Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely a cult. It's all about Kenny Hinkley.

The players play for Kenny and not for the club. The CEO has said that the club fears an exodus of players when Kenny leaves.

This is what the club that sacked a club legend in Russell Ebert, didn't renew the contract of club legend Jack Cahill and sacked its only AFL flag winning coach in Mark Williams has become. None of those greats were bigger than the club but under the current management we are the Port Adelaide Football Club in name only. It's all about Kenny Hinkley. :mad:
Hinkley has been allowed to wield power without much accountability.

All coaches have their favourite but good coaches only play the best players. You have to hand it to Longmire not playing a couple of veteran midfielders. If you look at a player like Josh Sinn or Anastasopoulos and you're watching McEntee, Fevans and Narkle getting games and not doing a lot, you just wonder. If Boak goes around again on the wing after that turnover game against the Swans, what does Lorenzz think?

There must have been times on the weekend when a midfielder had the ball in hand and was streaming forward and wanted to find a player on the lead but knows he had to bomb it long knowing the ball pretty much was going to come back out. What a smart player like Butters or the Hornet think of that? It actually underutilises the skills of those guys who can and want to show out.

I'm disappointed but I think embarrassed is a bit of a stretch. There's about 10 teams that have consistently been worse than us over this period.
And yet most of those clubs (including the Crows) have played in at least 1 grand final since our last 1 in 2007. What would you prefer - finish mid table on a consistent basis, or just once, watch your team playing for the ultimate prize? I know which one I'd prefer, and it's not the football purgatory that we've become accustomed to.

From personal experience a large proportion of the population struggle with thinking let alone thinking critically.
I'll second that. We are living in a society where reliance on inanimate objects and Orwellian rules has eradicated all manner of common sense and accountability. What an erudite observer tagged as ' sheeple '.

You're all depressing me this morning. Chewy316 said nothing, more than likely, will come out this week. Have faith, be it blind or not!!
It's similar to watching our team going into finals, so we prepare for disappointment and as far as removing this cockroach, it has proven to be a task much to difficult for the idiots running the show.

I've gotten used to having a laugh saying to myself, just typical of Port.
It's better than the roller coaster ride and then being disappointed.

If he leaves it will be a surprise and a massive bonus.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been posted already (I'm a couple of days behind on the thread) - I did some deep dive into Hinkley's Finals Record after our totally predictable finals 'effort' on Friday... ANd this in itself should be enough to throw the fraud out

Since Ken took over - 15 of the 18 clubs have made Prelim Finals (only ones missing a Prelim are St Kilda - Essendon - Gold Coast)

Of those 15 - 12 have made at least one GF (only ones missing are Carlton - one Final series - Nth Melbourne - two finals series and us - 7!!!! )

Even worse - we look at Top 4 - NO OTHER SIDE in the entire time Ken has been at Port has failed to make at least one Grand final after finishing Top 4 in this period... Except Hinkley who has now done it 4(!!) times. No other side that have played more than 2 Prelims have failed to make a Grand Final (Nth played two and lost 2 but finished out of Top 4 both times in the minor round) - except our mastermind

This stat alone should convince those in charge that this man simply is not going to do it and is destroying our talent with his god-awful selections and game-plan

I am sure the people in charge of making the decision - every one of them - know Hinkley is not the answer.. but I also am just as sure that collectively they lack the courage to get rid of him and would take another year of failure over the backlash from the Hinkley Happy Clappers and the Vic media who want Hinkley there forever because it means Port aren't a genuine threat while his feet are under the desk

The last para I find intriguing. I am very surprised but grateful that you have posted the content you currently have, its given me hope although I still remain concerned. But my mind asks the question - who is setting these limits because it is a dangerous game & why are you being allowed to update us with a fair amount of detail. I don't expect you to answer this but it has my head spinning.

My limits are self imposed.
Last decade I worked for 4 years as a columnist for a Las Vegas sports news network primarily writing opinion pieces with the odd "news" story included. That gave me the experience of working with different sources, knowing what to say and how to say it without compromising the source's identity.

So that's pretty much what I do here.
Provided the information I gather can't be traced back to one person (or a very small group of people), that info is largely fair game. But then it's also about not giving so much info away that other teams can get a competitive advantage.

There's also the ethics factor in play here. For instance, with delistings, sackings etc, the players/coaches/admin team (ie the individual) has to be notified first. No one should find out via a media source that they're losing their job.

You might think I post a lot, reality is I probably only post about 10% of what I am told. I already have a massive filter on things.

