Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

how can division exist??? there's 12 years of proven failure to show Ken can't make the distance.

Because those people will have to admit that their decisions, backing a failed program, were wrong.

I’d bet any amount of money that Koch has been hanging around to executive produce the “Ken/Koch saved Port” fairytale documentary.

Making a ruthless decision doesn’t fit the imagined narrative.

Why would you even consider going again when you already know it's not going to result in a premiership let alone even a gf appearance. If you already know that the intended result will not happen then why go forward to waste a year to remove him midway. How on earth is this logic not so blatantly obvious to the club, it's been 13 years.
Media always go on about how we can't sack him because of our top 4 finishes since 2020. I assume that’s what the club feels too. I guess they think getting pumped in finals by 70+ by the Dogs, 80+ by the Cats, and well beaten again last night by the Swans are just some fluke losses.

What they have to understand is how talented our list truly is. Top 4 shouldn’t be a pass mark. None of the bottom 10, and most of the top 8 clubs, have a midfield core as good as Butters, JHF, Rozee, Drew, Wines, and Boak.

2014 PF lost to Hawks in a close game we could of won. Shattered 😭 but had hope for the future.

2020 PF Same as above. Another close game we could of won 😭

2021 PF 😡😡😡 ****ing probably the most angriest I've been in my life. Wasted opportunity.

2024 PF 😐 Just over this... Minimal to no emotion. My love for the club is on life support.

Sad... This is what it's come down to.

Like alot of people on here used to plan my weekends around port. Lived and breathed port.
Don't know if my 💔 will ever recover from this shit. #sackhinkley #kochout#sackhinkley.#kochout

Don’t ask me
What you know is true
Don’t have to tell you
I love your precious Ken
Join in the chorus
And sing it one and all
Join in the chorus
We never touch the ball
Our club is lacking
In champions you'll agree
North Melbourne won't be premiers
Till 2053......

lol. What does that even mean?
Professional sportsmen doing the job they are paid mega-bucks to do = "pretty brave".

Was not turning up in the Qualifying Final "pretty brave"?

If only David Koch had let Kenny Hinkley coach the Qualifying Final we could have had a home Preliminary Final instead of having to play Sydney at the SCG which wouldn't have required us to be quite so brave. :rolleyes:

Media always go on about how we can't sack him because of our top 4 finishes since 2020. I assume that’s what the club feels too. I guess they think getting pumped in finals by 70+ by the Dogs, 80+ by the Cats, and well beaten again last night by the Swans are just some fluke losses.

What they have to understand is how talented our list truly is. Top 4 shouldn’t be a pass mark. None of the bottom 10, and most of the top 8 clubs, have a midfield core as good as Butters, JHF, Rozee, Drew, Wines, and Boak.
Yes and ignore that we shouldn't have been in that position with an away prelim but we didn't even show up two weeks ago and then we fell over the line against a team that was not even meant to do anything this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the funniest bits is just how simple he is. His press conferences are just a jumble of "footyisms"... "the reality is this..." "they were stronger and cleaner at the contest".... etc etc

Do you ever hear him provide any sort of analysis like a Chris Scott or Longmire does?

Then, last night he goes on with it not being about the one person. This comes out when we lose or shit goes bad (Geelong, last night), but he carries on like a plonka (last week, after showdowns, crying on camera after the saints win) when we win - making it all about him. Then, when we inevitably go out in finals, he gets off scott free and we wont hear from him until pre season the next year..... its a shambles.

I recall when he got the job with us, there were reports saying that he bombed interviews at other clubs because he couldn't put a PowerPoint together.

Anyhow, no offense to anyone, Ken does speak like someone who dropped out of High School

Just refuse to renew your memberships. It's the only way. Life actually gets better, and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
I haven't heard NTUA live for nearly 3 years, or any of the other game day crap, and I don't feel like I've missed anything.

But it wasn't in decent fashion, we went through the motions for half the game and never looked in it. Like as per usual near enough is good enough so everyone was content.
Yeah agreed, I think the score board flattered us some, they missed some easy one's and imo the put the cue in the rack early.

I haven’t posted on this board as much as I used to but on the off chance that someone in a position of power is reading, here is my 2-cents.

I’m a classroom teacher - I deal with petulant children all the time. The worst ones though, aren’t the ones who throw chairs or swear or make asses of themselves. Sometimes the worst students are the students who think they deserve a better grade than they’ve earned. They make a big song and dance, refuse to listen to feedback, and when you tell them the truth, they go crying to mum and dad and suddenly you need to make a difficult phone call.

