Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't mind the fact he was agitated, and seemingly on edge. He should be, because there is a lot at stake tonight. I had concerns he may have already checked out with his eyes on a role elsewhere already, but to me it showed that he is still very much invested.

I feel like i'm on edge and i'm just a supporter. There is a lot of pressure to get the job done tonight in my opinion.

And we are preparing for a semi final and the journos are asking questions about the coach's future, can't we just park that shit and talk about the game, I don't blame KH for being agitated by those questions. But it is still a far cry from the likes of Mick Malthouse as far as being a confrontational presser.

From memory for last years semi final he was doing this fake confidence crap that everyone could see right through, going on about how previously we'd won our QF and lost the prelim so maybe taking the longer road was better for us and last time GWS came here they got beat, or something along those lines. I'd rather him show his true colours than that sort of BS.

Yeah we get our wish of Hinkley walking away if we lose but i still want to win, as i really worry about the mental impact another home final loss and straight sets exit will do to this playing group. I feel like they need to get this monkey off the back tonight. And i'm also hopeful that perhaps the club and KH decide it's still time to part ways even with a prelim loss, and perhaps he actually needs to get us to the big dance to survive.
His reaction to the coaching last game stuff was whatever, his random response about Burton's calf was a bit lol. The mental impact another home final loss and straight sets exit stuff on the playing group, yeah I get that too, but it almost seems reactionary again from last week's loss, and the criticism that Ken is copping. How the fk are they just not mentally prepared going into last week. It may, but I don't feel any monkey lifts off their back if they win tonight, just like the monkey wasn't lifted on the 04 group after both semi wins against Essendon in 02/03, the monkey was still major going into that 04 finals series, and wasn't lifted till the gf win.

His reaction to the coaching last game stuff was whatever, his random response about Burton's calf was a bit lol. The mental impact another home final loss and straight sets exit stuff on the playing group, yeah I get that too, but it almost seems reactionary again from last week's loss, and the criticism that Ken is copping. How the fk are they just not mentally prepared going into last week. It may, but I don't feel any monkey lifts off their back if they win tonight, just like the monkey wasn't lifted on the 04 group after both semi wins against Essendon in 02/03, the monkey was still major going into that 04 finals series, and wasn't lifted till the gf win.
They just need to get a finals win, and you never know a win tonight could be the catalyst for going further. I reckon if we get up tonight we will go to Sydney full of confidence.

It's just lazy bs reporting on Hinkley. AAMI sucked balls, we weren't packing out AO coz this cokkhead was our coach.
The fact ex players like Kornes spew this shit and the Vic media believe it just shows how pathetic the AFL media is...

Equally, who’s to say that we wouldn’t find someone better than Hinkley?

Thrilling conversation hey!
The claim that Port will find someone better than Hinkley is about as outrageous as me claiming that tomorrow is Saturday :).

2nd v 7th is the greatest win ever? Yikes. What an incredibly low bar that is set for this loser.
tribey yes! Great minds think alike.
Yeah I get it. I've read it enough times on here

But in the seasonal context and the situation it will be his best win.

But it isnt a positive for Hinkley and you are correct the bar is set low over a 12 year period

Remember how Ken negotiated with the SMA to move to Adelaide Oval. Where were the Hinkley haters then?

And he was doing that while at the Gold Coast as their Assistant Coach. It really shows how committed to Port Adelaide Ken was that he was doing this work behind the scenes before he was employed by the Club in any official capacity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just lazy bs reporting on Hinkley. AAMI sucked balls, we weren't packing out AO coz this cokkhead was our coach.
The fact ex players like Kornes spew this shit and the Vic media believe it just shows how pathetic the AFL media is...
I agree that all the work to get us to AO had nothing to do with Ken, he was just the lucky beneficiary. But the fact that we were playing exciting, entertaining football also had a fair bit to do with why we had good crowds. Just a pity it only lasted a few seasons. If we’d still been at pleurisy park the crowds would still have improved for a while, but would definitely have fallen away again the last few years.

It wasn't so much that there is an issue from it. It's more highlighting just how much the pressure has gotten to him. He was agitated right from the start getting into a confrontation with a journo about Burton being unavailable.

Then he goes on to say "I'm not going to be a smart arse, but..."

And of course, my personal favourite, "see yous next week."

It was as unhinged a performance as we have seen from Ken at a press conference.

I just wish there was a reporter willing to push back on Ken's assertion that having a contract means he's safe - because apparently (according to Ken) "those are the facts," yet "the facts" are also that coaches such as Simpson, Clarkson and Hardwick all finished up at their respective clubs whilst they were still under contract.

Could be under 24 hours until Ken will have coached his last game for our Club. Either that or the Club is playing for a spot in a grand final next week. Hard not to get excited either way.
I wish one of the reporters had had the guts to ask him, "Ken, what are your thoughts about club legends Jack Cahill, Dean Brogan and George Fiacchi leaving last week's game by 3/4 time?"

Good one Pig.
12 years ago ..
I didn't know ken came up with the move to AO and the one club initiative..
The bar is low when "it's success for Ken at Port" that we're not playing in front of tarps.

View attachment 2109218

Every club (bar Geelong for the last almost 20 yrs) goes through peaks and troughs. That's how it works rockliff you stupid campaigner.

During those "peak" years you're actually meant to achieve something though, not just a bunch of embarrassing finals exits.

i do actually admire your staunch optimism in the ever expanding universe of Sack Hinkley
how is saying IF we win tonight we will go in with confidence next week staunch optimism? Isn't that just a bleedingly obvious comment. If Hawthorn are as good as everyone says a win against them will be confidence boosting, and we would fancy ourselves against a Sydney missing their captain who we have a strong record against.

The negativity is just so high on here, basic rational comments are considered staunch optimism.

Yeah I get it. I've read it enough times on here

But in the seasonal context and the situation it will be his best win.

But it isnt a positive for Hinkley and you are correct the bar is set low over a 12 year period
If it's "his best win", why is last week "the playing group's worst loss of the year"? He gets plaudits for the wins. Am I doing this right?
In addition, a win this week should simply be expected, home final after finishing 2nd on the ladder. Not the best win of the year in any context.

Good one Pig.
12 years ago ..
I didn't know ken came up with the move to AO and the one club initiative..
The bar is low when "it's success for Ken at Port" that we're not playing in front of tarps.

View attachment 2109218
I interpret this to mean "Ken discovered that tarps were the ideal material to bury greyhounds in".

Lol. We were playing in front of packed out crowds at Adelaide Oval, fresh off a season in which we played finals and won a final, in MARCH 2014. How long can this dickhead live off (dubious) credits from over a decade ago?

With each passing year the team craters from a favourable position, I think, ‘this is it. this is finally the result that will bring them to their senses’.

Nope!

Already seen the usual cultist nonsense ranging from “Ken saved the club!”/“Port were a basket case!” to “the fans put the players under too much pressure!/the players let poor Kenny down”.

They could serve up a 100pt smashing tonight, while Ken scratches and smells himself throughout like that weirdo who coached Germany, and there will still be a groundswell backing him to continue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back