anyone else but Ken is coach next season. The miniscule of hope I have is that Kosch has been unusually quiet this season.

Well then you should prepare yourself to be "legitimately surprised."

The crowd may hit 30k, weather dependent, and everyone will be bored shitless out of their brains, whilst having to listening to that bald announcer yell into the mic at every break.

POWA FANS!!!!!!!! FRUCHOCS!!!!!!!

This infuriates me. If dickhead, look at me Hinkley didn't make a big deal of it on the bench and in the presser, no-one would be commenting. He could be spoken to like an adult behind closed doors.
This is way over the top, what was said from J Brown, Bucks and Co about JHF wasn't even that bad in the first place. And Ken basically took JHF off to cool off, which was the correct move and then sat alongside him and had a conversation. I'm really confused trying to work out what the problem is with that?

It's what all the coaches on the bench do, they talk to the players and that is the main reason they are on the bench and not in the coaches box.

If he is meant to only have conversations with his players behind closed doors, what the hell is he even doing on the bench?

I want to see Kenny gone too but this in an overreaction.

This is way over the top, what was said from J Brown, Bucks and Co about JHF wasn't even that bad in the first place. And Ken basically took JHF off to cool off, which was the correct move and then sat alongside him and had a conversation. I'm really confused trying to work out what the problem is with that?

It's what all the coaches on the bench do, they talk to the players and that is the main reason they are on the bench and not in the coaches box.

If he is meant to only have conversations with his players behind closed doors, what the hell is he even doing on the bench?

I want to see Kenny gone too but this in an overreaction.
You have conversations respectfully. And you don't then badmouth them in the media.

You have conversations respectfully. And you don't then badmouth them in the media.
Ream them behind closed doors if need be, but always publicly support and present a united front.

Or pick a fight elsewhere (umpiring, treatment of player) to run interference and take the focus off the players and to another issue.

Something Chris Scott does well, and great man managers of yesteryear from other sports like Ferguson and Brian Clough made an art form of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The conversation almost look too respectful for my liking, i would've preferred a coach that went harder on him in that moment personally. Most coaches would've been pissed off with what JHF did.

saying he needs to be better in those moments is hardly bad mouthing him.

Well well well

If this doesn't tell you our club is one the nose over here in Melbourne then nothing will.

Found in Melbourne Terminal 4 this morning.

Someone didn't have the heart to throw it straight into the bin.

Not sure if they left it there for someone else to decide what to do with it, as a gift for someone or more realistically to punish the fool who takes it

Maybe it's the clubs new membership strategy. Lord knows images of the coach won't work and there's no recent successes to sell.

The. End

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240716_120355_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240716_120355_Gallery.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 20240716_113932.jpg
    20240716_113932.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
Season is slip, slip, slipping away but no ruthlessness from the coaching department is prepared to stop this.

Dixon, should have never been selected, as his form has not been proven in the SANFL and his undisciplined act gets rewarded. Sure he trained well, but so does the rest of the squad.

We also have too many talls in the forward line that need to be culled. At the moment Georgiadis and Lord is all you need. Marshall & Finlaysen aren't performing and need a run in the 2's

Rioli, should have been selected, as small forwards do not need a warm up run in the SANFL. We desperately need a small forward fit and firing.

Well well well

If this doesn't tell you our club is one the nose over here in Melbourne then nothing will.

Found in Melbourne Terminal 4 this morning.

Someone didn't have the heart to throw it straight into the bin.

Not sure if they left it there for someone else to decide what to do with it, as a gift for someone or more realistically to punish the fool who takes it

Maybe it's the clubs new membership strategy. Lord knows images of the coach won't work and there's no recent successes to sell.

The. End

MR's response to the photo,

it is terrible that Port supporters do not know how to use the recycle bin. Our new club mantra is to recycle... even including rejected players from other clubs.

I would still be extremely surprised to see anything happen after a loss to Richmond. It would be seen as capitulating to the 'outside noise' rather than 'holding steadfast to our plans'. Also, at this point, what real purpose does it server to put Carr in for the rest of the season when most of us here are saying we'll struggle to win 1 or 2 games? So Carr comes in and as expected, he wins 1... maybe 2 games. What did we learn about Carr that helps us decide if he's the man for the future? Not a lot. It's not a long time to turn things around and change a sides mentality. What if he comes in and we win enough to make finals? Is it a sugar hit? Is it sustainable? The only outcome that provides any degree of confidence would be if he came in and we made it to, and won a prelim at minimum. Anything else gives you bugger all. As much as we all want Ken gone, this season is basically shot. Why put the next 5-10 years at risk and compromise your next choice? We only just extended his contract. For us to make that call based on 6 months of non-finals data when we have 10+ years already makes the administration look incompetent.

To answer your points. A loss against Richmond is the lowest point that you can get for a team that was expected to make the 8 and more so the top 4. Currently, the happy clappers are on Ken's side; a lost to Richmond, and he’s lost them. The media can say the club is capitulating to the ‘outside noise’ all they like, but they know that the writing is on the wall for Ken. You need to do your due diligence, so we’ll try Josh sitting in the big chair. We need to put Josh in the hot seat; we won’t know how to set ourselves up for the future otherwise.

Season is slip, slip, slipping away
It's over. We had to win vs Gold Coast to keep ourselves alive and we f'd it up.

Go look at the draw or play around with the ladder predictor. We are stuffed.

It's over. We had to win vs Gold Coast to keep ourselves alive and we f'd it up.

Go look at the draw or play around with the ladder predictor. We are stuffed.

Yep, can see that just in the trend data & historics alone. Rinse and repeat in between contract seasons for Ken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back