If Ken Hinkley was my student, I would feel uniquely confident in my upcoming confrontation with his parents. I will give him some credit, he seems to have good relationships with players, and he has made more finals series than most, but that doesn’t get you an A grade. He can whinge and moan about all the things he does well, but he doesn’t listen to feedback, he makes excuses when he fails and every time the shit hits the fan he runs to Koch and the media who pat him on the back and tell him he hasn’t done anything wrong.

Sure he could improve.

But he hasn’t.

Ken is a B-grade coach who will never win a premiership, he will never earn an A grade. He has provided 10 years of evidence to support this.

B grade coaches don’t win premierships.

Sack Ken Hinkley.

"pretty brave" means that he hoped for a win. He looked completely unfazed by another prelim fail. Why? because during the week that fairy flower Koch reinforced that his job is safe.

For me, this is the exact time for Koch to be overruled and Ken sacked. I want this turkey sacked when he least expects it ... because Ken, Whately, Wilson, and all the happy clappers will sulk ... and this will help my well-being.

Genuine question… why all the hate? He’s consistently got you to finals and top 4 with a list that in my perspective was never a top tier list. I get that his finals record is poor but he’s still qualifying you there. Is anyone else taking you any further?

You obviously know your club better than me so genuinely curious why he cops it so much.
274 games without a grand final is all you need to know. Presumably you as a Richmond fan enjoyed your team playing on the last Saturday in September - it'd be nice to experience it for once, but this turnip will never get us there.

I recall when he got the job with us, there were reports saying that he bombed interviews at other clubs because he couldn't put a PowerPoint together.

Anyhow, no offense to anyone, Ken does speak like someone who dropped out of High School
Hinkley served as assistant coach for the Suns in their inaugural season in the 2011 season and the 2012 season.during this period, Hinkley also interviewed for the Richmond, Geelong and St Kilda senior coach positions but was unsuccessful.

It’s now up to the supporters to get rid of him. Board is to Pissweak too. They are happy being average. Happy to just make the finals.

whether it’s not renewing, not turning up or booing him relentlessly

Make the bastard walk
Not renewing or turning up is never a good thing.

Chewy316 where does Davies figure in this "vote" as he's supposedly out the door? Surely he'd have to abstain.

That is a very good question, and one which I am yet to get a clear answer on, but I'm not expecting it to be an issue based on what I've been told.

Chewy, is it the actual Board or the Football Committee you are referring to?

As I have said previously, and what has been said publicly by Koch, the Footy Committee are the voters. There is however lots of overlap between this committee and the Board.

Now it is Tredrea’s fault apparently. I give up with this club.

Who said that?

Thing is if Davies is off to Collingwood, who are they going to attract to replace him with a rusted on Hinkley in his 13th season?

Another internal promotion I guess. Yippee

Completely agree with you here. If they're going to bring in a new head of football, they can't tie them to the senior coach who's been there for 12 years.

What is the best way for us to create said noise

Is it here
On talkback
Calling the club ?

Tell me and I’ll do it nothing is surer than we will either
A) miss the 8 entirely or
B) bomb out again if we do get there next season

If the idiot stays in charge

The fact it’s even at debate at the board level is terrifying but ok let’s do something about it

Multiple ways mate:

1) They read the forums so this is your first port of call.
2) Talkback radio. Call FiveAA, but don't blow off steam. Have your facts ready to present. Don't make it a subjective argument, it has to be objective. And heck, call AA during the segment with Warren on Monday. Put him in a bind where all he can say is "good call" such is the strength of your objective case.
3) Don't call the Club - you'll just get a poor receptionist who doesn't deserve the vitriol. Email the Club instead, specifically, email Richo. mrichardson@pafc.com.au
And again, with Richo, present objective data that is indisputable.

The division is between the club and the passionate fan/member base that is powerless to do anything other than not renewing memberships.

Tredrea is the only board member who well and truly represents the fan base but he is one of a few putting up a fight behind closed doors.

It is moments like these which is why I suspect so many members voted for Warren to get onto the Board in the first place.

Never felt so empty about this team. We can’t keep picking up missing pieces like Esava and BZT, makes me angry where stuck with them now. Koch has backed Ken for another year. But he can not be involved in list management. Playing Dixon and Esava forward was wrong but we had no players outside the squad that would have made a difference. We need a mini reset. 25,26 should be about getting games into Sinn, L.Evans, Lorenz, Walsh, Lord, Scully, Jones, Dante, Jackson, Tom A and all the new draftees. Offload as much dead wood Dixon, McKenzie, Clurey, MarshallX2, Narkle, McEntee, D.Williams and F.Evans. Only trade Houston and Soldo for right deal. I would keep Boak for one more season for developing training standards and leadership. Shit draft hand even after getting rid of fair few. But it’s all about development and trying to find some diamonds late in draft and rookie drafts. Eg. Houston, R.Gray and L.Evans
BZT been solid for us tbf

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back