Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Question.
Could the member board vote which instilled Tredrea as a board member be viewed as a defacto vote on Ken's position? And, if so, could the fact that members voted this way be now used as (more) evidence that the members do not want Ken? And would the decision makers even care what the members want?

I'll admit I did not vote for Tredrea (let's not get into it) even though I did agree with his views on Ken.

Imagine if Clarkson and therefore Hawthorn in that period has zero premierships and he is still coach with Mitchell sitting in the corner.

That's what Hinkley is for Port today.
Imagine if Clarkson and therefore Hawthorn in that period has zero premierships and he is still coach....but "the list stayed intact".....

Question.
Could the member board vote which instilled Tredrea as a board member be viewed as a defacto vote on Ken's position? And, if so, could the fact that members voted this way be now used as (more) evidence that the members do not want Ken? And would the decision makers even care what the members want?

I'll admit I did not vote for Tredrea (let's not get into it) even though I did agree with his views on Ken.
If the board/administration cared what the members wanted about they'd of sacked Hinkley 5 years ago.

Connor Rozee in the presser mentioned we are a young team.

It's not about the list being young, it's about Ken Hinkley who's had multiple playing list and still hasn't been able to get past a PF in his entire tenure. The experiment needs to end.
The team that took the field against the Swans had an average age of 24.54, so I would call that average.

Connor Rozee in the presser mentioned we are a young team.
...whose careers will be destroyed by Hinkley, just as he has destroyed every other "young team" that came before them. I mean, you have to be a special kind of useless coach to ruin a generational talent like Chad Wingard....but he managed to do that.

Lol just watched Kanes the round so far segment. So frustrating and makes no sense.

He says the list is the problem and changing the coach won't make a difference. Then what are we arguing about? Let's give a new coach an extra year to shape the list and connect with the group. WHAT IS THE DOWNSIDE

Just so much of the narrative around port makes no sense at all. If the club are committed to moving Hinkley on after next year regardless, they'd be negligent to not to it right now

Last edited:
Lol just watched the Kanes the round so far segment. So frustrating and makes no sense.

He says the list is the problem and changing the coach won't make a difference. Then what are we arguing about? Let's give a new coach an extra year to shape the list and connect with the group. WHAT IS THE DOWNSIDE

Just so much of the narrative around port makes no sense at all. If the club are committed to moving Hinkley on after next year, they'd be negligent to not to it right now
iIt's no longer about winning premierships at Port, it's now all about saving ken Hinkley's job. An absolutely pathetic and disgusting state of affairs. May as well shut the doors and merge with Port Districts.

I don't think he's panicking at all. He's contracted, he knows that whatever expectations there are on him next year will dissolve if they're not met, and a few decent results will get him an extension. He also enjoys an inconceivable amount of air cover from the club and the media.

He's probably not long away from retiring, we're just going to have to deal with it until then.
I genuinely don't think he'll get another extension. If he coaches on into 2025 it will be his final year. And that's why this whole circus is so ludicrous. Why waste another year with this failure pulling the strings when you could be allowing the next coach to get to work right now and put his own stamp on things? It's friggin nuts!

Well those odds were proven to be laughable because Geelong destroyed them. Uncle Kenny's Port fell over the line against Hawthorn.

Yeah, I have no recollection of that game whatsoever.

Probably because I came home after the 2017 Elimination Final and deleted Fox Footy off the STB.

Remember when Keith Thomas (I think?) talked about how important three key appointments were to the strength of your club — head coach, captain and CEO, was it?

Now I guess it's a whole club thing and one of those roles is just a figurehead. The boot studder is now just as important as the head coach. So egalitarian! Hinkley's brought in footys first flat leadership structure!

Answer me this, why do you think this will happen? I know we weren’t all that good immediately before Ken arrived but **** me dead, that was 12 years ago. It holds zero relevance. There’s no reason to think a proven loser like Ken is single-handedly holding a club with this list, and this midfield specifically, and has finished top 4 in 4 of the last 5 H&A seasons from suddenly going to the bottom 4 and being stuck there for ages.
I'll choose my words carefully as I'm aware I'm a guest here.

