Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

What a special guy we have as the "FIGUREHEAD" Such a man of self-professed honesty, integrity, bravity.
Here are some quotes from honest, brave, Ken, the figurehead:
"Disappointing, clearly."
"What do we learn from this game?"
"Move forward quickly."
"I always deal in facts."
"We have to move the group forward quickly."
"How do they feel about that?"
" It's a group. It's about our coaching group. It's about our playing group. It's about our footy club."
"It's not...... I GET THAT IT FALLS BACK TO THE HEAD COACH IN SOME WAYS."
"We've always said, this is all of us doing this."
"It's not one individual but there's a figurehead, and for me, I sit in that spot."
"I work really hard to give the best results we can possibly get."

This is the person who the Port Adelaide Football Club has employed and paid millions of dollars for twelve years to be a "figurehead". This moron. This charlatan. This grifter.
That figurehead comment last night, what a croc of shit he has been the one common thread through these disastrous finals campaigns and he sticks with these players who continually let us down they are HIS decisions.

This lad went the early crow RIGHT BEFORE THE GAME.

A screenshot of this post for the record, in case he deletes it:

screenshot.jpg

That guy said:
Port Adelaide fans who were calling for the sacking of coach Ken Hinkley only two months ago have egg on their faces.

After the round 15 loss to Brisbane, Power fans were irate. They were calling for Hinkley to be sacked immediately. They were leaving demands outside the Alberton training base urging for his termination.

But the club and the coach stuck it through. Despite the scrutiny, he continued to work hard and maintained healthy relationships with his players, who responded.

Unfortunately, his finals record is often held against him, but people forget how hard it is to make finals in the first instance. Just ask the other 10 clubs who aren’t playing this week. I’m sure they wish they were competing in the finals. They wish they had a chance to fight it out and achieve premiership glory.

Players say it’s often harder to win preliminary finals than it is to win a Grand Final. Often preliminary finals are the toughest game they play all year.

Those fans who wanted to topple the coach owe him an apology. They have egg on their faces, but suddenly they’ve gone quiet and are nowhere to be found.

It's amazing that we are the only one's that see it, or maybe others know it but choose not to see it.
I think everyone sees it, but we're the only ones that care. The Vic media is happy for us to fail consistently, the AFL likes our ability to be competitive except when it matters and our board sees the financials and slaps itself on the back.

It is absolutely staggering after having some real form going into the finals this team just turns into jelly. It is what this club has become and what we are known for. We rely on way too few to win games. The complete lack of leadership or competitiveness was frightening from the very first minute until the last. They ain’t recovering from this too many bang average players in that side.
You don't finish 2nd with bang average players though.

You fail in finals when your coach puts it in players minds that finals are hard. He planted a seed and it constantly sprouts

What a special guy we have as the "FIGUREHEAD" Such a man of self-professed honesty, integrity, bravity.
Here are some quotes from honest, brave, Ken, the figurehead:
"Disappointing, clearly."
"What do we learn from this game?"
"Move forward quickly."
"I always deal in facts."
"We have to move the group forward quickly."
"How do they feel about that?"
" It's a group. It's about our coaching group. It's about our playing group. It's about our footy club."
"It's not...... I GET THAT IT FALLS BACK TO THE HEAD COACH IN SOME WAYS."
"We've always said, this is all of us doing this."
"It's not one individual but there's a figurehead, and for me, I sit in that spot."
"I work really hard to give the best results we can possibly get."

This is the person who the Port Adelaide Football Club has employed and paid millions of dollars for twelve years to be a "figurehead". This moron. This charlatan. This grifter.
There's so much stuff I hate in the press conference but the one that really gets my goat is the "we learn from our mistakes" bit. If we take him on his word (which why would you? But for the purposes of this let's just do it) then the "learnings" he has taken from his failures have been more failures. He looked at a massive home final prelim final capitulation and "learned" how to have an even bigger home final capitulation 3 years later. He makes the same mistakes over and over again. Whatever he is "learning", he's either not addressing correctly (a coaching fail) or failing to pass on to the team (an even bigger coaching fail).

I can't stand it

Much as I want to believe in the WCE fairytale, why on earth would any of their board think it was a good idea?
Could be that they were waiting to see how Hinkley went in his finals campaign before making a decision.
Going by last nights performance he won't be getting a phone call any time soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I just absolutely loathe this "it's the players" angle the media keep running with.

After 12 seasons, multiple lists, the same issues keep arising. Blind freddy can see that whatever the constant is, is the issue.

If last night was an exception then you can maybe make that case that players bear responsibility, but last night is more the rule for us, and there's 1 person who's overseen it all time and time again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well it's about time the players stand up to Hinkley while he throws them under the bus again.
That is not a team doing it for the coach, the message is loud and clear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back