Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Hinkley's only coaching metric is "effort"

Never heard him refer to anything tactical in my life

IMG_1212.jpeg

And on the one or two occasions he’s been pressed to elaborate beyond the usual superficial platitudes, he sounded no more astute than his predecessor.

They’re not going to sack him if he’s made a preliminary final.
Don’t believe all the shit you read on here.
I heard Koch say it, Ken is coaching next year regardless of outcome this week - why, why , why? I know they probably would not sack a coach that gets them to a prelim, but why come out and say that this week, just not necessary.

Is this an actual quote?!

Ken: "We're getting beaten badly"

Carr: "We should do something about it"

Ken: "Let's see how it goes"

Narrator: "It didn't go well"
It reminds me of that interview with the man who could talk to cats.

"Here we are with the man who can talk to cats, let's see him in action"

"Hello cat, pss pss pss pss pss"

"What did the cat say?"

"Oh no I can only talk to them, not the other way around."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about if we were told prior to finals, that we will get smashed in the first final against Geelong, escape by 3 points against the Hawks and lose to the Swans in a preliminary final.

Then we are told that Ken's job is safe for 2025. This is most likely to happen if we lose in a decent fashion against Sydney.

How many of us would think that's okay?
This club is so amateurish.

We were 3 goals from 22 inside 50s at one stage. The coaching absolutely killed us and almost lost us the game.
That’s the players, the set up was good with Jase playing his best game at half back and DBJ returning forward.
Even playing Evans on Captain knobhead worked.
Mitchell was out coached, now that might not be directly by Ken but we definitely won the tactical game.
We bring that level again tonight and I can see us winning.

You can have your opinion and I have mine, but based on this thread - particularly the last few pages, there are multiple people who agree with my take. So to say that "I don't think anyone will agree with you on that one" is as you delicately put it, "complete hogwash."

Your TMZ backslap is simply disrespectful and uncalled for.
You're a good dude, Chewy but as you leak more and more information from the board, it all can't go unchecked as gospel.

That’s the players, the set up was good with Jase playing his best game at half back and DBJ returning forward.
Mitchell was out coached, now that might not be directly by Ken but we definitely won the tactical game.
12 years of "the players" failing to convert inside 50s.

Just bad luck I guess

The 36ers have Mike Wells we have Mr Nice Guy Ken Hinkley...

and I thought the age of Fos Williams and Ron Barassi had passed us by.

We'll have to agree to disagree here because I can't see us finding any sort of common ground at all if you believe this.

We were 2nd playing against a 7th side at home that had totally run out of puff. We did our usual emotional push when daddy's job was in danger and worked way harder than them and pressured them out of it and that was enough to squeak over the line. Its not sustainable. Our forward entries were diabolical and we repeatedly went straight to Hok defenders because we had so little movement. The only reason we scored was individual brilliance from Willie and MG, and the reason we didn't lose was absolutely epic stand up performances from our medium sized defenders.

The players, in particulary Jase and Big Willie Styles won the game for us in spite of the coaching, not because of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back