Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Im new on here but i am a paasionate port person who is sick of Ken as coach. Unless the board make the correct desicion to move him on this week they leave me and some fellow fans i liase with no choice but to take this into our own hands.
We have a couple of ideas on top of what stickerman currently does which will leave the club and league as a whole embarrased as well as hurt for Ken and his family. I am pleading with Kens family to convince ken to walk we dont want to hurt Kens mental health he is human and served our club as coach for 12 years lets do this mutually and in a humane way if not we are left with little choice but to go hard and make it impossible for ken to stay. And a messege to the board, think about the young playing group and the mental damage it will do to them if Ken continues as coach next year.

Hinkley served as assistant coach for the Suns in their inaugural season in the 2011 season and the 2012 season.during this period, Hinkley also interviewed for the Richmond, Geelong and St Kilda senior coach positions but was unsuccessful.
And didn't even have to interview for the Port job apparently. It was the only way he agreed to apply. This had warts on it from day one.

Im new on here but i am a paasionate port person who is sick of Ken as coach. Unless the board make the correct desicion to move him on this week they leave me and some fellow fans i liase with no choice but to take this into our own hands.
We have a couple of ideas on top of what stickerman currently does which will leave the club and league as a whole embarrased as well as hurt for Ken and his family. I am pleading with Kens family to convince ken to walk we dont want to hurt Kens mental health he is human and served our club as coach for 12 years lets do this mutually and in a humane way if not we are left with little choice but to go hard and make it impossible for ken to stay. And a messege to the board, think about the young playing group and the mental damage it will do to them if Ken continues as coach next year.
The consequences will never be the same.

Chewy - Before I think we were pretty much in agreeance that the fate of Hinkley would be down to the way we played as opposed to the result.

Surely nobody is going to be able to defend that as being a loss with any merit whatsoever.

That was as bad as the Western Bulldogs game just the end margin wasn't as bad. At no stage last night did I think we were going to win. I thought the first 3 minutes I liked that tackling pressure but it dropped off pretty much straight away.

We were playing obviously injured players as usual. This is always argued with the line everyone is carrying something at this time of year but Sydney looked much fresher and fitter.

I'm expecting Hinkley to resign and we'll pay him out in full to get rid of him. It will be a sacking but not in the eyes of the media.

Last edited:
Mark Williams had an actual club sponsor publicly say we wouldn't win a premiership under him, and we were universally labelled as chokers and FINALLY won one? That was like 3 seasons. We've been shitting the bed under this clown for a lot longer than that, have won nothing, and you still can't question him without having your loyalty questioned. The club is responsible for this. Unfortunately our supporters have expectations.
"Just shut up, pay your membership, and be grateful you finished third."

For people saying Carr should take over. He has also failed us. If he had ideas he would have implemented them given our track record in finals.

Im not sold on the idea of a coach needing to miss finals to be sacked. Ken is not the man to take us forward. Do it and do it now. Pay Buckley whatever he wants. Give him an island in the mediterranean.

Don’t ask me
What you know is true
Don’t have to tell you
I love your precious Ken
Hearts to hearts, and hands to hands
We play in front of empty stands
We do our mates' wife in the can
Our accountant - he's a worried man
North Melbourne, North Melbourne!

Out we come, out we come, out we come to play
Gold Coast, Hobart, Canberra - which home ground today?
No premierships for 50 years, that's all there is too say
We're just a bunch of parasites who will not go away

So join in the chorus, and sing it one and all
Join in the chorus, we're going to the wall
F*ck off North Melbourne, they're garbage we agree
They look the same and are as good as poor old Anglesea

Now f*ck off back to obscurity, panhandling parasites.

You know that the dumbasses at the club, specifically Koch, compare to Choco's era of losing preliminaries and use that failure to justify that they're on the verge of premiership glory. They compare failure to excuse their failures. Only losers do this. Not only that, they ignore that Choco's teams had brains, skill, attitude, system, manhood, and hardly had to rely on winning games on emotion. Losing those preliminaries in Choco's era was disastrous, and that's how that should be measured. Not using it to justify more preliminary losses is part of the master plan. Dumbasses.
I agree with almost everything, let's not forget the fact choco would drag the players huddle over to the outer wing to instil emotion and attempt to rev the boys up lol

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

happy season 4 GIF

Because those people will have to admit that their decisions, backing a failed program, were wrong.

I’d bet any amount of money that Koch has been hanging around to executive produce the “Ken/Koch saved Port” fairytale documentary.

Making a ruthless decision doesn’t fit the imagined narrative.
I wonder how many 'how we won the grand final' doccos port film every year but have to scrap.

That is a very good question, and one which I am yet to get a clear answer on, but I'm not expecting it to be an issue based on what I've been told.

As I have said previously, and what has been said publicly by Koch, the Footy Committee are the voters. There is however lots of overlap between this committee and the Board.

Who said that?

Completely agree with you here. If they're going to bring in a new head of football, they can't tie them to the senior coach who's been there for 12 years.

Multiple ways mate:

1) They read the forums so this is your first port of call.
2) Talkback radio. Call FiveAA, but don't blow off steam. Have your facts ready to present. Don't make it a subjective argument, it has to be objective. And heck, call AA during the segment with Warren on Monday. Put him in a bind where all he can say is "good call" such is the strength of your objective case.
3) Don't call the Club - you'll just get a poor receptionist who doesn't deserve the vitriol. Email the Club instead, specifically, email Richo. mrichardson@pafc.com.au
And again, with Richo, present objective data that is indisputable.

It is moments like these which is why I suspect so many members voted for Warren to get onto the Board in the first place.
Hey mate, what’s the likelihood in % terms that Ken will be gone by the end of the week?

Board members genrmerally do more than they are paid for

There is a nice little bit of ego boost being on the board of AFL club, the problem is after a few years of being on the board of_this_club, you're reputation has become synonymous with failure. And if your patch is anywhere but Adelaide that's now into resume blight mode

If nothing else they should seek to move Ken on for their own reputations

Let's see what happens to Fagan over the next 7 days. I reckon the game has ground him down and after the granny the media will have knives for him again

Ken has 2 choices outside of Port this year. Next season there may not be any. He's a used car salesman who_knows_he's a fraud, but if he wants the rush from being an afl coach and the phat pay packet he knows he should jump ship right now

Big 10 days ahead....Choco you still there?

Last edited:
I agree with almost everything, let's not forget the fact choco would drag the players huddle over to the outer wing to instil emotion and attempt to rev the boys up lol

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah ... but we weren't a side doing this to win against the odds ... and treat such wins as monumental.

Last edited:
Nice, but anything done publically should be about Koch not Ken.

and it helps set the stage for taking the license back in 2028

Whatever you do don’t go onto The club’s Facebook feed

The level of cognitive dissonance, mental gymnastics and complete hecken ignorance is breathtaking
Because it's North Korea levels of censorship allowed on there with hiding comments. Twitter is much better with the responses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back