Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn fans should be chanting "Hinkley's at the wheel".

Hawthorn fans should be chanting….

In the tune of Man City fan chant of Old Trafford is falling down

Port Adelaide are falling down

du du du du du du

Hinkley is a fücking clown

du du du du du du

Kochie staying 10 more years

du du du du du du

The Hawks are on the beers!

du du du du du du

Last edited:
This explains it ... We will set the record as the first one of the 12 to lose it.

View attachment 2107190

Not buying it.

Straight sets have become the rule since 2014. Most of those cases are prior to that. The exception is Geelong in 2017 (lost to RIC; beat SYD).

Since 2014
  • overall, QF losers have won 11 times, while EF winners have won 9.
  • the best-seeded team lost a QF 5 times. They are 3-2 in SF. Both losses are the last ones: 2019 (BRI), 2022 (MEL).
  • only in 2017 and 2020, no team went out in straight sets.
  • in 2014, both QF losers did it.
  • QF results seem to have no impact on the SF.

So, it's basically a coin toss.

Last edited:

Great mentality he’s installed down at the club…

“Former Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has revealed that Port Adelaide is "overwhelmed" by the thought of playing at home again in 2024 following its 84-point qualifying final loss to Geelong.

Speaking on Nine's Eddie and Jimmypodcast, McGuire said he had been told on good authority that the Power is worried about playing another home final.

"I spoke to a senior Port Adelaide person and it was very interesting their mindset," he said.

"They're hoping they can win this weekend against Hawthorn because then they don't have to go back to Adelaide.

"The feeling is that what's big and green and has power, Adelaide Oval in September, it's got into their heads.”
This is what happens when you turn on the fans and take potshots at them, rather thn drawing energy from them.

I think the die has been cast ... Assuming we dont make and/or win the grand final, Ken Hinkley will be released from his contract after our last match of the season.

So, if the word coming out of WA is true, and the Eagles are interested in him, then a win over Hawthorn would be the perfect audition for the job.

So, I am starting to lose that conflict of interest, and am hoping for a win. We lose against the Swans the game after, and Hinkley can ride off into the WA sunset with his reputation still half intact.

Nah sack the campaigner

The main aspect of a Top 4 team getting pumped in the first week of finals and then winning the next week is usually to do with the quality of opposition.

Top 4 sides are obviously much better than the sides that in the bottom half of the Top 8 and that is usually the case but the Hawks are the in form side of the competition and they will not be easybeats, in fact, they could humiliate us.

The main aspect of a Top 4 team getting pumped in the first week of finals and then winning the next week is usually to do with the quality of opposition.

Top 4 sides are obviously much better than the sides that in the bottom half of the Top 8 and that is usually the case but the Hawks are the in form side of the competition and they will not be easybeats, in fact, they could humiliate us.

Again, flip our result against them (they were 11 pts ahead with less than 30” to go), and they would be 2nd.

I'm predicting tears from "Kenny" the salesman after the game win or lose..
Look at me...I'm the victim.

Guaranteed Donuts will appear on Fox Footy (paid interview of course) where he releases the crocodile tears saying how nasty Port Adelaide supporters are,
how Adelaide is a fishbowl and they don’t take to Victorians

Guaranteed Donuts will appear on Fox Footy (paid interview of course) where he releases the crocodile tears saying how nasty Port Adelaide supporters are,
how Adelaide is a fishbowl and they don’t take to Victorians
Only if it’s a female interviewer for maximum effect. Bookmark it.

Txt...."isn't Ken responsible for the development of the lists?"

Rucc...."and he's kept Port Adelaide relevant for over a decade"

Ahhhh relevance, who needs premierships when you can have relevance!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just keep changing the goal posts Rucci so you can remain employed, or should I say relevant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you think about it. The club would be really stupid to keep this loser employed.
Imagine having a poor season next year with the Crows passing us, only to have stickers, booing and Hinkley's job the topic dominating the media news. Not smart.
For Donuts himself there is nothing to gain but a year of embarrassment and mocking, when maybe he could con 3 years at WC.
It's a win win for both parties.

The fact that he gets to stay or go depending on winning 1 game is bloody ridiculous and weak by Port, it should only be a premiership that keeps him, he's had more than a fair go.

Sack Hinkley.

Damo has an article that basically says that Hinkley is gone if we lose this week and that his tenure of 12 years is due to Scott and Hardwick winning premierships in the 8th year and everyone including Port thinking winning a flag is nothing more than a waiting game.

Koch, Hinkley, Davies and Richardson are the Four Cancers of the club that must be gone.

I think the die has been cast ... Assuming we dont make and/or win the grand final, Ken Hinkley will be released from his contract after our last match of the season.

So, if the word coming out of WA is true, and the Eagles are interested in him, then a win over Hawthorn would be the perfect audition for the job.

So, I am starting to lose that conflict of interest, and am hoping for a win. We lose against the Swans the game after, and Hinkley can ride off into the WA sunset with his reputation still half intact.
You're a better person than I for still caring about the impact to his reputation at this point!

Heard Roy Laird being interviewed on SEN on the back of his induction into the SANFL Hall of Fame. I understand he's afraid of flying but it's pure negligence this guy hasn't been given an offer he cant refuse to either coach the sanfl side or develop our young talent. Instead we have a record breaking, inarticulate, semi literate, slob employed at the top level for 12 years, our SANFL team wins the wooden spoon and now hold the record for consecutive finals losses. Way to go Port brains' trust.

"We are going to need that performance (from Butters in the earlier class against Hawthorn) again. By we, I mean Port Adelaide."
- Damien Barrett has been captured by Ken and doesn't even know it.

Heard Roy Laird being interviewed on SEN on the back of his induction into the SANFL Hall of Fame. I understand he's afraid of flying but it's pure negligence this guy hasn't been given an offer he cant refuse to either coach the sanfl side or develop our young talent. Instead we have a record breaking, inarticulate, semi literate, slob employed at the top level for 12 years, our SANFL team wins the wooden spoon and now hold the record for consecutive finals losses. Way to go Port brains' trust.

I know someone who had crippling fear of flying but later in life had hypnotherapy (at the suggestion of his long time friend and collaborator) to help him avert it. Did absolute wonders for his career.

Maybe Old Roy needs someone with a pocketwatch and a soothing voice to get him over the fear.

BIG story in this morning's press about Hinkley getting a call from West Coast if Port lose on Friday. Another story says it will be Ken's call if he quits. That last bit figures as sacking ken would not be in Koch's playbook.

Several sources, all of them Victorian, are voicing the opinion that if Port loose to Hawthorn Ken will go. FOXTEL also buying into the story...

BIG story in this morning's press about Hinkley getting a call from West Coast if Port lose on Friday. Another story says it will be Ken's call if he quits. That last bit figures as sacking ken would not be in Koch's playbook.

Several sources, all of them Victorian, are voicing the opinion that if Port loose to Hawthorn Ken will go. FOXTEL also buying into the story...

West Coast calls Ken...

"Hello this is Ken, what can I do you for?"

"**** you."

hangs up

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back