Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm predicting tears from "Kenny" the salesman after the game win or lose..
Look at me...I'm the victim.
After the Saints game, he openly declared that he wants the job. That being the case, he has to wear the consequences - whatever they are. No sympathy!!!

After the Saints game, he openly declared that he wants the job. That being the case, he has to wear the consequences - whatever they are. No sympathy!!!

It is pretty hard to upset Ken. Booed from the ground, Sack Hinkley and Hinkley Out signs all over Alberton, 'lose and Ken is gone' stories in the media and Ken still doesn't get the message that he is not wanted by a significant proportion of the Port faithful.

On that subject I often wonder what proportion of Port supporters actually want Ken out. The vast majority of posters on this site want him gone but when the media interview fans at a game they can always find a number who don't blame the Coach. I wonder how hard they have to search to find the 'don't blame the Coach' faction?

Maybe only subversives like us gravitate to Big Footy? Maybe we are in the minority?

It is pretty hard to upset Ken. Booed from the ground, Sack Hinkley and Hinkley Out signs all over Alberton, 'lose and Ken is gone' stories in the media and Ken still doesn't get the message that he is not wanted by a significant proportion of the Port faithful.

On that subject I often wonder what proportion of Port supporters actually want Ken out. The vast majority of posters on this site want him gone but when the media interview fans at a game they can always find a number who don't blame the Coach. I wonder how hard they have to search to find the 'don't blame the Coach' faction?

Maybe only subversives like us gravitate to Big Footy? Maybe we are in the minority?
Think social media is dominated by Ken haters. But I think on gameday it's a bit different, since many of the Ken haters these days just don't go to the games. So there might be a more even proportion on gameday compared to what the actual fanbase feels like.

It's easier on gameday for those media people to find a Ken fan

Jimmy Bartel and co on Classified just tore the coaching group to pieces, was really shocked by how poor they were tactically aganst the cats and how they failed to try any adjustments. Unfortunately carr is part of this group, does he have a voice or is he agreeing to this crap.

Going right off Carr at present. We should move hell and high water to get Dean Cox.

Guaranteed Donuts will appear on Fox Footy (paid interview of course) where he releases the crocodile tears saying how nasty Port Adelaide supporters are,
how Adelaide is a fishbowl and they don’t take to Victorians
In which case I REALLY hope he gets the West Coast job - when the Eagles play Port in Adelaide, those nasty Port fans will welcome him back to Adelaide Oval with open manholes :).

Jesus christ the idea that Kane ever talks about commitment when he bailed on his own teammates in round 5 of a full season to go dress up as a fireman for a few weeks (before bailing on that too) never ceases to amaze me.
Talk about zero self-awareness. That's how he played, demanded the ball from younger players to get cheap kicks when he was the last person you wanted to have the ball. Like all the Cornes boys it's all about them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest issue with Whately is that yes,he's an anti-Port troll and Hinkley fanboy, but that shouldn't be a problem in itself. The bigger problem is that our club has lost its way so badly that senior people at the club rate his opinions higher than actual fans. He should be treated by us the exact same way Bevo treats Kornes.

Talk about zero self-awareness. That's how he played, demanded the ball from younger players to get cheap kicks when he was the last person you wanted to have the ball. Like all the Cornes boys it's all about them.
Kornes and his continual cheap stats where he would run past a player and demand the ball, which he then regularly followed up by either immediately running into trouble, or his specialty of the high up and under kick down the line to no-one in particular have always put a huge question mark over at least 2 of his b&f wins for me.

This belongs here:

Can't like this enough. She should have way more views and be way more popular than she currently is.

She offers insightful analysis, a realistic outlook and quick wit in a way that it makes the current crop of so called sports journalists a laughing stock.

Every single one of her critiques of Port Adelaide that I've seen is relevant and on point. There should be more of her type out there.

Kornes and his continual cheap stats where he would run past a player and demand the ball, which he then regularly followed up by either immediately running into trouble, or his specialty of the high up and under kick down the line to no-one in particular have always put a huge question mark over at least 2 of his b&f wins for me.
Hes the same as a commentator.

Hes a cheap click accumulator.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine going into exit interviews after a second consecutive straight sets exit and a 0-5 September losing streak since the 2021 Qualifying Final, and being told by Ken Hinkley that you no longer have a spot on the list, or a place in the coaches box/football department.

You’d laugh in his face.

I'd like to imagine him booting his assistants.

Telling them they've been here for too long and that they need some new eyes and fresh ideas in the coaches box and then a few weeks later announcing Hamish Hartlett and Cameron Sutcliffe as coaches.

I'd like to imagine him booting his assistants.

Telling them they've been here for too long and that they need some new eyes and fresh ideas in the coaches box and then a few weeks later announcing Hamish Hartlett and Cameron Sutcliffe as coaches.
And the newly-retired Charlie Dixon as forwards coach.

Just keep changing the goal posts Rucci so you can remain employed, or should I say relevant
Rucci is as relevant as Stephen Rowe is intelligent, or Joe Biden is coherent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back