Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Port friends,
I know this is the sack Hinkley thread (so good by the way), but Ken has been nothing short of a hero this week.

Giving it to those Hawthorn sooks was legendary. AFL fining him is a disgrace.

Hope you go all the way and sign him for another ten years.
You were doing fine until the last bit.

Punishing us (well, him) for ruining the Hawthorn Vic fairytale which they so desperately tried to get over the line.
If we somehow beat the Cats in the GF, they'll suddenly decide it's a best of 3 series :).

Actual cannot believe the AFL has fined the club 20k for Hinkley having a lighthearted crack at another player.

The games up the creek.....but no no AFL, you keep being our moral arbiters from your ivory tower while raking in gambling money.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And their corrupt drugs program. How they got away with running a black market testing program & then reporting players who tested positive as injured is beyond my comprehension. It's criminal behaviour. Then there's Dillion blatantly lying to everyone about what happened in the Petracca incident. Should have been sacked on the spot. They are such a corrupt, disgusting organisation with way too much power.

Credit to Ginnivan - he motivated Port to play well in a final. Something Hinkley hasn't been able to do in years
Yep Hawks were so dumb in how they approached the whole game.

Port are an emotion driven team. Geelong showed the blueprint in how you demolish that. You shut the **** up pre-game, you focus on the ball, and you just let us get lost chasing until we rollover. Hawks decided to chat before the game, then went the niggle on gameday. All that does is wake us up.

If you look at the showdown history with Adelaide - the last 4 showdowns have literally gone: Port chats shit pre-game, loses, Port chats shit pre-game, loses, Port chats shit pre-game, loses, Tingles chat shit pre-game, and lose. Just don't get involved in this crap if you want to beat us.

If Sicily scores, and in the walk-off Mitchell says the same to young innocent JHF, how much would his fine have been?

Yeah, I though so too :rolleyes:
What if?

We do know, IN THIS REALITY, Mitchell congratulated Kenny, while Kenny turned around and taunted Mitchell's player.

What kind of coach, what kind of MAN, is too frightened to confront a colleague?

Kenny the Coward rears his ugly head.

Does it go further back than the Leigh Matthew's king hit drive by on a completely unsuspecting geebung player when the ball was in a different post code?
I'm 56 yo so I can only vouch for the 70s and on, but it was very much alive in the 70s and I have heard stories going back to the 50s. The incident you refer to was mid 1985. A lot of the angst from Geelong's side has to do with the consistent poor umpiring calls that have cost us games over a long period of time such as Hendrie's ' goal ' in 1978 at Kardinia Park that completely changed direction after hitting Jack Hawkins' fist and cost us the double chance, Dunstall's 3 free kicks straight in front ( and the last one a 15m penalty ) from staging in time on in the last quarter of the last game of 1987 that cost us the win and fifth place, Dunstall again from a staging free on the siren that cost us the 1988 night premiership, countless cheap charity goals in the early part of the 1989 GF after Yeates flattened Brereton and the umpires tried to control the aggression Geelong were showing by overpenalising any physical act, and so on and so on. There's also been a few acts of thuggery besides the Matthews one as well - Geelong were referred to as the ' Handbaggers ' in my youth and Hawthorn used to love dishing out a lot of cheap off the ball stuff to our outside players like Bright, Witcombe etc.

I was thinking that it could've been a calculated move to get the white noise on board. Nothing unites people more than a common enemy. You can see by the reactions from Ken sceptics in this forum that it worked to some extent.
I don't speak for every Ken skeptic but I've always been of the belief of calling everything as it is.

The facts are that Ken probably should have been focused on the next week but he was just returning serve to a disrespectful attack on the club and I'm largely fine with that. I also think its ridiculous for Ken to get fined and Sicily and Ginnivan to get off scot-free and think its part of a larger issue where we try to sanitise everything in society rather than just allowing some conflict and letting people be themselves.

That doesn't change the fact that at this point for Ken to justify his tenure and all the crap we've been through, like co-captains, gambling syndicates, lack of standing up for fans and members etc, he would basically have to win 2-3 flags this year. I'm still very much on the Ken out wagon, even if we win the grand final by 118 (if we win by 120 he can stay).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the AFL has fined Ken 20k while the person who started it all, is free to post what he likes on social media. Maybe I missed the AFL sanction on Ginnivan? Typical viccentric AFL.

Not often I have sympathy for Hinkley but this time around he has been shafted.

You also missed the sanction on Sicily who if he had shut the frig up would not have inflamed the situation.

Then he proudly says he has his team mate's back whether they're right or wrong. Interesting. So if your team mate bashed his girlfriend you would support him? Rightly or wrongly? The guy is an idiot.

The Hawks players missed their opportunity to remind Hinkley that he has never won a premiership at AFL level and never will and he's going to be remembered as the longest serving coach without a GF appearance. Also they could of said enjoy your last game as coach in the prelim, cry baby Ken.

What was the deal with all of the players putting their hands on their waists after Kenny took a crack at Ginnivan.

It almost ruined the moment because they looked like they were giving support to Hinkley but in a Village People kinda way.

You can't stop the Snapchat
Nobody can stop the Snapchat

Hinkley's fine was complete BS, and Ginnivan was (and is) a dickhead, but you can't fine him for posting "See you in a fortnight" on social media.

You don't fix stupid decisions by adding more stupid decisions.

You could fine Sicily whose actions exponentially inflamed the situation, despite several of his own team mates telling him to let it go (Impey and D'Ambrosio the most obvious).

What if?

We do know, IN THIS REALITY, Mitchell congratulated Kenny, while Kenny turned around and taunted Mitchell's player.

What kind of coach, what kind of MAN, is too frightened to confront a colleague?

Your players are a ****ing laughing stock, ask any other club supporter.

Ford Fairlane
Should we start a Go Fund Me Page
Help pay Kens $20,000 dollar fine.

New York No GIF by HULU

What if?

I thought you guys were unsociable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back