Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Broken Heart Egg GIF by Travis

Probably already posted.

Daniel Hoyne saying what we've all known since around 2017 - we need a complete change in "method and philosophy" at port.

If Port do go early on their succession plan and have Carr become head coach without looking elsewhere, there is still some hope and that is that we have had so many assistant coaches come and go in the last 7-8 years, but the game plan has remained largely the same. We play Hinkleyball. I would expect Carr would have a different philosophy, just as Sam Mitchell doesn't follow the Adam Simpson game plan.

Who were Collingwood going to get to replace Nathan Buckley?

Who were GWS going to get to replace Leon Cameron?

Who were the Western Bulldogs going to get to replace Brandan McCartney?

Who were West Coast going to get to replace John Worsfold?

Who were Hawthorn going to get to replace Peter Schwab?

Want me to continue? And if poor old Kenny hasn’t got the cattle to be any chance then surely first year coach Adem Yze gets cut some slack too with his list?
Remember in 2012 when no one wanted to coach Port, and they ended up with Hinkley because he was the last man standing?

You can't compare Port to clubs in Victoria, not many people want to live in SA hence why it's hard for Port to attract high quality coaching staff.

I mean,
Your forwards coach is Chad Cornes.
Your reserves coach is Hamish Hartlett.
Your opposition analyst is Jordan Hinkley.
Enough said.

What makes you think Port will find a quality senior coach this time around, given the situation Port found themselves in last time they were looking for a senior coach?

Remember in 2012 when no one wanted to coach Port, and they ended up with Hinkley because he was the last man standing?

You can't compare Port to clubs in Victoria, not many people want to live in SA hence why it's hard for Port to attract high quality coaching staff.

I mean,
Enough said.

What makes you think Port will find a quality senior coach this time around, given the situation Port found themselves in last time they were looking for a senior coach?
Couldn't be any worse then stinkley.

Probably already posted.

Daniel Hoyne saying what we've all known since around 2017 - we need a complete change in "method and philosophy" at port.

Yep, basically laying it at the feet of our gameplan. Nice to see it called out like this. Kane trying to blame the personnel, Hoyne calling out the method and coaching.

New coach could be worse than Ken. But at this point I would like rather experience a new levels of shit than Ken Hinkley shit

I mean,
Enough said.

You do realise Chris Scott was the front runner for that position a couple year prior until we fleeced him for Primus?

Are you saying he’s not high quality and an example of us struggling to attract coaching talent?

If the board didn’t fk it up and go for the easy option again perhaps we would be in the Cats position the past 12 years.

But don’t let that get in the way of a good story between you and Ken once again.

Imagine going into exit interviews after a second consecutive straight sets exit and a 0-5 September losing streak since the 2021 Qualifying Final, and being told by Ken Hinkley that you no longer have a spot on the list, or a place in the coaches box/football department.

You’d laugh in his face.
hopefully he will be gone before then

New coach could be worse than Ken. But at this point I would like rather experience a new levels of shit than Ken Hinkley shit
Is rather go backwards to have the guys learn a game plan that actually brings success against good sides and in finals than the same shit from Ken.

I mean,
Enough said.

Lol you are a Geelong supporter , who the **** wants to live there? Adelaide is an amazing city and constantly rated right at the top of most livable cities, this concept no one wants to be here is ****ing stupid.

Phil Walsh, Alan Richardson, Alastair Clarkson, Brendan Lade, Stuart Dew, Adam Kingsley, Brett Montgomery, Jarrad Schofield, Josh Carr, Michael Voss, Damien Hardwick, Mark Williams, Matthew Nick's, Troy Chaplin, Aaron Greaves & Brad Ebert at Carlton, Darren Burgess, Matthew Knights, there's a tonne of coaches in the industry that have come from Port or through our programs, and there's plenty of premierships there amongst them.

Regardless you don't just stay with a coach because you're not sure you'll get another. Great clubs make brave decisions and risk it for the biscuit. If our next coach is shit, it is a better result to have tried than to have stuck with a failing status quo.

