Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree in better players or more importantly, better mind sets in the 04 team but also different game style back then. They had more open forward lines and back lines as in, it was more 1 on 1 contested footy. Actual forwards and defenders etc... the game now days is more athletic and a lot more long distance running involved. Where these players now would, I believe, run those 04 players off their feet. But.... the players back then had better mentality. Stronger.

Yes I’d pay to see Dixon run Wakelin off his feet lol

The wash up today would have been interesting had James Sicily's shot on goal in the dying moments slid a few inches to the right.
Ifs, buts and candy nuts.

Most would say on balance of play Ports deserve the win, had they pinched it would have been our own fault for not making the most of our chances.

Although amazing the difference in how this win was celebrated compared to the two Semi final wins over Essendon in 02 and 03.

That was NOT an apology.

First, he had the chance in the interview with BT and just smirked as he always does.

Then, when the club told him what a total ****-up that was, he went out on the front foot and STILL couldn't apologise.

Instead, he just mumbled something about being "emotional" and blaming Ginnivan.

And he has just screwed himself.

He is used to soft questions in press conferences and this was the first time since 2021 PF that he got legitimate pushback from his pathetic non-answers.

His one asset is that he's "a gentlemen", according to Rucci.

He just proved himself a graceless bogan and has embarrassed the club and his defenders in the media.

You're going overboard with this and forgetting about your club's own history.

I'll start by saying I tore up my membership after the 2021 prelim debacle and have wanted Ken gone since.

In saying that, the way I see what happened tonight is that a blue collar team from the suburbs stood up to Victoria and said **** you, go tell your story walking.

I know Ken's Victorian but everything about tonight represented the Port Adelaide of old, from the bruising dogfight to Ken's arrogance in giving it to these little cocky ****ers post game. We should be the team everyone loves to hate and we should thrive off of that. I've wanted that fire from Ken since Phil Walsh died.

At the end of the day the Vicentric media showed their true colours when Ken showed a bit of oomph toward their darlings of this finals series. You try and talk shit all week then think you can come and **** us on our turf? I don't think so.

This is the sort of backbone we need to show consistently to prove to ourselves and to these biased Victorian campaigners that we're here to be the best, not to be the little old pat on the head 'good boy' non-vic team from interstate.

My thoughts anyway, I tend to delve into the symbolism of things.

Excellent!

That's why Hinks shouldn't have given an apology (even if he didn't mean it).

Hinkley haters have parroted the "can't win knockout finals" line many times in recent years.
"Has only won one knockout final in ten years" still has a pretty nice ring to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see the odds before the game? Something like $1.60 to $2.30 in Hawthorn's favour. We were written off by most media scribes, genuinely the underdogs in this game.
To be fair odds are calculated based on the gross amount of wagered on that team rather than who they might think will win. Gambling is all about risk management more than analysing who might win.

To be fair odds are calculated based on the gross amount of wagered on that team rather than who they might think will win. Gambling is all about risk management more than analysing who might win.

Underdog is underdog. If you're that far behind in the odds in a two horse race, you're the underdog.

Almost nobody on this board thought we could win, most media pundits the same.

This isn't Choco's pretend underdog status, most people thought we would be out in straight sets.

Ifs, buts and candy nuts.

Most would say on balance of play Ports deserve the win, had they pinched it would have been our own fault for not making the most of our chances.

Although amazing the difference in how this win was celebrated compared to the two Semi final wins over Essendon in 02 and 03.
Not saying Port didn't deserve the win. Just wondering out loud what today might have looked like had that kick sailed through the big sticks.

I reckon Ken thought he’d mouth off at Ginnivan and then scupper off down the race, not realising he was going to have to stand opposite them while they chaired Breust off.

Nah he’d already signalled the players over to the hawks race before mouthing off

So many miserable sods in this thread.

I have wanted Ken sacked for a long time because I didn't believe he could get them to win a grand final. And there's probably still a large chunk of me that still believes it. However, they're one win away from a grand final for crying out loud.

Get your pitchforks out if they lose on Friday night. Otherwise, for the time being, it's time to be a Happy Clapper 😂

So many miserable sods in this thread.

I have wanted Ken sacked for a long time because I didn't believe he could get them to win a grand final. And there's probably still a large chunk of me that still believes it. However, they're one win away from a grand final for crying out loud.

Get your pitchforks out if they lose on Friday night. Otherwise, for the time being, it's time to be a Happy Clapper 😂

you-promised-angry.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back