Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

So in other words inappropriate behaviour.....

🤣

Lol Ken's a ****ing dickhead but that's so ****ing woke.
The games dead
Not just the game. It's modern society in microcosm. PC has destroyed any semblance of common sense and the Australian trait of larrikinism. Sickening.

I thought only teenage girls got upset over social media posts. Hinkley has embarrassed the club with this childish behaviour. I will never forget a quote from John Cahill when he said, when you lose say nothing and when you win say even less.
The thing with quotes from club greats is they're a bit like versus of the bible, you can make them work for you whichever way you choose to spin them. "We love it when you hate us" being one of my favourites from Fos - I think we're doing a good job playing the us against them card at the moment.

I'm not sure which commentator said it during last night's game as I had the sound turned down, but there was more than one mention of Fagan being out coached during the first half, it was said again in the early part of the 3rd qtr, and I thought Why T F doesn't kern get that sort of scrutiny.
Because the offending commentator would more than likely receive a nasty phone call from Ken.

I thought only teenage girls got upset over social media posts. Hinkley has embarrassed the club with this childish behaviour. I will never forget a quote from John Cahill when he said, when you lose say nothing and when you win say even less.
Nah it's theatre. Chocco did it.
I'm more embarrassed that we haven't won a flag for 20 years.

Actual cannot believe the AFL has fined the club 20k for Hinkley having a lighthearted crack at another player.

The games up the creek.....but no no AFL, you keep being our moral arbiters from your ivory tower while raking in gambling money.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This 100%, clean up your own backyard and stop taking grubby $

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although i do agree with you. We have at least been entertained by the responses of the vfl karens with plenty of skeletons in their own closets

Question for anyone more knowledgeable than I... Why do we have a debt?

Was it something we were saddled with from the get go for the honour of playing in the VFL? Did previous administrations waste it? Did our 09-12 slump pile on debt? Are we paying off Ken's bookmakers?
Did you forget we lost $8+mil combined losses between 2008-14 and didn't make any sizeable debt reduction before Covid, then racked up another $4mil in 2020 and then paid that off.

We lost $1mil our first year at AO.

Someone had to finance those losses ( after SANFL and AFL grants) and given we don't have shareholders, it was the bank.

We also acquired $1.9 mil debt that was sitting in the Port Magpies, mainly accrued to buy the Prince of Wales Leasehold, when we legally merged back into One Club in November 2010.

We have been reducing our debt nicely since that Covid loan from AFL - paid that off, and reduced other debt down to $3.89mil

Koch and Richo wank on about it. Koch says its good debt because we are buying and building assets. That's BS the assets we are buying is from funds that sit in the Bequest Program Trust and there is no debt in there and this trust is off balance sheet.

Richo wanks on about historical debt because we had to pay for our $4mil licence fee over 10 years to the SANFL.

In 2007 financial statements our debt was $3.75mil, and made a profit of $603k (after paying SANFL profit distribution of $325k). Part of the reason for the debt in 2007 was because we had to pay off $4mil for the licence over 10 years, but also build the original version of the Alan Scott HQ and had to finance the equipment that went in it and run the business for 11 seasons, and in 2 or 3 of them, we made losses.

Then the GFC hits, corporates start cutting back, the big fallout from the 2007 GF loss, the Footy Park stadium deal is ratshit, mainly because the club can't earn any real money from corporates, and Demetriou goes about fixing up the stadium deals for the Vic clubs, who become more profitable, a footy department operations expenditure arms race starts, we can't keep up and we go into a downward vicious spiral.

Our debt levels at 31/10/2002 was $3.35mil.

Our debt levels at 31/10/2023 was $3.89mil

So no real reduction in 21 years years.

No big deal, but if we have paid off all the $6.95mil to buy back our sub licence from the SANFL, the last instalment of 15 was supposed to be in 2028, then you can see why we still have some debt. The club keeps telling us we have no debt with the SANFL, which implies we paid off the $6.95mil early. If that's true then the club is too scared to come out and say it chrystal clear that we have paid it off.

If that is true, then Richo shouldn't be talking about historical debt over the licence fee, but because we had to pay for it a second time.

Did you forget we lost $8+mil combined losses between 2008-14 and didn't make any sizeable debt reduction before Covid, then racked up another $4mil in 2020 and then paid that off.

We lost $1mil our first year at AO.

Someone had to finance those losses ( after SANFL and AFL grants) and given we don't have shareholders, it was the bank.

We also acquired $1.9 mil debt that was sitting in the Port Magpies, mainly accrued to buy the Prince of Wales Leasehold, when we legally merged back into One Club in November 2010.

We have been reducing our debt nicely since that Covid loan from AFL - paid that off, and reduced other debt down to $3.89mil

Koch and Richo wank on about it. Koch says its good debt because we are buying and building assets. That's BS the assets we are buying is from funds that sit in the Bequest Program Trust and there is no debt in there and this trust is off balance sheet.

Richo wanks on about historical debt because we had to pay for our $4mil licence fee over 10 years to the SANFL.

In 2007 financial statements our debt was $3.75mil, and made a profit of $603k (after paying SANFL profit distribution of $325k). Part of the reason for the debt in 2007 was because we had to pay off $4mil for the licence over 10 years, but also build the original version of the Alan Scott HQ and had to finance the equipment that went in it and run the business for 11 seasons, and in 2 or 3 of them, we made losses.

Then the GFC hits, corporates start cutting back, the big fallout from the 2007 GF loss, the Footy Park stadium deal is ratshit, mainly because the club can't earn any real money from corporates, and Demetriou goes about fixing up the stadium deals for the Vic clubs, who become more profitable, a footy department operations expenditure arms race starts, we can't keep up and we go into a downward vicious spiral.

Our debt levels at 31/10/2002 was $3.35mil.

Our debt levels at 31/10/2023 was $3.89mil

So no real reduction in 21 years years.

No big deal, but if we have paid off all the $6.95mil to buy back our sub licence from the SANFL, the last instalment of 15 was supposed to be in 2028, then you can see why we still have some debt. The club keeps telling us we have no debt with the SANFL, which implies we paid off the $6.95mil early. If that's true then the club is too scared to come out and say it chrystal clear that we have paid it off.

If that is true, then Richo shouldn't be talking about historical debt over the licence fee, but because we had to pay for it a second time.

Vodafone pulling out to focus on Motorsport and Music Festivals,

Bianco expanding just as the GFC hits,

Renault pulling up stumps to focus elsewhere despite the partnership being a mutual home run,

The China initiative, 150th Year celebrations, and back to back QF/PF home finals being upended by COVID,

Say what you like about our various admins and the millstone that is the legacy of the SANFL’s meddling, but cheese louise have we been on the receiving end of some shocking luck.

This is actually great for us. Angry, back against the wall Hinkley coaching is the only time we're any good.

My thoughts exactly.

It’s our only shot, and the AFL has given us the gunpowder.

We have a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back