Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken Hinkley should be called a Choker from now on just like Williams was.

Ring up, text, email, radio, tv, newspaper and other media and call him Choker Hinkley.

I wish this was just a choke, but far-ken-hell, this is next level!

Yeah even though some individuals had absolute stinkers, last night wasn't a personnel issue.

Drew, Wines, and JHF dominated clearances from the on-ballers, but it was the spare from Geelong that killed us - Bowes, Holmes, Mannagh and those types getting those vital post-stoppage clearances and just cutting us to shreds with their ball movement and running.

We kept with our normal style of playing the corridor, but did so without any conviction or damage. So yeah, Dixon and Rat absolutely sucked, but long bombs to the head of Blicavs and Kolo just waiting around as the spare destroyed any confidence we had to attack.

Conversely, Geelong kept changing the angles and utilised the spare around the ball to perfection and left our defensive shape in tatters.

Last night was just a massive smashing from Chris Scott.

2 way gut running with pace all night long. No skill in that.

Ken Hinkley should be called a Choker from now on just like Williams was.

Ring up, text, email, radio, tv, newspaper and other media and call him Choker Hinkley.
Everyone go down to your local BDSM store, buy up their stock of donut-themed chokers, and pelt AO with them during next week's NTUA.

How did Arsenal go in Wenger's last 14 League seasons and go and watch Arsenal Fan TV when he was in charge. Then come back and talk.
No, don't be an idiot.

Ken has won NOTHING. You cannot selectively ignore one man's achievements to make a silly comparison. In it's entireity, there is no comparison to the Hinkley era at Port in professional sport.

Go take in to account everything then come back and say the same thing with a straight face.

Cassisi started to finally wake up after the Showdown loss earlier this year. Has been quite critical and asking pertinent questions of and to Ken in footy committee meetings, specifically about setup structures and how they would adapt in the latter half of the season.

Ken actually struggled to answer some of these outside of saying that (paraphrasing) "things will look different."
the-castle-the-vibe.gif

How did Arsenal go in Wenger's last 14 League seasons and go and watch Arsenal Fan TV when he was in charge. Then come back and talk.
Last 14 is a stretch. From 2005 onwards he was having to sell his best players every year to help fund the new stadium. Despite that, he kept the club in the top 4 with almost zero transfer budget. It wasn't until 2011/12 that he finally was able to start bringing some big name players back in, and from there on you could probably say was when he overstayed his welcome.

Keeping Arsenal in the top 4 with the players he had was incredible and not even comparable to what Port have been through under Hinkley.

Hinkley can't get the mindset right (and never has) re finals.

We seem to be happy to finish the home and away season well and job done.

Parade down Port Road coming soon.

Also at what point does Hinkley go ('maybe I just can't get it done') - and do the right thing here - where has that gone from society, it's all about $ and ego.

Yeah even though some individuals had absolute stinkers, last night wasn't a personnel issue.

Drew, Wines, and JHF dominated clearances from the on-ballers, but it was the spare from Geelong that killed us - Bowes, Holmes, Mannagh and those types getting those vital post-stoppage clearances and just cutting us to shreds with their ball movement and running.

We kept with our normal style of playing the corridor, but did so without any conviction or damage. So yeah, Dixon and Rat absolutely sucked, but long bombs to the head of Blicavs and Kolo just waiting around as the spare destroyed any confidence we had to attack.

Conversely, Geelong kept changing the angles and utilised the spare around the ball to perfection and left our defensive shape in tatters.

Last night was just a massive smashing from Chris Scott.
By the way this is exactly what I wrote about pre-game for those of you think that I am saying, that last night was a personnel issue. I want to re-iterate that Hinkley was completely out-coached as usual and should be sacked.

I have more chance of having another baby at 43 than this happening.
I have more chance of having a baby than this happening and I'm a man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone go down to your local BDSM store, buy up their stock of donut-themed chokers, and pelt AO with them during next week's NTUA.
You actually would have to give a ****
to actually go next week. Just lining the coffers of the afl and SMA. The players won’t show up so why the **** would you bother?

I don't understand how ken has NO shame walking into Alberton after historical losses like that .. I could never show my face , so embarrassing. It'd be the same feeling rocking up to work on a Monday morning after embarrassing yourself with your pants down at a Christmas party
The self entitled grandiose ego this man has is astounding and his cult followers are even more embarrassing losers.

Scott went into detail of how they gameplanned and balanced the risk/reward in his post game conference.

Geelong's coaching and setup appears to be that of a level of US/European sports.

This was the main thing that worried me, going into this game.

Scott's thorough planning, ability to answer questions in interviews, and strategically NOT answer some, that are too revelatory, and his track record, all engendering their players with confidence, opposed to:

Hinkley's apparent thorough lack of planning, inability to answer questions in interviews, and his track record, all engendering our players with a lack of confidence.

Like most of us I had stupid blind hope, but with a gnawing Balrog of doubt in the back of my mind.

Don't you guys realise that it's not the SANFL anymore? You can't win the premiership every year. Sheesh!

Obviously a facetious post but it warrants a reply. No one is expecting to win them all but we are also not expecting to get annihilated on our own paddock. This was written many years ago but still applies...

1725585443422.png

I would hate to think that last night's effort will ever become part of an unenviable PAFC tradition but if Hinkley, Koch & Co hang around for long enough it just might. That should worry you as much as it worries the rest of us.

Foster would be turning in his grave.

This was the main thing that worried me, going into this game.

Scott's thorough planning, ability to answer questions in interviews, and strategically NOT answer some, that are too revelatory, and his track record, all engendering their players with confidence, opposed to:

Hinkley's apparent thorough lack of planning, inability to answer questions in interviews, and his track record, all engendering our players with a lack of confidence.

Like most of us I had stupid blind hope, but with a gnawing Balrog of doubt in the back of my mind.
You have absolutely nailed it.

I don't understand how ken has NO shame walking into Alberton after historical losses like that .. I could never show my face , so embarrassing. It'd be the same feeling rocking up to work on a Monday morning after embarrassing yourself with your pants down at a Christmas party
The self entitled grandiose ego this man has is astounding and his cult followers are even more embarrassing losers.

The problem is that people who populate the PAFC these days have no connection with the past. The chalkie in me wants the Coach and the playing group to write the PAFC Creed out 10,000 times and memorise it verbatim. Stuff that club song let these blokes recite the creed before every match and live up to it.

Geez I am pissed off with the shite that is going down at Alberton these days.

I am in the mood for a protest march to the steps of the PAFC HQ at Alberton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back