There is an argument that could be made that your list isn't the best in the comp, nor was it in any of the past seasons were discussing.
The flip side is if you DO rate it as the best then you need to give Ken massive props for list management.

Personally (and being fully aware you beat us twice this year) I think you have a few areas of list weakness that the top teams can exploit.

I still think it's 50-50 ken coaching next year he doesn't have total support of the board or footy committee, could be a big couple of weeks in the clubs history.
Even if he does coach next year he ain't getting an extension unless he makes a gf
There will be no August extension this time
Carr will be coaching possibly from midseason hopefully it will be from round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think of the situation like this, your club just moved on Clarkson for Mitchell. In 2034 your club is either going to have moved on from Mitchell, or he’s going to have won a flag as coach. Think about how you might feel if he’s still there as coach but hasn’t even made a grand final. You reckon you’ll be happy when an oppo fan chimes in to say “yeah but what if (player who’s 2 years away from being drafted) leaves?” or “yeah but remember 2024 when you were supposed to finish bottom 4 but made a semi final”?
Or you media buffoons kept saying: "But who else can you get!"

Odds with the bookies
Hawthorn $1.60
Port $2.35

Yes they were underdogs.
Haha you pathetic loser. You got rolled in a prelim after having a handy lead and you're on the Port board posting about poor special needs Kenny. Like-minded and comparable intellect I'm sure 😂

Rozee, JHF, Butters et al will all be coached by someone else in their careers. Whether it’s next year, the year after, or 5 years away, they’ll need to accept the guidance of someone other than daddy.

There is an argument that could be made that your list isn't the best in the comp, nor was it in any of the past seasons were discussing.
The flip side is if you DO rate it as the best then you need to give Ken massive props for list management.

Personally (and being fully aware you beat us twice this year) I think you have a few areas of list weakness that the top teams can exploit.
I think 2015-19 we had one of, if not THE best list in the comp. That's my opinion. We played finals ONCE in those five seasons.

4 prelims and plenty of top 2 and 4 finishes.

the list is clearly good enough

There is not a team in the comp that doesn't have holes in it. Premiership teams have holes. It's the really good coaches that know how to turn what are often referred to as "list cloggers" into highly serviceable role players who can perform a task and compliment the stars in the team. That has always been the way. No team has 22 potential Brownlow Medallists or All-Australians, and never have, and that includes premiership dynasty teams.

It’s hard to take analysis like this when Collingwood kicked a winning score on Grand Final day 2023 with a front six containing Billy Frampton, Mason Cox, Jamie Elliott and Beau McCreery.

The Western Bulldogs won 4 straight finals in 2016 with Fletcher Roberts, Joel Hamling and Zaine Cordy as their key defensive trio.

West Coast were missing Andrew Gaff, Nic Naitanui and Brad Sheppard on Grand Final day in 2018.

Getting obliterated at home as red hot favourites in final after final (and Showdown after Showdown) isn’t a ‘list’ issue.

Lol just watched Kanes the round so far segment. So frustrating and makes no sense.

Just so much of the narrative around port makes no sense at all. If the club are committed to moving Hinkley on after next year regardless, they'd be negligent to not to it right now
Watch the First Crack, great analysis (we already know a lot of it) on why we'll never win a flag. Kingy literally said our aim is to see who gets more inside 50s

I still think it's 50-50 ken coaching next year he doesn't have total support of the board or footy committee, could be a big couple of weeks in the clubs history.
Even if he does coach next year he ain't getting an extension unless he makes a gf
There will be no August extension this time
Carr will be coaching possibly from midseason hopefully it will be from round 1
I would still say there's a 70% chance Ken stays next year but they announce a succession plan for 2026. I just can't see our administration making the right decision for once.

The team that took the field against the Swans had an average age of 24.54, so I would call that average.
The Baby Bombers that won the flag in 1993 had an average age of 24.3.

Hawthorn spent this whole year being talked about how young they are. Averaged age of 24.9.

So no, we weren't an average aged team.

Which is all the more reason to get rid of Ken, the current playing list might still be salvagable for a new coach.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back