Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect Daddy Donuts' focus is not so much on the tactics for tonight's game but on trying to memorise the lines for the post-game presser in case Port wins. He's got the loser 'throw everyone else under the bus' line down pat, but his team winning (accidentally) a big one would mean self-glorification at a new level.

I suspect Daddy Donuts' focus is not so much on the tactics for tonight's game but on trying to memorise the lines for the post-game presser in case Port wins. He's got the loser 'throw everyone else under the bus' line down pat, but his team winning (accidentally) a big one would mean self-glorification at a new level.
Either way, I dare say Hinkley will cry.

Cos leaking to Eddie that the club is spooked about playing at their home ground 😂😂

What the absolute **** has happened to this organisation. Pissweak doesn’t even begin to describe it.
Team reflects the coach, weak minded. It's been an issue for some time. Ken knows a significant amount of supporters don't like or rate him & players would feel this anxiety. It's part of the reason we haven't turned up mentally to play 3 of the last 4 home finals. This is just another reason we have to get rid of him. Players should be breathing fire to be playing a final on their home turf.

He doesn't want to be a smart arse.

Well he's not smart, but he is an arse****
yes he is, hiding behind his contract instead of talking about the results of being a 12 times failure. Any decent person would have walked years ago instead of creating false narratives through his stooges at the club and in the media to get himself contract extensions. Hinkley worked out a long time ago that the way you keep your job is to manipulate the playing group, which in turn manipulates the board and then find friends in the media by leaking them info over the duration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon daddy shithead will roll out his "don't lose by too much" gameplan as seen against Melbourne when we kicked zero goals in a half. He'll want it as ugly as possible and won't care if we lose as long as the scoreline is "competitive"

That’s the second time this guy has been tapped for comments about Port in an article centred around 2012.

What the f#%k would he know about it?

Rockliff spent a lot of time defending Hinkley last year in his Triple M commitments. Any conflict of interest he is in the Hinkley racing syndicate? People can draw their own conclusions.

What I found infuriating last year was Rockliff banging on about why Ken was a successful Coach etc. I have no doubt Ken forged a very good relationship with him, but what would Rockliff know about what success looks like? I don't mean to sound harsh, but 13 odd year career that yielded a solitary finals win doesn't quite have the same ring as a Triple Premiership player giving their input.

LMAO at the latest pre-game defence for Ken, designed to protect him in case of a semi final win but preliminary final embarrassment.

"If Port wins, this will be not only Ken's best win, but one of the greatest sport achievements this country has ever seen."
- Bartel, Kane, Caro about the 2nd ranked team beating the 7th.
If he pulls this game off I do agree it will be his greatest win

Its amazing how many people on here seem to be celebrating and hoping for a port loss tonight just to be rid of the coach. I peronally will take a win over anything else
I want Port to win a premiership and that means Hinkley has to go. It's a win-win situation if we lose.

Ll Cool J Chris Odonnell GIF by CBS

What I found infuriating last year was Rockliff banging on about why Ken was a successful Coach etc. I have no doubt Ken forged a very good relationship with him, but what would Rockliff know about what success looks like? I don't mean to sound harsh, but 13 odd year career that yielded a solitary finals win doesn't quite have the same ring as a Triple Premiership player giving their input.

Give any coach 12 years, and through the natural progression of drafting and developing players along with a bit of luck, you should make a few prelims over such a long period. We could have hired literally anyone in 2013 and probably still would have achieved the same outcomes at a bare minimum with the players we've had over that time.

If he pulls this game off I do agree it will be his greatest win

What a laughably low bar after 12 years.

“Nobody expected them to beat the 7th-placed team in a home semi, so he deserves maximum credit for pulling a rabbit out of the hat!”

🤪

“Nobody expected them to beat the 7th-placed team in a home semi, so he deserves maximum credit for pulling a rabbit out of the hat!”

🤪

It's an actual fact that he has only recorded one victory after the first week of the finals in his 12 year tenure (10 years ago today). So yes, a win would be at least the equal greatest win of his coaching career, as pathetic as that sounds.

It wasn't so much that there is an issue from it. It's more highlighting just how much the pressure has gotten to him. He was agitated right from the start getting into a confrontation with a journo about Burton being unavailable.

Then he goes on to say "I'm not going to be a smart arse, but..."

And of course, my personal favourite, "see yous next week."

It was as unhinged a performance as we have seen from Ken at a press conference.

I just wish there was a reporter willing to push back on Ken's assertion that having a contract means he's safe - because apparently (according to Ken) "those are the facts," yet "the facts" are also that coaches such as Simpson, Clarkson and Hardwick all finished up at their respective clubs whilst they were still under contract.

Could be under 24 hours until Ken will have coached his last game for our Club. Either that or the Club is playing for a spot in a grand final next week. Hard not to get excited either way.
I didn't mind the fact he was agitated, and seemingly on edge. He should be, because there is a lot at stake tonight. I had concerns he may have already checked out with his eyes on a role elsewhere already, but to me it showed that he is still very much invested.

I feel like i'm on edge and i'm just a supporter. There is a lot of pressure to get the job done tonight in my opinion.

And we are preparing for a semi final and the journos are asking questions about the coach's future, can't we just park that shit and talk about the game, I don't blame KH for being agitated by those questions. But it is still a far cry from the likes of Mick Malthouse as far as being a confrontational presser.

From memory for last years semi final he was doing this fake confidence crap that everyone could see right through, going on about how previously we'd won our QF and lost the prelim so maybe taking the longer road was better for us and last time GWS came here they got beat, or something along those lines. I'd rather him show his true colours than that sort of BS.

Yeah we get our wish of Hinkley walking away if we lose but i still want to win, as i really worry about the mental impact another home final loss and straight sets exit will do to this playing group. I feel like they need to get this monkey off the back tonight. And i'm also hopeful that perhaps the club and KH decide it's still time to part ways even with a prelim loss, and perhaps he actually needs to get us to the big dance to survive.

🤪

Well I guess it tracks considering that the previous standard was a Round 1 win over a team that didn’t even make the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back