Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

From last night's team of 23 there were 7 who have made an All-Australian side, 1 Brownlow medalist and 1 Brownlow runner up.

• Dixon
  • DBJ
  • Wines
  • Boak
  • Butters
  • Rozee
  • Aliir

I get that some of these players are well past their best - but let's not act like they're bloody scrubbers who wouldn't get games at other top teams in the comp.

This list of course doesn't include Dan Houston (multiple All-Oz selections), JHF (selected in this year's All-Oz top 40) and Mitch Georgiades (40 goals on the year from just 18 games).

Anyone saying that Ken doesn't have the cattle is a flat out idiot.
We do have the top tier talent mate and I don't think the list is as big an issue as people make it out to be.

But there are questions marks on our "bottom 5" players in the 23.

People like McEntee, F Evans, Narkle, Mead, Esava, Dixon, even Burton at times this year (had a decent game yesterday tho), would these guys really get in at any other finals teams?

Probably harsh on Mead, I think overall he's had a decent year but I don't think he'll be anything more than solid depth who can play a role if injuries arise.

The "Ken doesn't have the cattle" argument is just so laughable. Fact is, you could go through every premiership team of the last 30 years and find a mix of A-Grade talent and honest toilers or role players. No club on earth will ever go out there with 22 A'-Graders. It simply isn't possible with such a thin pool of elite talent nation-wide. It's the good coaches who turn those honest toilers into premiership role players that complement their stars. That is what separates those coaches from the Hinkley's of the world. Hinkley has more than enough elite talent at his disposal, and has had so over the entirety of his tenure. He's simply found wanting when it comes to managing the players who require the most management, plain and simple.
Frampton won a flag. I love him, but ****, that just illustrates that it isn’t all about the cattle. Apparently surplus to our needs yet played a vital role in a premiership team.

We do have the top tier talent mate and I don't think the list is as big an issue as people make it out to be.

But there are questions marks on our "bottom 5" players in the 23.

People like McEntee, F Evans, Narkle, Mead, Esava, Dixon, even Burton at times this year (had a decent game yesterday tho), would these guys really get in at any other finals teams?
Geelongs starting ruck and most of their midfield wouldn't get a game for Port. and they won the midfield and the game by 100 points

PSA that the match next week may be the final chance you get to really yell and boo at Ken before he goes.

actually great that he is gonna meet his end at home so we can sing heyyyy goodbye.

Almost worth the price of admission.
They should sell premium booing tickets right near the interchange bench. Might actually make some revenue that way

Geelongs starting ruck and most of their midfield wouldn't get a game for Port. and they won the midfield and the game by 100 points
I'm not shying away from Ken being the issue haha I hate his coaching just as much as the next guy.

My point was more so that under a new coach, we still need that part of the list to be fixed

Pump our team up instead of our opposition kern that's your problem ffs always dribbling shit finals are scary, someone's got to lose, we will learn from this wah wah wah WHEN THEN ??!!
WHEN ARE WE GOING TO LEARN !!
it's a loser mentality and its been 12 years
we can all see the problem and its always the same our players undoubtedly have talent the problem is its all in the players heads the self doubt everyone on this forum deep down knew that last nights result was probably coming not to that extent but we knew that we can't trust our team you had 40,000+ supporters spending their hard earned money to attend and witness that woeful shit Russell Ebert would be turning in his grave right now
Do us a favour port and give your fans something to be proud of atleast try and if its to much to ask f*#k off and let someone else play who wants a chance

Frampton won a flag. I love him, but ****, that just illustrates that it isn’t all about the cattle. Apparently surplus to our needs yet played a vital role in a premiership team.

You cannot judge a list by one or two players. If you have 16-18 really good performers playing to a well oiled and successful game plan you can always carry a struggler or two. Our list is basically OK although we lack a go to goal kicking forward. I thought Marshall might have been the man and Mitch Georgiades might yet be but we are not there yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not shying away from Ken being the issue haha I hate his coaching just as much as the next guy.

My point was more so that under a new coach, we still need that part of the list to be fixed

Every Premiership team in the history of the universe has had ~4-7 absolute duds play. Yet the difference between our current list and those teams, is that the coach actually, you know, COACHED.

They all fit in to a system that was larger than the sum of its parts, which then allowed the stars of the team to shine.

458415526_838004755142559_3180796690749503936_n.jpg

That's pretty. I like the use of different sizes and materials.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back