Take the Corridor
to the exit door

and don't let the doorknob hit ya
where the good lord split ya

an internal decision by Friday with it made official on Monday would be perfect, it's done in the aftermath of the GF so it gets lost in all that hub-bub

and the Bell Park Ballsack gets an empty box to pack as a birthday present

interesting, i've heard quite the opposite from a reliable source
I doubt your source is reliable.

West Coast would have to be crazy to sack a premiership winning coach and replace him with a coach that in 12 seasons has failed to make the Grand Final. Their CEO has made the AFL Grand Final more times than Hinkley.

I also can't see a club in rebuild mode going for a coach as old as Hinkley. I'm not being ageist here as I am older than Hinkley but the fact is that at 58 years old he'd probably be looking to retire in two to three years. People have commented on how much the job has aged him and in recent times he has appeared to be struggling mentally. If I'd been earning the type of coin Hinkley's been on I would have retired as soon as I turned 60. So he's not going to be there for even a medium term rebuild. The premiership winning coach they sacked is 10 years younger than Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it wouldnt surprise me at all if Ken sends his manager to the club saying he wants at least an extra year added to his contract in order to coach to the best of his ability and end speculation going into next year. The reason why he would do this is to wedge the club, he either gets a extra year and he's laughing himself to sleep every night or what i suspect might happen is he quit's the club saying they the club didnt back him and in the process gives himself the appearence of being a coaching great and the club didnt stand by him so it was only the right thing to do and leave.

remember this guy is the ultimate narcissist and manipulator.

Oh those two old guys on the Muppets
Both of them hate Port so their opinions mean nothing - Cornes is permanently scarred by Port making mincemeat of Glenelg regularly and KG for Port daring to enter the AFL. Here's a story about Cunningham - told to me by someone in the studio at the time it happened - when Ken was Sports presenter on 9 he previewed a Port AFL match and predicted Port in a tight match - went to commercials - and KG said "and I hope you get belted by 10 goals.." - He's always hated us

Listened to the latest ABC AFL Daily episode. Paul Roos gave a fair assessment, essentially not buying into the "list isn't good enough" sentiment. Was refreshing to hear.

it wouldnt surprise me at all if Ken sends his manager to the club saying he wants at least an extra year added to his contract in order to coach to the best of his ability and end speculation going into next year. The reason why he would do this is to wedge the club, he either gets a extra year and he's laughing himself to sleep every night or what i suspect might happen is he quit's the club saying they the club didnt back him and in the process gives himself the appearence of being a coaching great and the club didnt stand by him so it was only the right thing to do and leave.

remember this guy is the ultimate narcissist and manipulator.
I suspect that even those fans who want him for another year would shirk at extending him again now.

Campo's assessment on the AA broadcast of the game was great. He wasn't buying into the 'list not good enough' thing either. He laid the whole debacle squarely at the foot of the coach and the ball movement. He was also scathing of the fact Ken has spent the past 18 months on the pine - "get up to the coaches box and do some coaching".

I've really warmed to Campo's analysis this year. Sees the game well. Would be an asset to any coaching group IMO.

My limits are self imposed.
Last decade I worked for 4 years as a columnist for a Las Vegas sports news network primarily writing opinion pieces with the odd "news" story included. That gave me the experience of working with different sources, knowing what to say and how to say it without compromising the source's identity.

So that's pretty much what I do here.
Provided the information I gather can't be traced back to one person (or a very small group of people), that info is largely fair game. But then it's also about not giving so much info away that other teams can get a competitive advantage.

There's also the ethics factor in play here. For instance, with delistings, sackings etc, the players/coaches/admin team (ie the individual) has to be notified first. No one should find out via a media source that they're losing their job.

You might think I post a lot, reality is I probably only post about 10% of what I am told. I already have a massive filter on things.
Thanks man , really appreciate it.

Campo's assessment on the AA broadcast of the game was great. He wasn't buying into the 'list not good enough' thing either. He laid the whole debacle squarely at the foot of the coach and the ball movement. He was also scathing of the fact Ken has spent the past 18 months on the pine - "get up to the coaches box and do some coaching".

I've really warmed to Campo's analysis this year. Sees the game well. Would be an asset to any coaching group IMO.
I have agreed with almost everything he's said this year .. he's been as hard on the crows as he has us and no bullshit
Should get a gig for someone for sure.

Listened to the latest ABC AFL Daily episode. Paul Roos gave a fair assessment, essentially not buying into the "list isn't good enough" sentiment. Was refreshing to hear.

Roots of Fitzroy and south Melbourne... What a load of wank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back