Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I could be wrong but I don't recall Hodge/Mitchell constantly declaring their love for Clarko, I don't recall Cotchin/Reiwoldt constantly declaring their love for Dimma.

It's always, "we love Kenny", everytime a players is trotted out, "the whole group loves Kenny"

It's a bloody cult, "love, love, love"

When he got his extension last year, "cuddles, kisses, hugs,"

Barely ever a mention of the fans or the jumper or the club.

I don't give a shit, they should love premierships.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port Adelaide's last five losing finals games:

An average of 52.4 points, nearly 9 goals.

36- point loss to Sydney - 2024 preliminary final

84-point loss to Geelong - 2024 qualifying final

23-point loss to GWS - 2023 semi-final

48-point loss to Brisbane - 2023 qualifying final

71-point loss to Western Bulldogs - 2021 preliminary final

Last edited:

Does anyone know, maybe chewy? what Richardsons view is on ken staying or going, even though he is not on the board therefore doesnt vote he does run the club and normally a good ceo would have influance on these sort of things.

Our gameplan is fundamentally flawed. It might work during the season and might be successful against mid-bottom table teams, but against good teams and in finals, it doesn't work. It's never worked. Our win rate against good teams is dire and has been for almost a decade.

People that blame the list can't see the forest for the trees.

Chad Cornes saying how entrenched Ken is in Adelaide with his entire family here etc. lol who gives a fukc? we are not the Hinkley family xmas we are a fukcing football club.

He's doing that to assuage the Hinkley fans who are nervous Hinkley might abandon port powa! Then we'd go back to how things were in 2011? Before Hinkley saved Alberton!

Rozee interviewed at the airport today.

"The players love Kenny"

Vomit worthy.
i remember the giants players were saying the same thing about cameron doesnt matter what the players think, even if connor feels that way , he and the group will re adjust with a new coach. Ignore those sort of comments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our gameplan is fundamentally flawed. It might work during the season and might be successful against mid-bottom table teams, but against good teams and in finals, it doesn't work. It's never worked. Our win rate against good teams is dire and has been for almost a decade.

Simply put, our gameplan feeds off opposition's inexperience and lack of skill. Hence why when we play North, Eagles, Saints, Suns, now Tigers, over the years we've been great but when finals comes around where there is experience and skill, our gameplan goes missing

In case there was any doubt, Rozee is 100% Hinklified.

The Advertiser said:
With questions arising about the future of Ken Hinkley, who has failed to take Port Adelaide to a grand final during his 12 seasons in the position, Rozee said he still had full faith in his coach.

“(I have) enormous respect and admiration for Kenny, he’s done so much for our football club and it’s hard to put into words without seeing from the inside what he does,” Rozee said.

“He’s the first person to the club every morning and the last person to leave … he wants it more than anyone to bring success to our club and that’s why we love him so much.”

“I mean you look at the side from a few years ago, I think we’ve got more than half of our side is completely different,” he said.

“A lot of sides get to prelims and don’t quite get there … as long as we keep turning up with the right attitude and effort I am sure we will get there one day.”

“There are 14 other teams who would have killed to have been where we were last night and to have that opportunity, we fought really hard all year to get to that spot,” the 24-year-old said.

“We were one game away from the grand final and had given ourselves an opportunity to do something really special, so it probably just puts that fire in your belly again for next year.

“We’re still a young side who is getting better every year.

“We will look to getting back and put ourselves in the same opportunity next year.”

Hinkley still holds one of the most unwanted records any football coach could possibly own — the VFL/AFL record for most games coached at any club without progressing to a Grand Final.

View attachment 2116880
Gibberish, blah blah blah, the whole club, more gibberish, it's not just me, blah blah blah.

I just watched the replay and we didn't play that badly.

We won a huge amount of clearances, good clearances but there was no leading into space in the forward line.

Longmire would've been laughing at Dixon and Ratugolea getting the ball dropped on their heads and the Swans defenders easily killing the ball.

If we had a good, functioning forward, we could've won that game.

IIRC Butters lowered the eyes once in the 3rd.

Poor Georgiades and Rioli having to play in a forward line designed for Rat's Dick and Son.

How about keeping quiet Connor and getting in the best players in a final. By the way, cleaners are first in the building too and last to leave. I wouldn't necessarily employ them as head coach though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back