Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

They stole our song
Actually no. It was ours first. read the signature! :) Been QFC theme song since formation.
South Melbourne were originally known as the Blood Stained Angels and adopted their song in the 1920's ( I believe ). According to Bruce Abernathy's book From A Port To A Power, Port Magpies adopted it in the 70s.

It felt to me like Hinkley successfully manufactured a siege mentality in the group around all the Ginnivan stuff, and they came out and played accordingly. If Hinkley is good at anything it's exploiting the massive chip on his shoulder. Not sure how he'll go about creating that mentality against Sydney.
Fortunately the chip on his shoulder has nothing to do with team success and everything to do with his personal reputation so the media storm this week should be right up his alley.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am late to the Sack Hinkley bandwagon, so for years I was an apologist. I mention that to put my take on the Ginnivan incident into perspective.

For years Ken preached humility- we had to be a humble side. Sledging just after you have won is not humble. It's actually a d!ckhead act. Play hard and win lose or draw, when the game's done act with dignity.

That's after any game, let alone one that ended the opposition's season by the width of a post. A "double-d!ckead" act.

We all know Ken is under enormous pressure- that act proves he isn't handling it. That and outpouring of emotion after the St Kilda game show it is all a bit too much for him. It is clear he needs to step aside. This is not having a go at the man as is popular on this site. This is an attempt to look at the events of 2024 in a measured and fair manner.

If we lose on Friday, that will be the time for him to step away on his terms. Next year with Ken in charge will be "untenable". Like large portions of this year, 2025 will be all about Ken and his future will be a distraction no-one needs.

Saturday morning Ken will have options. He will get another head coach job elsewhere- in 2025 or 2026.

If despite a loss on Friday night, Ken exercises his (contractual) right to coach us again next year, that will be the worst thing for this group of players. Sure, they love him. But if he loves them, an honourable stepping aside is the best thing for them. As he always reminds us, it's a tough competition with very narrow margins. Winning a flag is incredibly tough- but it is even harder if you are carrying burden of your coach's future.

I think Ken's biggest challenge this week is actually getting up for it, he'll cop it all week & it was an emotion charged build up and game I think he's got a battle ahead to make sure it's not a flat performance next week.

That's the problem with an emotional susan it can drain the joint if you can't control it.
Needs to harness the ‘us against them mentality’ and pressure the life out of Sydney.

It felt to me like Hinkley successfully manufactured a siege mentality in the group around all the Ginnivan stuff, and they came out and played accordingly. If Hinkley is good at anything it's exploiting the massive chip on his shoulder. Not sure how he'll go about creating that mentality against Sydney.
Nailed it - Ginnivan gave him the perfect scenario and from limited experience he could certainly get you up for a game on that emotion - but as you’ve alluded to its not something that you can do every week

I'm not sure which commentator said it during last night's game as I had the sound turned down, but there was more than one mention of Fagan being out coached during the first half, it was said again in the early part of the 3rd qtr, and I thought Why T F doesn't kern get that sort of scrutiny.
He does in a sense. However they never blame Hinkley. They blame line coaches and players.
We've also heard many times things like "im not sure what it could be!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am late to the Sack Hinkley bandwagon, so for years I was an apologist. I mention that to put my take on the Ginnivan incident into perspective.

For years Ken preached humility- we had to be a humble side. Sledging just after you have won is not humble. It's actually a d!ckhead act. Play hard and win lose or draw, when the game's done act with dignity.

That's after any game, let alone one that ended the opposition's season by the width of a post. A "double-d!ckead" act.

We all know Ken is under enormous pressure- that act proves he isn't handling it. That and outpouring of emotion after the St Kilda game show it is all a bit too much for him. It is clear he needs to step aside. This is not having a go at the man as is popular on this site. This is an attempt to look at the events of 2024 in a measured and fair manner.

If we lose on Friday, that will be the time for him to step away on his terms. Next year with Ken in charge will be "untenable". Like large portions of this year, 2025 will be all about Ken and his future will be a distraction no-one needs.

Saturday morning Ken will have options. He will get another head coach job elsewhere- in 2025 or 2026.

If despite a loss on Friday night, Ken exercises his (contractual) right to coach us again next year, that will be the worst thing for this group of players. Sure, they love him. But if he loves them, an honourable stepping aside is the best thing for them. As he always reminds us, it's a tough competition with very narrow margins. Winning a flag is incredibly tough- but it is even harder if you are carrying burden of your coach's future.
I don't want this to sound like I'm potting you here because I'm not, but this email is all that is wrong with PAFC at the moment. Everything begins and ends with Hinkley which is exactly what this narcissist wants. This is Ken Hinkley Football Club.

As far as I'm concerned its as easy as this. Is Ken Hinkley the best person to coach Port Adelaide in 2025? Yes/No If Yes he continues If No Sack Hinkley.

Kane Cornes on GWS.

One of the biggest chokes we have ever seen and biggest failures we have ever seen in finals, to have the position of the double chance.

When it's Port it's the players.
Can’t remember Port being 44 points up in a final and losing.
GWS crapped the bed last week only to do a bigger crap this week.
They got so much talent there just about giving players away.
Definitely not a list problem.

$20K fine according to the HUN.
It’s not vic bias or anything like that. Hawthorn have by far the worst fans but people in high places and the media. Everyone I know except Hawthorn fans reckons what Kenny done to shut that peanut up was fantastic. There is far from group think over here. It’s a massive joint with a lot of different regions and class snobbery. Truly hope you beat Swans and their also stuck up snob supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back