Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Man who unashambly stirs the pot goes full pikachu gasping meme when someone responds to it after you beat them.

How is Ken the bad guy here lol. It was two adults exchanging words over a sporting taunt.

Somebody think of the children.

How do you know it wasn't a direct dig?

He was talking up a battle against an ex-teammate in Grundy - Way too far ahead of himself but the fact it was Port they had to beat (and failed), I think, is irrelevant - He would have posted the same if they played Geelong, IMO

but anyway it doesn't really matter but I thought Hinkley's response was weird

He was talking up a battle against an ex-teammate in Grundy - Way too far ahead of himself but the fact it was Port they had to beat (and failed), I think, is irrelevant - He would have posted the same if they played Geelong, IMO

but anyway it doesn't really matter but I thought Hinkley's response was weird
You're just making shit up.
You have no idea what was going through his head.

Ginni and Watson have been sore winners by trolling all year. Fitting they cop some to end their season imo.
Plus… we all know Ken, something monumentally disastrous will happen under his watch in the next week and this will just add to the weight of the fall. It’s like hubris is his Achilles heal.

Ken apologised as well. You give it out you take it whocares how old he is..

JHF is young as well. Doesn't stop opposition booing the **** out of him ...we all move on.

We had a coach shirt front an opposition player last week and your ex coach rip out a homophobic slur a couple months ago.

We've seen worse , harden up
That was NOT an apology.

First, he had the chance in the interview with BT and just smirked as he always does.

Then, when the club told him what a total ****-up that was, he went out on the front foot and STILL couldn't apologise.

Instead, he just mumbled something about being "emotional" and blaming Ginnivan.

And he has just screwed himself.

He is used to soft questions in press conferences and this was the first time since 2021 PF that he got legitimate pushback from his pathetic non-answers.

His one asset is that he's "a gentlemen", according to Rucci.

He just proved himself a graceless bogan and has embarrassed the club and his defenders in the media.

That was NOT an apology.

First, he had the chance in the interview with BT and just smirked as he always does.

Then, when the club told him what a total ****-up that was, he went out on the front foot and STILL couldn't apologise.

Instead, he just mumbled something about being "emotional" and blaming Ginnivan.

And he has just screwed himself.

He is used to soft questions in press conferences and this was the first time since 2021 PF that he got legitimate pushback from his pathetic non-answers.

His one asset is that he's "a gentlemen", according to Rucci.

He just proved himself a graceless bogan and has embarrassed the club and his defenders in the media.

Jesus Christ mate get your hand off it.

If your club want to dish it out they have to be able to take it without being sooks.

Nobody in this thread likes or gives a shit about the reputation of Ken Hinkley. If you've allowed yourself to get so offended by a decrepit old moron, that's on you.

Jesus Christ mate get your hand off it.

If your club want to dish it out they have to be able to take it without being sooks.

Nobody in this thread likes or gives a shit about the reputation of Ken Hinkley. If you've allowed yourself to get so offended by a decrepit old moron, that's on you.
... you're kidding?

You serous?!!
The moment was Punky’s ….. if he took offence he should have voiced his opinion pregame or at the presser post game ….not when a star of the game is being honoured.

Review the vision. Hinkley had a crack at Ginnivan before the Breust guard of honour. It was your hot headed captain that decided to come over and give it back to Hinkley as that was about to happen.

Felt the need to apologise. His mental weakness knows no bounds.

richard-keys-banter.gif

Congrats Port fans, strong response after last week - too good in the end.

While I'm annoyed at what Ken did after the game, you've gotta put yourself in his shoes, hes got the weight of the world on his shoulders at the moment, he's coping it from the media, opposition fans and his own club fans, would be hard to keep it together.

I also think there is a big difference in talking smack before & after a game, while I'd prefer Ginni didn't say anything, it hypes up the game and brings more eyes to the match (if there are any fight fans here, this is buildup/marketing 101), after the game there's an old saying "be Humble in Victory, Gracious in defeat".

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ofcourse it was stupid and he shouldn't have posted it

What I meant though, was he would have posted the same regardless of who Hawthorn were playing - It wasn't a direct dig at Port, if you get my drift

yet Ken seems to have taken it personally

That's how I read it, anyway
Thats debatable, but the end result is the same.

Hey, I agree on Hinkley ... he is a twat. Taking it personally is stupid ... He should have LOVED it! He was given a gift by the little prick, to use to gee up his players ... he should have thanked him!

Jordan Lewis said weeks ago he wished he played under Hinkley. Now he's having a sook about his idol. Interesting.

What I meant though, was he would have posted the same regardless of who Hawthorn were playing - It wasn't a direct dig at Port, if you get my drift

I don’t think he’d have posted what he did if they were playing Carlton, Collingwood or Richmond.

That doesn’t necessarily mean he had a direct lack of respect for Port per se (as Hinkley seems to have taken it), just a passive-aggressive symptom of the wider heartland vibe that ‘ThE iNtErStAtE cLuBs’ don’t really matter so I can post this.

I don’t think he’d have posted what he did if they were playing Carlton, Collingwood or Richmond.

That doesn’t necessarily mean he had a direct lack of respect for Port per se (as Hinkley seems to have taken it), just a passive-aggressive symptom of the wider heartland vibe that ‘ThE iNtErStAtE cLuBs’ don’t really matter so I can post this.
He posted it to a Sydney player.

Congrats Port fans, strong response after last week - too good in the end.

While I'm annoyed at what Ken did after the game, you've gotta put yourself in his shoes, he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders at the moment, he's coping it from the media, opposition fans and his own club fans, would be hard to keep it together.

I also think there is a big difference in talking smack before & after a game, while I'd prefer Ginni didn't say anything, it hypes up the game and brings more eyes to the match (if there are any fight fans here, this is buildup/marketing 101), after the game there's an old saying "be Humble in Victory, Gracious in defeat".
I thought what Ken did was disgusting. Should be sacked for it!

Jordan Lewis said weeks ago he wished he played under Hinkley. Now he's having a sook about his idol. Interesting.

Kenny has entered his heel phase lol

I'll start by saying I tore up my membership after the 2021 prelim debacle and have wanted Ken gone since.

In saying that, the way I see what happened tonight is that a blue collar team from the suburbs stood up to Victoria and said **** you, go tell your story walking.

I know Ken's Victorian but everything about tonight represented the Port Adelaide of old, from the bruising dogfight to Ken's arrogance in giving it to these little cocky ****ers post game. We should be the team everyone loves to hate and we should thrive off of that. I've wanted that fire from Ken since Phil Walsh died.

At the end of the day the Vicentric media showed their true colours when Ken showed a bit of oomph toward their darlings of this finals series. You try and talk shit all week then think you can come and **** us on our turf? I don't think so.

This is the sort of backbone we need to show consistently to prove to ourselves and to these biased Victorian campaigners that we're here to be the best, not to be the little old pat on the head 'good boy' non-vic team from interstate.

My thoughts anyway, I tend to delve into the symbolism of things.

Man who unashambly stirs the pot goes full pikachu gasping meme when someone responds to it after you beat them.

How is Ken the bad guy here lol. It was two adults exchanging words over a sporting taunt.

Somebody think of the children.
Ginnivan was laughing, so he could take it.

And Sicily, rightfully, stood up for his teammate.

The real embarrassment is that not only did Hinkley refused to apologise in the BT interview, he was clearly given instruction to address it during the press conference and STILL stuffed it up.

Kenny has big Trump vibes where he can't simply say he was wrong and will actively resist any of the advice offered by his team, going rogue instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back