Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly believe tonight will be the last time Kinkley will coach at Marvel stadium as Port coach.

Apparently Vossy has been absolutely ruthless with our boys at training this week. He is pissed.

Wouldn't surprise me if we blitzed you with 8 or 9 goal opening quarter.
Killaaaaaaaaa.. Bring on the onslaught.

I honestly believe tonight will be the last time Kinkley will coach at Marvel stadium as Port coach.

Apparently Vossy has been absolutely ruthless with our boys at training this week. He is pissed.

Wouldn’t surprise us either friend so cool 😎

Wouldn't surprise us either because we've shit the bed every time there has been a chance for us to win against a good team and consolidate a spot in top 4/8.

I doubt it will have much to do with Vossy's "ruthless" week on the track or the mighty Blues juggernaut.

Not sure where blue fans get their swagger from, you guys have been a joke for the majority of the last 3 decades and for all the hype this year you are only one win ahead of our team that has been fckn hopeless.

The Port admin is so pathetic that Kenny will happily walk away in a few weeks with all of next year's money. I suspect he's asked for it already. "Youse don't understand the pressure I'm under, being Daddy to 40 young men."

The nationwide search for a coach will end with Josh Carr, and that does not fill me with glee or optimism.
I don't get why so many are quick to write off Josh Carr without even giving him a chance.

And it's not like we are the first club to ever select a senior coach from within, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Longmire and Goodwin became premiership coaches within a few years of their internal appointments and Sam Mitchell appears to be tracking well too.

I've been following these threads for years now and have only very occasionally piped up. But after reading however many pages since Simpson's sacking in the west, I've got one question that's admittedly based on a very unlikely hypothetical.

How would you respond if Hinkley DOES go to West Coast and he gets them to a Grand Final (or even wins a premiership) before Port do?
I have thought the same. Unlikely as it would be, would it be money influencing results?

Seriously, I am continuously amazed by the lack of awareness of x-Port players
Hey I didn’t ask him if he was, didn’t have time I had to leave urgently. When sharing the story an employee said he was, happy to be corrected

I don't get why so many are quick to write off Josh Carr without even giving him a chance.

And it's not like we are the first club to ever select a senior coach from within, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Longmire and Goodwin became premiership coaches within a few years of their internal appointments and Sam Mitchell appears to be tracking well too.
Less about Carr, more about the ongoing trend of internal appointments to numerous roles in recent years, whether promoting football personnel (like the last two high performance manager appointments) or gifting jobs to ex port players.

Hey I didn’t ask him if he was, didn’t have time I had to leave urgently. When sharing the story an employee said he was, happy to be corrected
4 x Magpies premiership player in the 70's-80's. I know Andy reasonably well. His wife and my partner used to work together, so the wider social group catch up every so often. Big Ken defender and was a huge Bruce advocate before the board election.

He's a great guy, but I must admit I prefer the conversations with that group, all Port fans, steer away from footy as I cannot agree with their viewpoints.

Last edited:
Less about Carr, more about the ongoing trend of internal appointments to numerous roles in recent years, whether promoting football personnel (like the last two high performance manager appointments) or gifting jobs to ex port players.
Not so much that they're Port players but Port players that have achieved or experienced zero success both personally and as a team eg Hartlett, Lobbe, Sutcliffe. These three are just Hinkley's mates and should not hold any type of coaching roles with the AFL team. Do the hard yards as development coaches with the sanfl players and young recruits. Hartlett coaching the Maggie's is just taking the pi55.

Wouldn't surprise us either because we've shit the bed every time there has been a chance for us to win against a good team and consolidate a spot in top 4/8.

I doubt it will have much to do with Vossy's "ruthless" week on the track or the mighty Blues juggernaut.

Not sure where blue fans get their swagger from, you guys have been a joke for the majority of the last 3 decades and for all the hype this year you are only one win ahead of our team that has been fckn hopeless.
Agreed. Carlton arnt that good, will get wiped off the park in September

He hasn't been on 5aa all year I don't think.
I don't see what that matters.

For 5AA to put out a tweet that Hinkley was scheduled to be on air, when he hadn't been on all year, and then have it deleted reeks of petulant refusal.

Maybe if he treated Whateley the same we wouldn't be subjected to his limp-wristed verbal lashings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5df10d929081b97d3caac39351fdbdfe.gif

He’s not going tonight but with all their outs we were, on paper, a chance to win this which would have put a spaner in the works.

Loss here, Syd next week and we’re well and truly done

Just think... if the club had some balls a few weeks ago and sacked him after the Brisbane game... the players tonight might actually have some belief that they can win, and some freedom to play good footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back