Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussions between people with a vote on Ken were briefly had last night.

No meeting currently set but the expectation is that one will happen next week.

This is very much a divided group.
Lol divided group.
Are they expecting Hinkley to deliver a different outcome in year 13?
Holy shitt.
#killme

Divided, why? Surely it should be unanimously in favour of removing the longest serving coach in VFL/AFL history to have never made a grand final. Last night's coaching was a disgrace. No brainer I would've thought.

Ken Hinkley holds the VFL/AFL record for the most games coached at any club without making a grand final.

Wait more 👇

Most VFL/AFL matches played/coached without a flag:

488 - Nathan Buckley
481 - Ross Lyon
449 - Leon Cameron
405 - Ken Hinkley

Most VFL/AFL matches coached without a flag:

377 - Rodney Eade
352 - Ross Lyon
315 - John Northey
282 - Bob Rose
273 - Ken Hinkley

Club clearly doesn't care about accountability
20240921_090930.jpg

We suffer from weak leadership at all levels.

Ken has been proven time and time again he can’t get it done.

Amazing he has no guts to fall on his sword.

So the board is half for cash and stability and half for new direction. Scared of change so better to stay mid table and flop in finals.

If only we had a spine.

You always do what you always done you gonna get what you always got.

What does him coaching next year give us.

A sacking part way through because it gets really bad?. Another St Kilda "Streak". We make finals where twelve years shows he won't take us anywhere and Koch extends based on (who the **** knows).

He may be mother Teresa in a Port Jacket but sorry he can't get it done and somebody needs to carry the can

We exist to win premierships. No you ****ing don't.

Divided, why? Surely it should be unanimously in favour of removing the longest serving coach in VFL/AFL history to have never made a grand final. Last night's coaching was a disgrace. No brainer I would've thought.

Stability and finances. That’s what’s holding us back, they are scared of change.

They have forgotten the members.

If this decision has already been made it was made in isolation by Koch and no one else. His top supporters within the Club even didn't know these comments were coming because no discussion on the coach was to take place during finals.
We are a very well administered club with impeccable governance.

The Sydney spiv rules with a limp wristed iron fist.

Last edited:
I can already see which way this will all fall. There'll be "intense discussions" had, but ultimately the board will decide to remain with Ken into 2025 with one eye on Carr in 26 or some crap like that.

Round and round we go.

This whole organisation is so stale, no caution to the wind, no moves to change things up....we are a parody of Kens coaching as an organisation, just keep doing what we're doing but harder and hope for a better outcome.

This simple questions needs to be asked, do we think Ken can win a flag next year? If not, then why not move on? Josh or another coach fail to make finals in their first year.....that is absolutely fine, we will be on a new journey.

The whole club will be revitalised, I'm almost certain of that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imo Carr has been PART of a failed system for too long now, I would prefer a completely fresh voice.
Buckley would be my preference, there are some good people around for support, like Dew.

The club needs to tred very carefully here but it sounds like they have already made their bed.

Last edited:
If Carr has any pride and/or ambition he will have figuratively smothered Hinkley last night. How can you wait behind a mentally deficient bogan with a proven track record of failure is beyond me.

If Hinkley is allowed to continue with a transition to Carr next year I will start the sack Carr thread immediately on his appointment.

The time for a stage managed exit is past. This campaigner needs to be tarred and feathered and pelted with rotting fruit as he is shoveled out of the door.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won’t have the “I’m contracted’ next year. He won’t see out the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Two coaches have now come out and said we are going to do this to beat them then did exactly that and did.

Last week was motivation coaching this week was back to structural coaching and our structures suck (as does his motivation longer term).

Is it ultimately the players and list, multiple iterations would say no but I sure as shit would like to find out.

He won’t have the “I’m contracted’ next year. He won’t see out the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He shouldn't have seen out the last seven years, let alone this year or next.

His whole ****ing embarrassing "It's not just me, it's the whole club" thing from his presser, just makes me sick.

He's happy to take the big money to be the senior coach, and the plaudits when we win, but when we failed yet again, in our FOURTH prelim under him it's...

And how can those in charge not get that it is now all about him rather than the club...

Port win it's about him

Port lose its about him

No one has ever been bigger than than the club.

Except Kenny.

(Heck we sacked our best ever player who perhaps had a right to be considered)

We suffer from weak leadership at all levels.

Ken has been proven time and time again he can’t get it done.

Amazing he has no guts to fall on his sword.

So the board is half for cash and stability and half for new direction. Scared of change so better to stay mid table and flop in finals.

If only we had a spine.
Weak from the top down.

The fish rots from the head.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back