Arguing anything to do with who you gonna get is the most stupid argument there is.

Last edited:

I mean,
Enough said.

Your argument is seriously flawed but how long should we stick with Donuts then?

Whack.

Noting he's not allowed to say 'Ken Hinkley', instead he just says 'Port Adelaide' can't bring what other coaches can.

That particular play though has some pretty awful positioning by Rozee, followed with a half-assed call for the ball and then he just gave up on the play. He's the wrong side to attack from as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean,
Enough said.

Daniel Merrett is an assistant coach in our AFLW team why can a women's team attract interstate coaches while the men can't - Hinkley
And anyway we have Goldsack so you're wrong anyway
Why don't we have any dissenting voices in our coaching panel - Hinkley

You're a ****ing idiot clutching at straws Taper - Hinkley is finished finally. The day of rejoicing is almost upon us.

Oh absolutely, even a simple "poor" performance should have seen us in the game against Geelong all the way. Geelong are shit. They'll get smashed in their prelim IMO. A performance like that only happens because Hinkley shellshocks our players for big games.

My point was more that as a team with a gameplan that relies on individual brilliance to score, filling out forward line full of low ceiling plodders because we'd beaten a few bottom 10 teams was dumb and got exposed.

In 2014 I wanted Butcher in the side because we didn't have enough forwardline presence. For the first 2/3rds of the season I was laughed at and told winning form is good form. We then pissed away a top 4 spot because teams started to play more defensively against us and we couldn't just slingshot in.

Just responding to Willsy's assertion that we finished the year strongly. We won games but we weren't playing optimally and it was a problem. You may remember me bitching about it for several weeks.

I distinctly recall most people saying on here how mature our wins were against Adelaide and Freo, and absolutely waxing lyrical about the Sydney win. The only win in the last month that I noticed any negativity about was the Melbourne win.

Early on and the middle parts of the year there was lots of criticism but it definitely waned and it was mainly positive in the last 6 weeks or so.

Now with the benefit of hindsight, we were going terribly all along.

I just don’t buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I see Rozee poorly reading the play, trying to gain a little space on his man, seeing we have the ball ready for clearance, but he's working into a pointless space. It totally forgets the direction the ball is likely to go and any impact on defending the next play.

Mead then proceeds to hack a kick forward, a kick that lacks any depth, something he does way too much for someone that is supposed to be skilled, and this shallow short, shit kick goes straight to Geelong mids, that have read the fact he is being pressured, and unlike Rozee are working to the dangerous space.

After that Mead then presses up on the turnover to try and get it back. At the same time, his decision let's Miers escape out the back. DBJ compensating covers Miers but his man Mannagh is left loose.

This play shows some poor play reading from Rozee. But the whole break down comes from Meads bad skill execution and then bad decision in defending.

Mead is an issue that's hard to ignore at the moment.

I know someone who had crippling fear of flying but later in life had hypnotherapy (at the suggestion of his long time friend and collaborator) to help him avert it. Did absolute wonders for his career.

Maybe Old Roy needs someone with a pocketwatch and a soothing voice to get him over the fear.

I did the same thing... Flew for the first time in my mid 20's

Dude sitting at the poker table..

"Reckon we have a good chance Friday night against the Hawks"

Me "is Hinkley still coach?"

Him looks at me weird "yes"

Me "then we have no chance"

I then get a 5min lecture of why it isn't Hinkley's fault it's the selectors fault ect.

😐 Just need to shut my mouth.

Chad it's not an aberration you dolt. Look at our finals record. It's the norm.

Can we ship this guy out the door with Hinkley? Great player, passionate, but too dim to be a coach. And I'm not just talking about this comment (which is him putting on a brave public face - can't blame him for that). But he's always seemed too dim to coach.
Great player is a stretch too. Imo 1 great season, 2 good seasons & that's about it.

I mean,
Enough said.

There'd be a few quality people who'd like the idea of coaching the quality of this midfield. And teaching them not to lose that quality in finals. Potential flags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back