Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I truly don’t know why it’s so hard to understand people want to win it all, but feel Ken getting sacked and having a run with a new mind in the coaching seat would be better. Yes, I hope we win it all, but if not, let’s just get it over with already, instead of him just doing enough as always to keep his job and nothing more.

The grass isn't always green on the other side. People wanted Choco sacked. It happened. Port went through turmoil as a club during the time. Funny enough, along came Ken and brought the club back and almost into a GF not long into it. As I've said before, yes, times up. I'd think Ken would be better suited in a role to continue supporting players etc at Port but not head coach.

Question we all should ask again, after my example above, is, when Ken goes, will the next coach do better? And if so, how fast? Or will people be moaning after a few years of new coach still getting sorted.

Of all the scenarios that could play out in the next fortnight, the best one would be to win the premiership and then for Ken to ride off into the sunset as a flag-winning coach.

I don’t think there was a whole lot in what happened last night, but it’s just the latest of many cracks that have appeared in Hinkley’s facade this season:
  • The weird “I’m not a coward” performance after the Rozee Showdown debacle
  • His massively over the top, unhinged celebrations after the Geelong win the following week
  • The tears after the Saints match
  • Fairly unhinged presser on Thursday
  • The Ginnivan/Sicily incident
The guy is over-emotional, clearly feeling the strain of the pressure he’s under, and most unsustainable of all, he’s become the main character of every single public narrative concerning the Port Adelaide Football Club. That just cannot continue.

These massive emotional swings from high to low just aren’t sustainable week-to-week, and not conducive to consistent success and performance.

He needs a break, and Port need a more emotionally-stable hand at the wheel.

Of all the scenarios that could play out in the next fortnight, the best one would be to win the premiership and then for Ken to ride off into the sunset as a flag-winning coach.

I don’t think there was a whole lot in what happened last night, but it’s just the latest of many cracks that have appeared in Hinkley’s facade this season:
  • His massively over the top, unhinged celebrations after the Geelong win the following week
The guy is over-emotional, clearly feeling the strain of the pressure he’s under, and most unsustainable of all, he’s become the main character of every single public narrative concerning the Port Adelaide Football Club. That just cannot continue.

These massive emotional swings from high to low just aren’t sustainable week-to-week, and not conducive to consistent success and performance.

I'll agree on the beginning part which I've had the feeling might take place, since the start of the season. Port win the flag this year and Kenny steps down and retires on that. Same as Boak.

I still hold that belief and hope it comes to fruition.

The grass isn't always green on the other side. People wanted Choco sacked. It happened. Port went through turmoil as a club during the time. Funny enough, along came Ken and brought the club back and almost into a GF not long into it. As I've said before, yes, times up. I'd think Ken would be better suited in a role to continue supporting players etc at Port but not head coach.

Question we all should ask again, after my example above, is, when Ken goes, will the next coach do better? And if so, how fast? Or will people be moaning after a few years of new coach still getting sorted.
There’s no way you parrot the same dumb points as what you're told to think by the media.

Who cares where we were? Dogs and demons were behind us and have premiership success. Giants have at least made a grand final. Tigers were 2 spots above us and have 3, but at least we’ve outperformed the Suns in that time. So happy we’ve “almost made it,” all thanks to King Kenny, right?

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side? So we just do nothing ever and have Ken be coach until he dies?

What’s actual dumb points. Stop being a Kenny boot licker.

Edit: Lions have also made a GF and they were 1 position above. Literally he hasn’t turned anything around at all people need to stop with that narrative.

This is a great post.

BLOODY WELL SAID (but for real)

Primus picked up the reigns when we were broke. He had an assistant literally phoning it in from 1000kms away. The grass was brown because we couldn’t pay the water bill, not because we changed the coach.

Funnily enough, the initial improvement Ken delivered (along with Richardson and then Walsh - both in person this time!) shows why he should probably be moved on if he can’t take us any further.

The next coach could very well deliver a similar uptick and if they do, great. They’ll probably win a flag with this group. If they don’t, well then you sack them too and try someone else. It’s really not that hard.

I’m torn on the Hinkley stuff. He obviously let his emotions get the better of him but…

That little squib from Hawthorn continuously gets away with shithousery behind the security of his keyboard and screen. Ken tells him how it is to his face and he’s the bad guy?

It’s exactly what’s wrong with society. This younger generation live their lives through an alternate reality online then when s*** gets real in real life they don’t know where to look.

Bad timing from Ken, whatever, but it was a f*** around find out moment for Ginni

Agree with all of this.

I agree that Ken challenged Ginnivan's dick comment but he looked like a yobbo doing it, and I don't like that he bloody apologised afterwards.

Edit: Actually ... nah ... the timing was fine.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club was in a dire financial position with the football department running on the fumes of an oily rag.

Everything that restored the club was put in place before Hinkley was signed as senior coach.

When Hinkley is removed from his position as senior coach, he must not be allowed to continue in any role at the club.

Hinkley has achieved zero premierships in 11 going on 12 seasons. Any new coach is unable to achieve less premierships.

If the "moaning" is such a problem you should be appreciative of the break that sacking Hinkley and replacing him with a better candidate will afford you.

Did you see the odds before the game? Something like $1.60 to $2.30 in Hawthorn's favour. We were written off by most media scribes, genuinely the underdogs in this game.
Yes I did but there is no real reason that playing home with one of the best midfields in the comp and finishing 2nd. The main reason is because Port are hot and cold and probably shouldn't have finished 2nd, we only play well when the coach is under attack.

If we were under dogs in that game when are ever going to be favourites, this is my point, Port are not taken as a genuine premiership threat under Hinkley, they all know we need some event like a thrashing, or Ken's job on the line, booing or Tredrea's untenable comment to actually play a good winning brand of footy.

Last edited:
I agree that Ken challenged Ginnivan's dick comment
Danger 5 Laughing GIF

Losing Houston, Farrell and Burton (who all play the same position), bringing Marshall back for his first game in a while uncertain of his fitness (then losing him mid game), having Dixon pull out, Butters under an injury cloud and playing a team in red hot form after a catastrophic game the week prior... We were absolutely underdogs

And we did it despite biased umpiring and with best games from unheralded and young players ... I can't stand Ken as much as the next guy here but it was a terrific performance the port of old would be proud of.

That Taper Geelong flog can still fk off tho
Yeah i get it but we still managed to win the 04 GF with injuries to some of our best players. Good sides cover injuries and even bad umpiring with good tactics, system and coaching.

The wash up today would have been interesting had James Sicily's shot on goal in the dying moments slid a few inches to the right.

I agree. The 2024 side is a genuinely good side but man for man, the 2004 team was still far better

Agree in better players or more importantly, better mind sets in the 04 team but also different game style back then. They had more open forward lines and back lines as in, it was more 1 on 1 contested footy. Actual forwards and defenders etc... the game now days is more athletic and a lot more long distance running involved. Where these players now would, I believe, run those 04 players off their feet. But.... the players back then had better mentality. Stronger.

I don't really think Ginnivan would have even been thinking about Port or Hinkley when he post that response 'see you in 2 weeks' to Grundy - sure I can see how in a roundabout way you can look at it as disrespect to Port, and his mouth will come back at him eventually (or tonight even), but at the crux of it, the post was about his confidence of himself and his team

but for Ken to take that personally like that is a real weird turn - It's not as if it was like Rachele's 'no teeth' jab

Yes, well, Ken doesn't care about the supporters of the club he's coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back