Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Well well well

If this doesn't tell you our club is one the nose over here in Melbourne then nothing will.

Found in Melbourne Terminal 4 this morning.

Someone didn't have the heart to throw it straight into the bin.

Not sure if they left it there for someone else to decide what to do with it, as a gift for someone or more realistically to punish the fool who takes it

Maybe it's the clubs new membership strategy. Lord knows images of the coach won't work and there's no recent successes to sell.

The. End

Strategically placed and recently purchased, beanie for photo opportunity.
Possibly even placed there by one of the staff of the souvenir shop that sells AFL merch.

It's as dumb as the new Adelaide Uni logo.

100%

Hence why we choked like a $2 strumpet.

Yeah, it’s pretty funny reading certain Port Twitterati try to massage the Suns game with attempts at bigger picture optimism, as if that trash-heap performance wasn’t as predictable as the cycles of the moon.

How anybody could sit through 2017-2019 and think Hinkley is a genuine asset capable of climbing the mountain will baffle me forever.

He suffered the injury on Sunday. Nothing to do with his lack of interest/effort in previous games.
I don't want to make a big deal out of this and just saw Channel 7 show the tackle where he was injured. Bearing in mind he didn't report soreness until the next day, how do they know that was where the injury occurred and not something he did 2 weeks ago or getting his leg over Sunday night? Or do they just make it up as they go along?

Yeah, it’s pretty funny reading certain Port Twitterati try to massage the Suns game with attempts at bigger picture optimism, as if that trash-heap performance wasn’t as predictable as the cycles of the moon.

How anybody could sit through 2017-2019 and think Hinkley is a genuine asset capable of climbing the mountain will baffle me forever.
Mentally fragile timid performances in important games ad nauseam, no selection integrity whatsoever, returning to tired inept forward structure to accomodate a bearded bollard etc. etc. etc.

Surely you'd be a punnet of blueberries short of a fresh muffin break to even entertain this idiot being successful.

Hinkley put it in the player's minds last Thursday that we were going to lose.

"We will need to be at our absolute best. .... It would be a massive win for us [if by some miracle we actually win]."

A successful coach instills a belief in their players that they can win. Not old loser Daddy Donuts though.
I still can't fathom why he said publicly that finals are scary - just before a qualifying final. No wonder our players choked on the big stage, after our coach and so called mentor fed their minds with that rubbish.

2015-2019 & 2021-2024*

I think there's two different discussions here. What do we think ' should' happen, and what do we think 'will' happen. I don't think there's any relationship between the two at all. The footy landscape was so different last time we sacked a coach, I can't even remember it. The media is a totally different beast, the club is different... How can we talk about what the club 'should' do at all when we shouldn't have even extended him last year when we did and went on to go out in straight sets? There were other coaches in the market too! I just have zero faith in the club reacting to supporter feedback. I dunno, maybe they will. It would be a historic day for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southgate has the self awareness to quit and here we are lumped with a country hick who's will cling on to every dollar like it's his last.
I wonder why England didn't re-sign him before they bottled the final. Can't have the uncertainty leading into it!

Surely it makes sense to lock him in so it wastes the years after that as well.

I think for me I still thought in 2020 and 2021 that Ken definitely didnt add anything, but we might be able to win in spite of him. As in the team might be able to overcome the shit coaching.

Its clear now its impossible though. He brings so much loserism in to everything he touches.

I think for me I still thought in 2020 and 2021 that Ken definitely didnt add anything, but we might be able to win in spite of him. As in the team might be able to overcome the shit coaching.

Its clear now its impossible though. He brings so much loserism in to everything he touches.
Ken Hinkley is the most successful coach in the game ever if we consider only those with an IQ of 65 and below. And yet, he's smarter than Koch, Davies and Richardson combined.

Of course it'll never happen, but we could win a flag, and Hinkley would say at his press conference, "It wasn't a bad win, but I thought we could have won by more. Hopefully we'll learn from those costly errors, and get better next year."

Of course it'll never happen, but we could win a flag, and Hinkley would say at his press conference, "It wasn't a bad win, but I thought we could have won by more. Hopefully we'll learn from those costly errors, and get better next year."
If we won a flag Hinkley would deliver self-indulgent diatribe. He may even start resorting to himself in the third person.

The bigger picture optimism had worn thin when we blew a 2nd season in a row in 2016. Literally every person who still supports Hinkley several years ago said something along the lines of "if he doesn't make the Grand Final next year he'd have to go" and then just abandon that opinion when the club doesn't sack him.

We lost to Brisbane (17th) and Carlton (18th) in 2015.

Losing to Richmond this week wouldn't even be the first time Ken has rolled out a failure against the Wooden spooner.

2015 was the last season we beat the top teams. But it’s also the last season we lost to bottom teams.

From 2016 onwards, Hinkley fully became “Bottom-10 Ken”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back