Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

It felt to me like Hinkley successfully manufactured a siege mentality in the group around all the Ginnivan stuff, and they came out and played accordingly. If Hinkley is good at anything it's exploiting the massive chip on his shoulder. Not sure how he'll go about creating that mentality against Sydney.
"Dey tuk our flipping jeeeerrrbssssss"

Ken isn't the only Port leader who has had a "please explain" THIS MONTH.

The second that Ken and Koch's Port is not a basket case, Koch is accusing the SANFL of a "conspiracy" against them while Ken made a beeline for a 21 year-old.

Inferiority complex.
As far as I know, Port has never had a player convicted in court of an assault committed on a football oval. That was a club leader too as I recall, and as I was there on the day and right in front of the incident, I trust my memory implicitly.
Additionally, as an impartial commentor on this board, Port have had millions of reasons to whack the AFL over their time and have instead elected to take the gracious position, shrug their shoulders and move on, mostly to their detriment. Think the Houston suspension joke. Unlike the current sook fest we are witnessing from Hawthorn which is especially galling given Hawthorn wouldn't have got within 5 goals had it not been for the blatant umpiring charity. Maybe Port are finally starting to show some teeth. More power to them.

If we had won by a few goals, fair enough but we won over a team that just went out of the finals by a few cms. Ken should have left it alone, emotions were at the highest.

Ginnivan's comments were not that bad imo, his team was in great form and Port had one of the most pathetic losses in it's short history. What he said was not aimed at Ken or the team directly, if it was one of our players great but Ken is supposed to be a humble professional AFL coach and should of acted that way, we can't escape from another Hinkley clanger.

The issue here is the AFL has made a mountain out of a mole hill and imo is totally wrong, it should have been nothing to see here folks and move on.

The Hawthorn Footy Club need to grow up, they have been dishing it out for years.

As far as the AFL go, sucked in your little Melbourne club fairy tale just got blown out the window.
Do you think the AFL would have bothered if Sicily and then Sam hadn’t made such a hullabaloo over it? Would be interesting to know.

That Kane Cornes situation made me wild. Mitchell went down like a ton of bricks after Kane barely brushed past him. I also seem to recall that Mitchell stuck to his story about being 'shoved' even when it got to the tribunal. He really hung Kane out to dry, which most players don’t do in that situation.
I have hated Mitchell ever since then ... what a fake that was. He was the one that should have been fined for staging.

Same with Hodge, respected him at first, just hated him for ruining Wingard's career. he was never the same after having his head mashed into the goalpost.

I have hated the Hawks ever since that time, and just loved the two victories this year.

Eddie was alright on that podcast but he's so fixated on our down period & then calls us povos fukc me that shit is tired, does anyone ever remind him that Collingwood were on the bones of their asses in the 80s/90's all clubs go through it dickhead it's not like we are some afl experiment with 2 thousand members give it a rest.

Eddie was alright on that podcast but he's so fixated on our down period & then calls us povos fukc me that shit is tired, does anyone ever remind him that Collingwood were on the bones of their asses in the 80s/90's all clubs go through it dickhead it's not like we are some afl experiment with 2 thousand members give it a rest.
I thought the points he made about the incident were right, but, just like the Eddie we all know and love (not) he had to monopolise the thing. I was waiting to hear Bartel's comments but got heartily sick of the sound of Eddie's voice first and stopped listening.

Re kern's apology, I hope it wasn't the case but it would be no great surprise to me if Mr `I want Port to be everyone's 2nd club' Koch instructed him to do it.

Daniel Norton was speaking to Ken almost immediately after the interaction and by the look on Ken's face, my guess is that he was being told to apologise.

I think you will find Hinkley walked up over to Mitchell, not the other way around.

It's almost like this Sharaz geezer didn't even watch the after game and is relying on BigFooty outrage posts to form his opinions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Kane Cornes situation made me wild. Mitchell went down like a ton of bricks after Kane barely brushed past him. I also seem to recall that Mitchell stuck to his story about being 'shoved' even when it got to the tribunal. He really hung Kane out to dry, which most players don’t do in that situation.

That's all well and good but when was "shoving" ever a reportable offense?
Like ever?

That's all well and good but when was "shoving" ever a reportable offense?
Like ever?
If I remember correctly it was when they were lining up for a ball up so I'm not even sure now what the charge was. I know some of the reason we appealed it was because up until then Kane had an unblemished record and the penalty was completely unjustified.

The only logical thing to do from here until the end of the season is stick more "Sack Ken' stickers on port road and maintain the rage against him to spur them on.

Ken, you ****en suck, and you'll never get us to a GF, and even if you do you'll never win a flag, and even if you win the flag, you'll still suck. You stink too. Connor, you're pissweak and a shit captain too, grow up.

From the moment they showed Ben Stratton, Isaac Smith and whoever else on the beers in the outer, it was like they all went into fan mode along with them.

Hodge started barracking on the call, Lewis had his dreams crushed, and it snowballed from there.

Hodge mentioned "Benny Stratton" in the stands so many times I was starting to wonder why it was such a monumental occasion.

Nobody should have been fined. Ginnivan made a cheeky, if slightly disrespectful, comment on social media, we won and Ken made a cheeky comment on the way across the ground. Nothing abusive or aggressive, he wasn’t even physically close to him. Why Sicily thought Ginnivan needed protection from that was ridiculous and only escalated the whole situation.
If Sicily had just got on with chairing off their player, and Sam hadn’t sooked in his presser and made it sound like child abuse, nobody would have thought anything of it.
I reckon the AFL only responded with the fine because so many media personalities whinged about it. If it had been Mitchell doing the same thing, it would have been glossed over, and quickly forgotten.

Port Adelaide can't just gloat to a Victorian team after a win, of course they'll be fined, what competition do they think they're in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back