Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

THis is not the time to go with this narrative. Hinkley is here to stay for now, like it or loathe it. There is a prelim to win, and supporters supporting would be awesome right now. Leave your gripes for after the next loss.
Since when has giving Ken everyone's full support helped?

And since when has putting the heat on him hindered?

All evidence would suggest that the exact opposite is true.

Hoping some smart arse Crowie puts up a sack Hinkley sticker on Port Rd this week.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How have you possibly reached such a crazy conclusion?

If they keep him for 2025, he will coach in his final contract year just as he did in 2020 and 2023. There is literally nothing other than pure conjecture on anyone's behalf to suggest otherwise.

I actually think the most likely option if they keep him for 2025 is to announce a succession plan this off-season to have Ken coach 2025 with Carr set for 2026. But again, that's just conjecture on my behalf at this point.

Nearly impossible to predict how things are going to move forward from here until we have the data point that is Friday night locked in to the equation.
At this stage it is just pure unadulterated pessimism mixed with a splash of hyperbole.

Since when has giving Ken everyone's full support helped?

And since when has putting the heat on him hindered?

All evidence would suggest that the exact opposite is true.

Hoping some smart arse Crowie puts up a sack Hinkley sticker on Port Rd this week.

Doesn't have to be a crowie...

Business world never sleeps, one eye on field, the other scanning and scouting.

Do you think the recruiters only start looking at kids after Round 23 or Finals campaign?

What else is there to talk about, we only have 4 blokes left fit to come in for selection.

So it turns out the Jonas and cassisi suggestions were a joke but were you actually being serious about Schofield as CD’s replacement?

Now you are talking about recruiting players, so I’m completely lost again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Let him keep coaching, we are so well respected…..

ab341ab45c1ea48c34b9a27e4075c7d7.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked at our W/L record excluding the close 0-12 pt games (which there is a degree of luck).

Excl finals
2024 16-7 less 6-1 = 10-6
2023 17-6 less 6-1 = 11-5
2022 10-12 less 2-7 = 8-5
2021 17-5 less 5-0 = 12-5
2020 14-3 less 2-0 = 12-3
2019 11-11 less 1-2 = 10-9
2018 12-10 less 3-4 = 9-6
2017 14-8 less 1-2 = 13-6
2016 10-12 less 0-3 = 10-9
2015 12-10 less 3-5 = 9-5
2014 14-8 less 2-5 = 12-3
2013 12-10 less 5-3 = 7-7

Taking out the close games,
2014 the high point, 2020 being the Covid year.
And every other year is almost a rinse and repeat (good but not great)

We want to win as a club, however….

If we lose another PF, how much longer…….?

This should be in the Ken Hinkley stats thread.

Hope we go all the way because if we don't how are we are all going to feel, a failed preliminary final or GF. This we should have all know to well, we are silly people listening to people that give us hope that it's his last year.
History and insight into the weak gutless people running our club, should have been ample information we needed, to know they would never part ways with a contracted coach.

Anyway hope we win the lot, we deserve something to feel good about after all these years.

They have plenty of happy Clappers that just pay and go and don't hold the club to any standards, they don't need die hards like me, they've made that quite clear that we are some sort of splinter group. Called the white noise.

I wish I had a crystal ball, I would have stopped supporting this mob when they sacked Primus, well at least I saw the Magpies at their best and a brilliant premiership by a man that loved Port Adelaide and never forgot the fans, thanks Choco Williams, a real Port man.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back